March Madness 2010

Started by talleshortz, Feb 20, 2010, 11:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruckus

Great game!  So many things to talk about.  I wanna say Butler blew it by not finishing in close opportunities throughout the game but in the end, gotta give credit to a really good Duke team that brought it when it counted.

I parlayed Butler +7 then accidentally took 128.5 over when I meant to hit the under!  Damn I was hoping for OT! ;D  My bad.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Jaimoe

It's always a sickening sight seeing Duke win. Great game though.

capt. scotty

QuoteGreat game!  So many things to talk about.  I wanna say Butler blew it by not finishing in close opportunities throughout the game but in the end, gotta give credit to a really good Duke team that brought it when it counted.

That was huge...they missed a ton of those in the 1st half

And not even close opps, but just good/open looks. They got a lot more open shots than Duke did

...to me, Singler was the difference. He hit a ton of big shots, and came up with 3 ordinary, but timely, blocks
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

jones

Tracy 3000

Didn't watch Butler a lot until the tournament and it seems last night they did what they did to beat Michigan State, it's just that Duke scored 61. Someone said if Duke scores over 60 they will win. Pretty spot on.

I think if they played 10x, ech team would win 5.

Here's to team basketball and all the seniors and juniors who play the game. Last night was old school at its best!  :)

I'm not looking forward to a 96 team field, but $$ will win out. Seems the BCS can't get its act together for a playoff and NCAA basketball is about to ruin a perfect formula by expanding the tourney. It's a shame.
Jim brings all his love, passion, energy and mystery to the stage and says, "I'm right here."

BH

I'm not looking forward to a 96 team field, but $$ will win out. Seems the BCS can't get its act together for a playoff and NCAA basketball is about to ruin a perfect formula by expanding the tourney. It's a shame.

amen
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

capt. scotty

Here's to team basketball and all the seniors and juniors who play the game. Last night was old school at its best!  :)

I was surprised yesterday to see that none of Butler's 4 best players are seniors. Veasley is the only starter theyll be losing. Im not saying they'll be in the NC game again next year, but hard to see this team going down early in the tourney with another year of experience and maturity, and maybe some good new freshmen.

I dont know the guy's exact position, but 1 of the big boys on some committee in that meeting last week was saying that wouldnt expanding the tourney to 96 force the kids to miss more school and how that was a big "reason" why football wasnt going to a playoff. I dont want to see 96 teams, and I wont be holding my breath, but expanding to 96 teams might be the first step to a football playoff. If thats the case, i'll take 96 teams.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

TEO

Brad Stevens signed up to stay at Butler through 2022.  :) This is going to be a fun ride...
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary