Forum Appreciation Thread

Started by Johnny_Yac, Apr 08, 2010, 11:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnYYac

I just want to thank those who keep this thing going and all the cool people who live here, visit, peep, or run away.  The forum is a great thing, and I've had a blast reading your funny shit and trying to add something useful from time to time.

What a great way to meet people, be honest, and have fun centered around a love of music.  Very cool.

I was telling my students today that I never would have imagined, when I was their age, having a mild disagreement with a guy from Denmark on my computer.

Thanks, too, for helping me expand my musical horizons.  I love music but had a very narrow collection.  I've bought and/or downloaded more music in the last two years than I had previously amassed in the preceeding twenty!

My Morning Jacket
Monsters of Folk
Conor Oberst
M. Ward
She & Him
The Dead Weather
Iron Wine
Band of Horses
Wilco
The Raconteurs
The Black Keys
Radiohead
Alberta Cross
Bon Iver
Bright Eyes
Vampire Weekend
Laura Viers
Cortney Tidwell
Death Cab For Cutie
Fleet Foxes
Great Lake Swimmers
oh, and, of course, Yim Yames

You get the picture.  Awesome forum, guys.  Thanks.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

TheBigChicken

the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

Soulshine

Because we're all in this together...

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

even more coming your way.  deal with it.

.Walt

You're so right. I've got into so many bands from people here or formerly here.

Thank you, everyone. Keep'em coming!
[smiley=beer.gif]
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

capt. scotty

I think Yac will be around for awhile!  8-)
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

TEO

Quotewax fang ;)

Got my first show Saturday night with Big D! Everybody has put this band way up there, they better pull through for TEO!... ;)
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

TheBigChicken

Quotewax fang ;)

Got my first show Saturday night with Big D! Everybody has put this band way up there, they better pull through for TEO!... ;)
my 1st show they came out in cheerleader outfits and I was like WTF :-/ :-/ !?!???  and they ROCKED....could not believe my ears...some MIGHTY FINE musicians there.....they could open or close for ANY band ANYWHERE... :-*
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

el_chode

Quotewax fang ;)

My absolute most favorite new band from the past 5 years.
I'm surrounded by assholes

ALady

I've met some really interesting people here, and I'm truly thankful for that.  Looking forward to putting some more names with faces on this tour!   :)
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

TEO

Through this forum I have met and made life long friends all the way from California to New York. They mean more to me than the people I have known for decades...
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

The DARK

Pretty much just one thing I can say: love this place!
In another time, in another place, in another face

megalicious

all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

johnnYYac

QuoteThrough this forum I have met and made life long friends all the way from California to New York. They mean more to me than the people I have known for decades...

Hey, TEO!  Flyguy said "PM TEO" regarding a Nashville GA ticket...

http://www.mymorningjacket.com/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1270820419

Just in case no one has, yet.

aMillionDreams

This place is so awesome!  I have met so many good people through this site, not to mention all the good music I would have never found if not for this site.  Teo is coming to visit today.  I met him at Jacketfest.  I pulled into the site and he was already there and had the first campsite already unpacked with a handmade My Morning Jacket banner for all to see.  I knew then that this guy was alright!  I went to Kory's going away party last night. I'm really going to miss him but I know he'll be in touch, if not personally, at least through the board.  I met him here and he's going to be a lifelong friend.  Lovedog and Goose are also lifelong friends I've met through this board.  I missed my chance to meet Walts because the man was busy bringing him down but safe to say he's my best friend that I've never actually met.  And I better stop there for fear of leaving someone out.  Safe to say I've met a lot of great people here and found a lot of great music.  Despite being banned a couple of times, I have no complaints.  Keep on rockin in the free world, peeps!
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

wtf dylan, you left me out.  if you hate me why don't you just fucking say it.  listen dude, I know you got that demo and everything but you don't have to be such an elitist posting all these "my favs" lists.  

on a serious note, you've been banned more than once?  I like your style.  I felt like a bad ass getting IP banned once but multiple times, shit son.  Were these "Tracy" incidents when you got banned?

sometimes I wish I could compete with you ancient fans but it's impossible, you've seen it all.  

ps fuck you for not putting me on your list even though we've never met and if we did I'd' fuck you up anyways.  my muscles are huge dude, I swear.  My abs are sweeter than the Situations and 12-pack from I love New York - combined.  

aMillionDreams

I love you, too, bluntmaster!  I'm not really supposed to talk about my bannings.  Amazingly enough, though, neither had anything to do with Tracy.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

QuoteI love you, too, bluntmaster!  I'm not really supposed to talk about my bannings.  Amazingly enough, though, neither had anything to do with Tracy.

the admins are cock blocking ban stories?  uncool.  

Is there any history behind the word "Carrot" as a replacement for the F word?  Was this a revision that happened after somebody said the F word too many times?  

capt. scotty

QuoteI love you, too, bluntmaster!  I'm not really supposed to talk about my bannings.  Amazingly enough, though, neither had anything to do with Tracy.

the admins are cock blocking ban stories?  uncool.  

Is there any history behind the word "Carrot" as a replacement for the F word?  Was this a revision that happened after somebody said the F word too many times?  

I think dike is replaced with radish

EDIT: Yep...d-i-k-e is for some reason translated to radish
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

johnnYYac

So, I know of two people who experienced being "banned" on this forum, though Dylan's example suggests some are temporary and others permanent.  Would it not be helpful to have an idea what activities or postings would warrant being banned?  I don't see any "rules" or prohibitions described anywhere, nor do I recall clicking on some agreement button for Terms and Conditions.  Anybody know if...........

BANNED