For those interested in random political stuff...

Started by PhriendlyMMJPhan, Apr 20, 2010, 11:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

As some of you may know I am from the mighty fine state of Michigan and work 10minutes outside of detroit.  Our once Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick got convicted guilty today:

http://wdet.org/article/kilpatrick-found-guilty-of-violating-probation

this dude is pure thug.  no scratch that, he's pure ganster.  skanless mother fucker that's for sure.  anyways, I thought it was cool the judge took him down.  

There has been tons of controversy around my local area because of all his ties with so many other people who have been busted for fraud and all sorts of stuff.  You name it, from text messages to millions of dollars.  I'm not even sure of the exact details anymore because he's been in and out of court and moved to texas or something.

Is this national news?  You hear about some random house member or senate member boning some random chick and it's all over the news but good ol' Kwami is straight up Mob style corruption and I haven't really seen much mention of him at all.  very under the radar.  His lawyers made a mockery of our justice system during the trials too.  

Thug Life'd?

Penny Lane

QuoteAs some of you may know I am from the mighty fine state of Michigan and work 10minutes outside of detroit.  Our once Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick got convicted guilty today:

this dude is pure thug.  no scratch that, he's pure ganster.  skanless mother fucker that's for sure.  anyways, I thought it was cool the judge took him down.  

There has been tons of controversy around my local area because of all his ties with so many other people who have been busted for fraud and all sorts of stuff.  You name it, from text messages to millions of dollars.  I'm not even sure of the exact details anymore because he's been in and out of court and moved to texas or something.

Is this national news?  You hear about some random house member or senate member boning some random chick and it's all over the news but good ol' Kwami is straight up Mob style corruption and I haven't really seen much mention of him at all.  very under the radar.  His lawyers made a mockery of our justice system during the trials too.  

Thug Life'd?

hey sticky--they did a big thing on Detroit on 60 min sun night....what a shady mfer...similar story here in newark way back. sad what's happening to all the industrial cities...the more poverty and unemployment, the more corruption..

still though..ann arbor is a whore.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

ann arbor is a rich person's paradise.  The one plus they have going for them is if you get caught smoking weed it's a 25dollar fine, nothing more.

some of this corruption is getting insane.  supposedly kwame's lawyer was stalling during the last trial because there was another trial across town related and they didn't want the news people covering it so the lawyer stalled and stalled until that other trial was out of session since it would keep all eyes on KK.  Even after getting warned by the judge time and time again to get to the point the lawyer kept dragging the trial on until Kwame got a text message from across town letting them know that it was over and only then did his lawyer then proceed without the bullshit.  Twisted stuff went down during the Kilpatrick rein.  

I don't like his last name either, it's almost anti-my morning jacket.

el_chode

QuoteAs some of you may know I am from the mighty fine state of Michigan and work 10minutes outside of detroit.  Our once Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick got convicted guilty today:

Thug Life'd?

hey sticky--they did a big thing on Detroit on 60 min sun night....what a shady mfer...similar story here in newark way back. sad what's happening to all the industrial cities...the more poverty and unemployment, the more corruption..

Booker is the man though. Sharpe James STILL has his supporters, and I don't know why.

But yeah Sticky, NJ is like all the failed policies of California with all the Corruption of Detroit, just with a lot less pizzazz
I'm surrounded by assholes

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

It's always interesting to me hearing from other people about what's going on with their local gov't and what not.  The news is so broad anymore.  NPR has it's moments, BBC, but not a lot of stuff out there filling you in with interesting stuff about the inner workings of other states.

you'd think if people were exposed to more innovative ideas instead of just hearing people bitch about rhetoric they'd eventually become more reasonable and rational because they are then now unbiasedly educated.

but to me that is the ultimate flaw of our country.  Education.  A lack of education = poverty.  period.  There are other scenerio's obviously but overall I think if I were to put money into anything it'd be schools.  around here they are closing them now that this Mayor Bing dude is running shit.  I think he was a CEO with the Detroit Pistons or some company.  Who knows, nothing can be done around here really because we're so fucking broke and since all the car plants cut so many jobs it's not so hot for everybody.  cars were what michigan was about now we're f to the mother fuckin fucked.  

It just sucks knowing Kwame and his friends, wife, mistresses, strippers, father and family are so skanless and want to drain us of our money to get new spinners on their escalades(sp?).  

TheBigChicken

Damn Sticky you guys need Batman or SOMEBODY....yeah I heard a little bit of shit about that turd. Down here in FLA we got a couple crazy public figure heads. Seems like alot of teachers messing around with kids down here. People are going broke down here and the Job Force people are having catered lunches....oh but the president got to resign.
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

Penny Lane

Thug Life'd?

Booker is the man though. Sharpe James STILL has his supporters, and I don't know why.

But yeah Sticky, NJ is like all the failed policies of California with all the Corruption of Detroit, just with a lot less pizzazz

yeah i like Booker, speaking of James--sick
http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2010/04/sharpe_james_is_released_from.html
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

QuoteDamn Sticky you guys need Batman or SOMEBODY....yeah I heard a little bit of shit about that turd. Down here in FLA we got a couple crazy public figure heads. Seems like alot of teachers messing around with kids down here. People are going broke down here and the Job Force people are having catered lunches....oh but the president got to resign.

To be honest with you Detroit isn't really as bad as it's made out to be people wise.  There are definitely some neighborhoods down by the east river that I would never go into, and a few places where I would be VERY hesitant about walking alone at night but for the most part if you have a friend or two with you there isn't much to worry about.  

The main problem is our capital is in Lansing which is a few hours away from D-town so the people who are trying to fix detroit aren't even from the area.  Thus, they don't know what Detroit needs.   I promise you if things were more centralized around Detroit itself it would be a better city, unfortunately everyone only goes down there for either work or entertainment.  I'd say a good percentage of the cops working the detroit streets are from the suburbs which simply isn't the same.  

with Windsor literally right there there is a high volume of drug trafficing/dealing right on the river.  People use the city buses a lot for that also.  Cops were busting people left and right for awhile on the city buses for trafficing.  It doesn't help that the city looks like it was hit with a nuclear bomb.  

Florida would be a bitter/sweet state to live in.  I just read an article about the 100+ sex offenders down there under that bridge, fucking crazy stuff happening everywhere these days.  

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

what's the deal with your home boi booker in NJ?  I'm not exactly the most informed person in the world about politics, I've never heard of that sharpe james dude.  he sounds kinda like a playboy, I guess since he's old as fuck he's probably closer to an OG by now.