Job interview on Wednesday, wish me luck!

Started by CousinEddie, Apr 26, 2010, 01:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BH

QuoteWell, I did indeed nail it. Got the job, but will be drug tested today. :-/

Really thought I would have more time to "prepare".

Wish me luck again, fellow Jacketeers.

Congrats!
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

CousinEddie

Just did a home test, which resulted in a weak negative, but a negative nonetheless. Going to get a cleanser here in a bit, which should eliminate what little THC I have in there. Its still absolutely impossible to not freak out about it though.

God, why didn't I just quit puffing during my unemployment?

AMightyCaporal

QuoteJust did a home test, which resulted in a weak negative, but a negative nonetheless. Going to get a cleanser here in a bit, which should eliminate what little THC I have in there. Its still absolutely impossible to not freak out about it though.

God, why didn't I just quit puffing during my unemployment?

because it tastes and feels oh so good!
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

CousinEddie

Passed the piss test, don't know how. I'm pretty sure I saw a few stems and seeds floating around in the cup. But I passed, I got the job, the universe likes me.

ALady

if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

MarkW

QuotePassed the piss test, don't know how. I'm pretty sure I saw a few stems and seeds floating around in the cup. But I passed, I got the job, the universe likes me.

Great news.  Is it normal for you guys to get tested before (or even during) employment?  
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

CousinEddie

Yeah, apparently this company likes the random screenings. So, I'm on indefinite hiatus. I predict the first few days being a little weird, but honestly its become a love/hate thing for me. I could use a break.

Thanks again for all the good vibes. Its amazing that the well-wishings of a bunch of internet strangers means so much, but it really does. You guys are the shit, don't ever let nobody tell you different.

MarkW

Good luck with the job - let us know how you get on.

I'm not sure I could work for a company that thought it was OK to test me for any sort of behaviour.  It's not like I get up to much, but it's really none of their business what I do at the weekends.

Plus, I think it's fair to say that none of the people I know who work in trading/dealing in the City would ever pass such a test.  Although, that might explain why the economy's in such a mess!
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

mjkoehler

Mark- Yes, many companies do tests prior to employment. Many also do random check ups periodically.