ATTN: The DARK

Started by bbill, Nov 18, 2009, 05:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pawpaw

Well, it's that time...the Forum is here to help you decide where you're going to go to college. If you have any ideas, we'd be glad to consider them. ;D

Really though, where are you applying to? Good luck with your applications...keep us posted on how things go!
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

mjkoehler

Good call Bill!

Yes, young man. Where are you looking at? The Cinci area to stay at home, east coast, west coast, WTF is college?  :P

ALady

There's a time and place for everything...and that's college.
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

TEO

I heard from a little bird that he is considering UNC or Furman...
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

BH

Don't be afraid to check out ole Mizzou Dark.   It is the countries number one journalism school and I for one know that you can write a damn good forum post.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

capt. scotty

Great thread  ;D

If UNC is true and you could get in there actually, thatd be pretty sweet I think
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

AMightyCaporal

Rock n' Roll University

This man is head dean- you may know him

Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

TEO

That's got to be one of my favorite shots of JJ ever!

BH

Ha, that reminds me of the thread that we had where we voted on our favorite JJ-shirt of the 3 or 4 that he wore every single day. ;D  How can I find that thread!
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

aMillionDreams

I remember that thread. Brian started it. Hmm... let me look.

EDIT: couldn't find it.  Brian, you know where that thing went to?
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

pawpaw

QuoteIf UNC is true and you could get in there actually, thatd be pretty sweet I think

Dude, don't doubt the Dark, he's HELLA smart. Or, hella smarter than me anyway, which means he could definitely get into Chico State, and probably get into UNC too!

GO WILDCATS!!!  8-)  ;D

TEO

One would assume that is Sierra Nevada in those mugs! Hopefully Torpedo...

Buckles

QuoteI remember that thread. Brian started it. Hmm... let me look.

EDIT: couldn't find it.  Brian, you know where that thing went to?

http://www.mymorningjacket.com/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1154123436/0

:)

pawpaw

QuoteOne would assume that is Sierra Nevada in those mugs! Hopefully Torpedo...

It was many things, but yes, our mugs definitely had Sierra in them, though (sadly) Torpedo wasn't around in my day.

I love Chico, and I love Sierra Nevada Brewing.

But, getting back to the point of this thread...where's Dark??? Studying for his SATs? Midterms? Filling out college applications? Girlfriend???

Don't worry Dark, our wisdom will be here for you when you need it. So wise, so very wise are we.  ;D

mjkoehler

The DARK

But, getting back to the point of this thread...where's Dark??? Studying for his SATs? Midterms? Filling out college applications? Girlfriend???

Pretty much the third one.  ;)

Thanks for the thread everyone (looks like it nearly got to two pages before I even showed up). TEO's right on the money, though I'm looking at a ton of different places (my most recent list was 10, but I trimmed a few off). Washington U in St Louis, College of Charleston, Miami (OH), Davidson, and Tulane are all on there. UNC app is already in, and I'm trying to get the common app in by the end of the month, so rattle off those suggestions!
In another time, in another place, in another face

aMillionDreams

My dad went to Miami (OH) and I grew up not far from there. beautiful campus.  The architecture is beautiful and so are the women.  It is annually voted on of the best looking student bodies in the country and the men/women ratio is skewed in your favor. Oh, and they have one of the best journalism school in the country too.

My advice, from someone who will be paying off college loans until the day he dies, is to consider how much you will have to take out in loans in order to pay tuition and make ends meet.  Being up to your eyeballs in debt may be the American way but it's probably not the best way to prepare for your future.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

mjkoehler

QuoteWashington U in St Louis
Excellent choice. Great location in the city

AMightyCaporal

I visited Northeastern U in Boston with my fiancee and her younger sister (who is looking at schools)  It was a beautiful campus and had a great  program where they send you out into a job for a year, you get credits, get paid, but don't have to pay tuition.  Best of all, you get real experience in your desired field before you actually graduate.  So if you hate it, you can switch majors!  :)
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

capt. scotty

Not sure if you were referring to Davidson as one you decided not to apply to or is still on the list, but I really liked that campus when I visited and Charlotte is a great city. Whenever I was considering going there, I think the entire school was only like 1600-1700 students and it seemed like a great small school.

I 2nd what AMD said as far as tuition/loans. It really wasnt something I was thinking about all that much when applying, since well, I wouldnt have to worry about paying them off for at least 5 years, but unless youre going to be a doctor or something, I'd put it as a high priority. I was strongly considering going to Boston University or Cornell, but I ended up going with Penn State because as someone in state, tuition there was like 40% as much as those other schools.

I love PSU for a lot of reasons, but saving that much money by going there ranks WAY up that list
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons