ATTN: The DARK

Started by bbill, Nov 18, 2009, 05:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pawpaw

Judging by the comments of others, I'm assuming you want to study Journalism...or are they just figuring things out for you?  ;D

It sounds like you want to stay in the Eastern half of the US, so I'll leave the suggestions to the folks more familiar with the area and schools. Keep this thread goin' with any updates! Best of luck to you!
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

The DARK

My advice, from someone who will be paying off college loans until the day he dies, is to consider how much you will have to take out in loans in order to pay tuition and make ends meet.  Being up to your eyeballs in debt may be the American way but it's probably not the best way to prepare for your future.

Definitely keeping my eye on that. A lot of the schools I'm looking at are on the pricey side, but at the same time I want to head somewhere out of state. Scholarships are going to be a big part of my decision.
In another time, in another place, in another face

pawpaw

You're probably on Spring Break right now in Cancun, but we need an update DARK!

:)

Penny Lane

he wants to go here, right D?

but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

dcdub

QuoteNot sure if you were referring to Davidson as one you decided not to apply to or is still on the list, but I really liked that campus when I visited and Charlotte is a great city. Whenever I was considering going there, I think the entire school was only like 1600-1700 students and it seemed like a great small school.
Davidson is a nice little school. They actually have some pretty good shows in the auditorium from time to time as well. I haven't been there in about 5 or 6 years, but it is nice from what I recall. Charlotte isn't the most artsy city around, but its still a great place to live. We have a few decent music venues and there are some cool areas not to far from downtown like NoDa and Plaza-Midwood. If you're ever in Charlotte be sure to stop by The Penguin to grab a few beers and some fried pickles. I would go there if I were you Dark before I made my final decision. ;)
Shooting in the dark as to what's best

pawpaw

Oh DAaaark, I see you out there...what's up man? Any news you'd like to share?

The DARK

In another time, in another place, in another face

capt. scotty

QuoteYep! Furman bound!

Sweet, youre going to FU !!!!
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

pawpaw

:) Awesome! Other than having heard the name before, I really wasn't too familiar with Furman (being a lifelong CA boy), but I just did a little web-investigation and it looks like a great school! Congrats!

What sold you on Furman?

Damn, Dark, you're going to be a Freshman in college next Fall. I can't think of any other time that I'd be more excited to go back to. Enjoy!