Just Ask Sticky

Started by talleshortz, Apr 30, 2010, 02:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

capt. scotty

Pontiac is on the map now, here we call it Yactown!
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

QuotePontiac is on the map now, here we call it Yactown!

we just call it "The Yac".  haha

"Where do you have to go to get that herb?"

"Some place way out in the fucking yac..."

"be safe dude".

johnnYYac

someone call my name?

:-?
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

peafunk31

Dear Sticky,

I love the ocean but I'm completely terrified of sharks. When I do manage to force myself into the water, I initially enjoy it but then a sense of overwhelming paranoia sets in. I guess I'm just not a fan of being eaten. I enjoy my position on top of the food chain & don't want to put that at risk. Anything I can do to overcome this fear?
Homer no function beer well without.

jones

QuoteDear Sticky,

I love the ocean but I'm completely terrified of sharks. When I do manage to force myself into the water, I initially enjoy it but then a sense of overwhelming paranoia sets in. I guess I'm just not a fan of being eaten. I enjoy my position on top of the food chain & don't want to put that at risk. Anything I can do to overcome this fear?

peafunk31

I like the diving suit idea but i'm not sure how practical it would be. Don't get me wrong, that is definitely full body protection. But it would probably impede my ability to surf / bodyboard. Plus it's scary in a Bioshock kinda way. It would also probably frighten away dolphins, whom I hope to one day befriend (since appaarently they have the most fun of all animals).

I do appreciate the effort, flyguy! I guess I'll wait on Stcky's sage like advice to figure this conundrum out :)

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

QuoteDear Sticky,

first you need to be aware of your habitat.  If there are seals on the beach you probably shouldn't go swimming, there may be Great Whites just below the surface.  

Otherwise you must become one with the water.  avoiding splashes.  wade out into the water gently, take a spear gun if need be.  There's not much you can do when it comes down to it, Sharks love to bite people who boogie board.

peafunk31

So.....basically I'm F'd :-[

Oh well, maybe I could pay a dolphin to be my personal aquatic bodyguard. Worth a shot I guess.

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

QuoteSo.....basically I'm F'd :-[

Oh well, maybe I could pay a dolphin to be my personal aquatic bodyguard. Worth a shot I guess.

not you're not f'd at all.  you just have to watch out for bull sharks because they burying themselves in the sand and attack the fuck out of you if you walk by them.  Did you know they can survive in fresh water?  Lake Sharks is what I'm talking about.  Shit will fuck you up.

when I fight sharks I usually punch them in their face right on their nose.  it stuns them and gives me time to ride their fin to ride around on.  See once you make the bond with the shark fin, that shark is yours forever.  He will only let you ride him.  

Penny Lane

when I fight sharks I usually punch them in their face right on their nose.  it stuns them and gives me time to ride their fin to ride around on.  See once you make the bond with the shark fin, that shark is yours forever.  He will only let you ride him.  

that should go in the Sticky archives.  ;D

StickyRice has some big shoes to fill...

but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

jones

peafunk31

QuoteDid you know they can survive in fresh water?  Lake Sharks is what I'm talking about.  Shit will fuck you up.

YES!!!! This is exactly what put the fear into me. I foolishly read Twelve Days of Terror when I was roughly 18. These are the true events which inspired Jaws. I used to surf in Long Beach Island, NJ. Most of the attacks took place on or around LBI :o

Quotewhen I fight sharks I usually punch them in their face right on their nose.  it stuns them and gives me time to ride their fin to ride around on.  See once you make the bond with the shark fin, that shark is yours forever.  He will only let you ride him.

Huh, shark wrangling! Never thought of that. The thought of having my very own shark-submarine sounds pretty awesome 8-)

P.S. well done flyguy! That's fucking epic!!

capt. scotty

Youve watched Deep Blue Sea and Avatar blazed way too many times
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

johnnYYac

QuoteSo.....basically I'm F'd :-[

not you're not f'd at all.  you just have to watch out for bull sharks because they burying themselves in the sand and attack the fuck out of you if you walk by them.  Did you know they can survive in fresh water?  Lake Sharks is what I'm talking about.  Shit will fuck you up.

johnnYYac

From a calendar/birthday request:

Is it "Jesus' Birthday" or "Jesus's Birthday"?

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

Ayrum hurt. Ayfo were eaten i[ch768]lä shark.  Utral ti[ch768]rey contains souls fra shark.  tickle txi[ch768]m.