Just Ask Sticky

Started by talleshortz, Apr 30, 2010, 02:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ALady

Is it foolish to trust?  Or is trusting its own reward?
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

QuoteYou guys should check out Brevard, NC. They're known for having a lot of white squirrels. I saw one once in Cashiers on my honeymoon, it was pretty weird. Squirrels are just rats with fuzzy tails that live in trees. Rats come in all sorts of colors, makes sense that squirrels would as well.

As for my question for Sticky: Why the hell do socks come in resealable bags? You can't even get potato chips in a resealable bag, why socks? Are they going to go stale after you open them?

the zip lock bag is to make sure mositure stays out.  there have been many time scuba diving where I knew I'd need a fresh pair of socks once I reached the bottom.  without that ziplock, I would have never been able to experience a fresh pair of socks at the bottom of the ocean.   plus unlike chips and what not they don't have to get regularly thrown out after an expiration date.

true story, we use to dumpster dive at the frito lay factory by our houses in high school the night before garbage day.  They had a dumpster solely devoted to "expired" chips, doritos, etc.  basically anything frito lay made they through out in perfectly sealed, still fresh chips.  we had several huge scores of chips, we filled probably 4 garbage backs the one time, an entire cars interior,etc.  "you ate food out of a dumpster". the answer, fuck yes.  some of the shit was still in huge boxes with expiration dates two weeks to a month a way.  

my suggestion if fresh chips are giving you such a problem, dumpster dive at frito lay late at night.  you'll score more chips than your heart dare ever desire.

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

QuoteIs it foolish to trust?  Or is trusting its own reward?

It all depends whom you put your trust into.  giving trust makes you vulernable.  the real question is who do feel comfortable enough with to be vulnerable and not give a fuck?  that person you can probably trust.  homeless dudes asking for bus fair in d-town, no so trustworthy.

mjkoehler

QuoteYou guys should check out Brevard, NC. They're known for having a lot of white squirrels. I saw one once in Cashiers on my honeymoon, it was pretty weird. Squirrels are just rats with fuzzy tails that live in trees. Rats come in all sorts of colors, makes sense that squirrels would as well.
Don't forget thumbs. NEVER trust an animal with thumbs. This all sounds like a bad joke. A white squirrel, red squirrel, and a black squirrel walked into a bar....

capt. scotty

true story, we use to dumpster dive at the frito lay factory by our houses in high school the night before garbage day.  They had a dumpster solely devoted to "expired" chips, doritos, etc.  basically anything frito lay made they through out in perfectly sealed, still fresh chips.  we had several huge scores of chips, we filled probably 4 garbage backs the one time, an entire cars interior,etc.  "you ate food out of a dumpster". the answer, fuck yes.  some of the shit was still in huge boxes with expiration dates two weeks to a month a way.  

if this is true, thats hilarious
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

if this is true, thats hilarious

I speak no lies headdy, it was a supremely amazing garbage experience.  eventually frito lay started locking the door because other people heard about it and started raiding the delivery trucks.  ruined it for the rest of us.  we had enough chips to swim in.  we calculated we probably scored 500dollars-700dollars worth of frito lay products during our biggest score.  I had some friends who used to hop the fence at the ol' pepsi plant around here too.  they would score hundreds of dollars worth of empty pepsi product bottles that pepsi would leave out to get recycled or god knows what.  they made 400 or 500bucks the couple times they did it.  The Pepsi plant was far more risky than frito lay so I never went.  

dcdub

Pretty good ideas... I don't know about Frito Lay, but I think we have a Lance and Coke factory here in Charlotte. I should try that sometime. Get my Lance in my pants on.
You are wise, Sticky, like Yoda...
Not sure I'm with you on the sock thing though. I never wear anything without washing it first, so I'm not gonna hang on to the cheap little resealable bag while my socks are getting washed. I have a whole drawer full of ziploc bags, I guess I could put my chips in them too
Shooting in the dark as to what's best

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

QuotePretty good ideas... I don't know about Frito Lay, but I think we have a Lance and Coke factory here in Charlotte. I should try that sometime. Get my Lance in my pants on.
Not sure I'm with you on the sock thing though. I never wear anything without washing it first, so I'm not gonna hang on to the cheap little resealable bag while my socks are getting washed. I have a whole drawer full of ziploc bags, I guess I could put my chips in them too

you wash socks fresh out the pack?  maybe I'm just gross but never washed them pre-wear. I always thought the best part about new socks was the first time you wear them out of the pack.

putting chips in a sock bag would be gross and that's coming from a dude who used to eat dumpster chips.

TEO

If I get a Hop Cone Scepter will it give me special powers?
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

Jon T.

QuotePretty good ideas... I don't know about Frito Lay, but I think we have a Lance and Coke factory here in Charlotte. I should try that sometime. Get my Lance in my pants on.

you wash socks fresh out the pack?  maybe I'm just gross but never washed them pre-wear. I always thought the best part about new socks was the first time you wear them out of the pack.

You are not wrong in your thinking Sticky.  There are few things that feel better than a brand new pair of new, fluffy, non-washed socks.  They gotta be athletic socks, though.  None of this dresss socks shit.

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

QuoteIf I get a Hop Cone Scepter will it give me special powers?

wtf is a hop cone scepter? are you some kind of sorceress?

jones

I prewash everything that I wear (except shoes, hats, and gloves).

jones

No, he is a Hop Czar.

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

ahhh now I see.
No, he is a Hop Czar.

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

QuoteI prewash everything that I wear (except shoes, hats, and gloves).

everybody knows hats contain lice.

jones

I'm not even wearing a hat and my head just started itching.

dcdub

I don't wear hats because I'm afraid it will make me go bald. You gotta wash everything though, you don't know where that crap is coming from! Doesn't it freak you out to think your socks might have a parasite from Indonesia crawling around there? I can't stand new clothes smell either, not that it applies to socks. Everything fresh out of the store smells funny and is stiff and scratchy. You have to prewash, especially underwear
Shooting in the dark as to what's best

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

QuoteI don't wear hats because I'm afraid it will make me go bald. You gotta wash everything though, you don't know where that crap is coming from! Doesn't it freak you out to think your socks might have a parasite from Indonesia crawling around there? I can't stand new clothes smell either, not that it applies to socks. Everything fresh out of the store smells funny and is stiff and scratchy. You have to prewash, especially underwear

Indonesian underwear bugs? fuck.  Another thing to add to my list of fears.  Has there been any documented cases of serious injury from an Indonesian underwear bug?  dust mites can suck it, if I could see them I'd totally squash them.

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

I'm not even wearing a hat and my head just started itching.

it's because they burrow inside your brain after you put the hat on.   then they breed.

I read something awhile ago on sciencedaily.com about 50percent of cat owners have a parasite in their brain from the cat.  fucked up shit.

capt. scotty

QuoteI don't wear hats because I'm afraid it will make me go bald. You gotta wash everything though, you don't know where that crap is coming from! Doesn't it freak you out to think your socks might have a parasite from Indonesia crawling around there? I can't stand new clothes smell either, not that it applies to socks. Everything fresh out of the store smells funny and is stiff and scratchy. You have to prewash, especially underwear

Indonesian underwear bugs? fuck.  Another thing to add to my list of fears.  Has there been any documented cases of serious injury from an Indonesian underwear bug?

you probably already have crabs so I wouldnt worry about it
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons