Main Menu

Inception

Started by capt._headdy, Jul 17, 2010, 01:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

capt. scotty

Quotewhoa, visually and mentally spectacular.  

you finally see it?!
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

el_chode

I'm surrounded by assholes

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

Quotewhoa, visually and mentally spectacular.  

you finally see it?!

yeah but I need more time to digest it.  definitely need to see it again.  I was surprised at how much more bad ass the parts from the trailer were.  Specifically when they were falling off the bridge while dreaming.  That no gravity scene was one of the coolest things I've seen in a movie in a long long time.  What a mind blowingly great concept.  

I want to bang ellen paige(sp?) big time.

The entire "In Limbo" concept was fucking wicked.  Definitely need to watch it again...

I honestly do not think I can give a good explanation of what have I seen just yet.  

capt. scotty

Nice...I jizzed in my pants 7 times too
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

QuoteNice...I jizzed in my pants 7 times too

My dream security would be velociraptors.

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

okay here is my conclusion, tho plenty of people won't agree.  I'm going to post this shit in white? here it goes:

I think Cobb was trapped in Arthur's Dream and In Limbo the entire time.   There are subtle hints, such as when Mal says "This looks like Arthur's style"  or something to that effect.  

The top, Cobbs totem was questionable in every way shape and form.  1.) It initially belonged to Mal.  It is suppose to be something nobody else in the world has ever touched, or held.  The weight of it seemed very import.  The "feel" of it.  But it was Mal's.  So if Mal was by chance still alive like she proclaimed the entire movie perhaps the totem was what was keeping Cobb IN limbo.  Since he relied on it other than his gut a lot of the time.

2.) Saito Also held it, and spun it right?  and he said he had seen it before long ago during Limbo dinner.  So that's two people besides Cobb.  Which would seem to make it useless.  

I suppose it's either the really easy answer that when he met his kids it was all a dream, or the open ended super dream within a dream theory?  I should read more about this before go on stoner rants like this.

TEO

BEST POST EVER!  ;D
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

johnnYYac

Quoteokay here is my conclusion, tho plenty of people won't agree.  I'm going to post this shit in white? here it goes:

I gotta see this movie so I can read Sticky's secret posts.  Did you use lemon juice to do this?  ;)
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

muahahahaha.

THEY'RE IN MY DREAMS MAN!

capt. scotty

Quoteokay here is my conclusion, tho plenty of people won't agree.  I'm going to post this shit in white? here it goes:

I dont think he couldve been in limbo the whole time because too many of the other dream levels have very specific architecture. Plus, we are shown Cobb's limbo numerous times, and it is the same each time (although crumbling the last time as no one was there to maintain it).

I havent read anyone thinking he was in Arthur's dream the whole time (Arthur wasnt an architect so not sure what looking like Arthur's style meant, I dont remember that - or wait, that was in Saito's dream at the beginning, right?), but some people think he was in Mal's dream teh whole time, and that she was right all along that they were in a dream, and was still alive in reality. I still dont agree with that, but I think it is possible, at least until I watch in again and find something that disproves it. I just dont think thats the case because if she was trying to get Cobb out of his dreams/limbo, then why have him end up with his kids where he wanted to be all along, and where he would never want to/attempt to leave?

The top thing bothers me as well. They say no one should touch anyone else's totem, yet his totem used to be Mal's. Ive read where people actually think Cobb's totem is his kids, and when he cant see their faces its a dream, when he can it is reality. I dont think Saito ever touched or spun his top, if he did, it was near the end in Saito's limbo.

Did you read thru that other thread I gave you?

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

for sure:

I'm just kinda getting out there with theories for the fun of it.  I haven't gotten to that thread yet, I read one article with hypotheticals tho, can not remember for the life of me where the link is.  But that's all I know, the same as everyone else.  Either it's a simple ending and he did his little inception thing and ended up happily ever after or there is that super deep layering secret meaning crap going on.

It's fun to think of the possibilities of if he really was in the Limbo the whole time.  Would this be a possibility:

So they're in the first sequence of dreams with Saito, Saito wakes up before Leo does right?  and then they dunk him AFTER Saito wakes up.  I'm wondering if he ended up back in limbo at that point in the movie.  he comes up out of the tub all weird looking.  Was it Saito's dream Arthur and Cobb were in inside of that first architects dream?  Or does that mean they were in Cobbs dream?

When the people stormed the apartment building where the carpet wasn't designed right they ripped that architect apart.  but whose projections were those? Cobbs or Saitos?  Arthur always wakes up first and taught Ellen Page to build the mazes, taught her all the tricks.  I still think each member is a part of Cobbs subconscious or something, since he's so deep within in subconscious not only can he create buildings and stuff he can create actual people to perhaps?

Saito definitely spins the top at the end for sure.  I've watched the cam version of this bitch twice now.  It takes away from the movie watching the shitty cam version but I had to see it again.

fucking bad ass movie.

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

Have you guys heard about the alternate ending? :
It cuts to black right after the top starts to wobble and then it cuts to a slow pan up of a straight jacket.  then we notice it's leo and he's drooling.  it pans up further and we see he is lobotomized.  ::cut to black:: "Shutter Island 2" ::end credits::

capt. scotty

QuoteHave you guys heard about the alternate ending? :
It cuts to black right after the top starts to wobble and then it cuts to a slow pan up of a straight jacket.  then we notice it's leo and he's drooling.  it pans up further and we see he is lobotomized.  ::cut to black:: "Shutter Island 2" ::end credits::

Wat? I dont believe you.

I think the only 2010 movies Ive seen are Inception, Toy Story 3, Shutter Island, and Predators, but so far this and Shutter Island are #1 and #2, respectively. Good year for Dicaprio

capt. scotty

TEO

I kept on seeing Leo.
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

Ruckus

Finally saw it.  Sheesh Headdy!  I expected much more after your hype job of this film.  Kidding aside, I liked it a lot.  If you're a fan of scifi, it's storyline wasn't anything all that new and it wasn't too difficult to follow.  The snow dudes in Level 3 suck at shooting...like really suck...like Ruckus playing 1st person shooters suckage.  The special effects were damn solid but I actually was more impressed by the impact scenes such as the dude smashing into the windshield.  You really felt those.  The zero gravity stuff was OK I guess.

In the end, all credit goes to Nolan.  That was one hell of an ambitious undertaking.  I agree with all of you that it was incredible that he was able to put all that into 2.5 hours.  It was meticulous, exacting, thorough and as a result, successful.  They could have edited some of the level 3 shit though I know they had to make it longer.  I guess they proportioned the time of each level exactingly as in real time huh?  I just don't understand why the dudes in the van didn't wake up 1/3 of the way through the fall
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

capt. scotty

Quote I just don't understand why the dudes in the van didn't wake up 1/3 of the way through the fall

I believe this was because they were multiple levels beyond the van, and you can only get kicked back one level at a time. Thats why they synchronize all the kicks so they do wake up before drowning; and its why Cobb and Saito do drown and go to limbo because they never kicked back to the hotel and then the van.

So was he in reality or a dream at the end IYO?

e_wind

I saw this movie a few weeks ago. Leo is an amazing actor. This movie is honestly probably in my top 5 or 10 favorite movies of all time.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

capt. scotty

I actually had a dream about Inception a couple nights ago where I was trying to figure out when Cobb was in a dream and if he was at the end and what all made sense and stuff...It was awesome

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

QuoteI actually had a dream about Inception a couple nights ago where I was trying to figure out when Cobb was in a dream and if he was at the end and what all made sense and stuff...It was awesome

I hate to break this to you but you're still in the theater seeing Inception for the first time.  This has all been a dream.  You've been in limbo for a long time. <3===D~~~