Its Always Sunny In Philadelphia Is BACKKK!!!

Started by capt._headdy, Sep 18, 2008, 09:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xmascriminal

I just tried this show out a couple weeks ago after everybody telling me how great it is and now I'm addicted. Brilliant.

Jbones72

QuoteI just tried this show out a couple weeks ago after everybody telling me how great it is and now I'm addicted. Brilliant.

Welcome to the club!!!   Great episode again last night! "Uncle Jack" was back & D&B Steaks!!!!

bold99

how funny was Charlie trying to claim the bar was "going Green" last episode...Mac is like that is the complete opposite of going green charlie.

I also loved the Dave and Buster's tie in...

Dennis:  Frank, you will never find a better steak in a arcade setting" lol.
Last Fair Deal Gone Down...

xmascriminal

"Okay, then pretend this shoe is whatever you people eat. Maybe it is a shoe."

el_chode

QuoteI just tried this show out a couple weeks ago after everybody telling me how great it is and now I'm addicted. Brilliant.

Same here! The "Solves the Gas Crisis" episode was great
I'm surrounded by assholes

xmascriminal

My favorites right now are "The Gang Goes Jihad" ("We will crush you with our weapons!"), "Dennis and Dee Get a New Father" (actually mostly for Mac and Charlie's storyline), "The Gang Gets Invincible" (Frank on acid is classic), "Dennis and Dee's Mom is Dead" (Ernesto is the man), "Sweet Dee's Dating a Retarted Person" (for the Nightman song, which is probably the single funniest thing they've ever done), "Dennis Reynolds: An Erotic Life" (for the scenes of Dennis in the hospital with Sinbad and Rob Thomas) and "The Nightman Cometh" ("You gotta pay the troll toll if you wanna get into that boy's hole"). It's just really creative, perfectly executed stuff. Nobody has better comedic timing than these guys. It's absurd how well they work together.

capt. scotty

Quotethe road trip episode was one of the best ever.  My friends and I have been quoting it all week.  Bozo!

Mac: I'm covered in piss!

Dee: (drunk) Well, maybe you shouldn't have had your window down.

Mac: Maybe you shouldn't be throwing jars of pee out the window.

Dee: Maybe I should, maybe I shouldn't--it's up for debate.
'

oh god. i miss it so much.

why havent you been watching?
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

capt. scotty

My favorites right now are "The Gang Goes Jihad" ("We will crush you with our weapons!"), "Dennis and Dee Get a New Father" (actually mostly for Mac and Charlie's storyline), "The Gang Gets Invincible" (Frank on acid is classic), "Dennis and Dee's Mom is Dead" (Ernesto is the man), "Sweet Dee's Dating a Retarted Person" (for the Nightman song, which is probably the single funniest thing they've ever done), "Dennis Reynolds: An Erotic Life" (for the scenes of Dennis in the hospital with Sinbad and Rob Thomas) and "The Nightman Cometh" ("You gotta pay the troll toll if you wanna get into that boy's hole"). It's just really creative, perfectly executed stuff. Nobody has better comedic timing than these guys. It's absurd how well they work together.

I thought Ive seen almost every episode, but I feel like I havent seen half of those...hmm
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

xmascriminal

QuoteI thought Ive seen almost every episode, but I feel like I havent seen half of those...hmm

You can catch up on whatever you've missed at this awesome site:

http://itsalwayssunnyepisodes.com/

No commercials, no viruses, no bullshit of any kind, and they're updating the new season as it goes.

bold99

if you are a fan getting the DVD's is a requirement.  I watch them over and over...especially Season 4 because the extras has their live performance when they did the musical in LA..it is worth the price of the DVD alone.
Last Fair Deal Gone Down...

xmascriminal

Quoteespecially Season 4 because the extras has their live performance when they did the musical in LA..it is worth the price of the DVD alone.

Wow, I need to see that. Guess I'm gonna start buying the DVDs. . . I'm just so used to South Park where they simultaneously put all their shows online for free and release DVDs with NO bonus features. I'm mean, what's the point? But it sounds like these definitely have a point.

Penny Lane

finally watched episodes 1 and 2...i wasn't too impressed w/#1 but #2 was pretty classic. "the gang hits the road" think i am still 1 episode behind. i love the shout out to soul asylum. LOL
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Penny Lane

charlie "er....I'll have a....milk steak...w/a side of jelly beans.."

Ghosts_on_TV

Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

el_chode

QuoteI'm a full on rapist.

You know, dyslexics, africans, children

el_chode

Quotecharlie "er....I'll have a....milk steak...w/a side of jelly beans.."

when he said milksteak the first time I nearly pissed my pants.

I fought this show for so long and I don't know why. It's really my exact sense of humor. I think Charlie's progressive illiteracy is one of the best running jokes in any TV series. It started out with him just being borderline illiterate/dyslexic in Season 2 to full on illiterate this season.

Penny Lane

artemis: ew....i feel so powerful, like a cobb salad....

chode---the funniest thing w/charlie's illiteracy, watch the episode where they solve the gas crisis, when they set up a stand to sell on the street? they don't focus in on it much, but notice the sign charlie makes, i had to keep rewinding it....."unled'dd' 'gass" just try to read all the words. i had tears in my eyes.

xmascriminal

Pretty good episode last night. I wasn't huge on the main Dee story, but the subsidiary stuff was great. Frank and Artemis had hands down the funniest dating relationship they've ever shown and "I'm a full on rapist" was one of the best lines in the history of the show. I also loved the ending. The last shot was hilarious.

Soulshine

Quoteartemis: ew....[highlight]i feel so powerful, like a cobb salad....[/highlight]
chode---the funniest thing w/charlie's illiteracy, watch the episode where they solve the gas crisis, when they set up a stand to sell on the street? they don't focus in on it much, but notice the sign charlie makes, i had to keep rewinding it....."unled'dd' 'gass" just try to read all the words. i had tears in my eyes.

When they were talking about putting bacon bits in her hair I almost lizzed (laugh until you whizz-30 Rock) in my pants.  ;D
Because we're all in this together...

el_chode

Quoteartemis: ew....i feel so powerful, like a cobb salad....

I actually saw that before I knew of the illiteracy story arc (Hulu has a real bad selection of back episodes). I did enjoy the lines:

"we're going to hit you where it hurts"
"YOUR DICK"
"What? No!"

I also hated the ending just because I wanted to watch what happened.