Futbol Anyone?

Started by purvis9876, Dec 10, 2008, 05:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penny Lane

QuoteMan U. looked dominant against Chelsea.  Don't know if anyone saw the corner that Rooney and Giggs took that was disallowed although it was really a valid trick play.

Beckham looked very mediocre in his debut in AC Milan but I guess that was to be expected.  

Kaka to Man. City?  Ronaldo to Milan?

Hoffenheim still in 1st :D

So many stories, so few fans :-[

i think beckham was just glad to have kept up!
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Ruckus

QuoteMan U. looked dominant against Chelsea.  Don't know if anyone saw the corner that Rooney and Giggs took that was disallowed although it was really a valid trick play.

Beckham looked very mediocre in his debut in AC Milan but I guess that was to be expected.  

Kaka to Man. City?  Ronaldo to Milan?

Hoffenheim still in 1st :D

So many stories, so few fans :-[

i think beckham was just glad to have kept up!

I think you're right about that.  Shoot, he didn't even think he going to start since it was the 1st game they were playing since they acquired him I think.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

mjkoehler

QuoteSo many stories, so few fans :-[
I'd be a fan if I could ever watch a match. I have yet to find one on. I might not be looking hard enough though  :-/

Jaimoe

I'd be a fan if I could ever watch a match. I have yet to find one on. I might not be looking hard enough though  :-/

ESPN or ESPN2 should have games on every week, at least on their international feeds. Canada carries English Premier games on Saturday and Sunday on two national sports networks and the Toronto area carries some Serie A games live on the weekends, usually in both Italian and English.

Of course the cable broadcaster of soccer is Setanta Sports, which you have to pay extra for no matter where you live.

Ruckus

Hey where are you located?  I'm out in the east coast and pay 5 bucks a month for comcast's sports package on cable.  This includes NFL network, NBA TV, a host of other channels plus the all important Fox Soccer Channel.  If you don't get a specific soccer channel, it might be difficult for you to get much other than Champions League matches on ESPN (which are the best), MLS, and some EPL reruns on your local sports channel.

I hope that you can find a channel that plays some soccer.  :)

Either way, Champions league matches begin again in February and those can be seen on regular cable.

mjkoehler

Hey where are you located?  I'm out in the east coast and pay 5 bucks a month for comcast's sports package on cable.  This includes NFL network, NBA TV, a host of other channels plus the all important Fox Soccer Channel.  If you don't get a specific soccer channel, it might be difficult for you to get much other than Champions League matches on ESPN (which are the best), MLS, and some EPL reruns on your local sports channel.

I hope that you can find a channel that plays some soccer.  :)

Either way, Champions league matches begin again in February and those can be seen on regular cable.
St Louis area. You would think it would be on here as this is kind of a soccer town.

Ruckus

Can't believe Man U.'s clean sheet streak.  Wow!  Gotta give 'em credit and I can't stand them >:(

Champions League Fixtures in 2 weeks!

Inter v. Man U.
Real Madrid v. Liverpool
:o

mjkoehler

My new favorite place to go for lunch, (Welsh pup with killer steak and cheese, delicious beverages on tap including a good 5 day IPA), shows matches all the time. Liverpool was playing someone the other day. I was nice, sandwhich, pint, large flat panal HD tv.

Ruckus

QuoteMy new favorite place to go for lunch, (Welsh pup with killer steak and cheese, delicious beverages on tap including a good 5 day IPA), shows matches all the time. Liverpool was playing someone the other day. I was nice, sandwhich, pint, large flat panal HD tv.

Glad you found a place for "soccer."  In B'more, I've only found one really good place called Slainte that writes it's televised matchups on a chalkboard out front.  Best pint of Guinness and B'more and also the most overpriced place and their flat screens a a wee bit on the small side.  Oh well, great atmosphere though.

Liverpool has played some amazing matches over the past week from their wins over Chelsea and Portsmouth in the last minutes to their loss to Everton in the FA Cup!  Definitely my favorite team out of the EPL Big 4

Ruckus

Hope some peoples get to watch US Mexico tonight.  What a rivalry!! :o

Ruckus

Man did the US dominate Mexico though it could have easily have been a draw.  I don't know if the US played that well or Mexico played that poorly.

1st step to Johannesburg

Ruckus

Where is Purvis?  Haven't seen him in ages and he started this thread.  Hmmmm

Anyways, I'll be DVRing the Man U. v. Inter match today.  Incredible matchups and yes they will be televised on ESPN or 2 and evening on Classic.

Classic 1st leg matchup between the Serie A leaders and the EPL leaders at the San Siro!!!!!!!

Ruckus

And another thread that no one cares about ;)

So I'm getting tickets for AC Milan v. Chelsea at M&T Bank Stadium and was wondering if anyone was going to make the jaunt over to B'more to see this awesome matchup.

Ruckus

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VU_WvBjsIXE[/media]

Goal of the Year maybe?  Before this video gets pulled from youtube :D

Ruckus

Ahh racism and Europe

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=639465&sec=europe&cc=5901

It's not racism says Mourihno.  Ha.  The other black players he cites names' are not "Mario Balitelli."  The kid is 18 for christ's sake.

dragonboy

Reading lose to Birmingham...see you in the playoffs  :(
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

mjkoehler

Still wish they showed matches here in St Louis other then the Welsh pub I go to for lunch every so often.

Whenever I make it the UK, going to a match will be high on the list of things I HAVE to do.

Ruckus

QuoteReading lose to Birmingham...see you in the playoffs  :(

It would be great to see you guys up in the Premiership next season DB!

Ruckus

QuoteStill wish they showed matches here in St Louis other then the Welsh pub I go to for lunch every so often.

Whenever I make it the UK, going to a match will be high on the list of things I HAVE to do.

ESPN or ESPN2, 1:45 central time:  Barcelona @ Chelsea, 2nd leg Champions Leauge, 0-0 after one leg.

mjkoehler

QuoteStill wish they showed matches here in St Louis other then the Welsh pub I go to for lunch every so often.

ESPN or ESPN2, 1:45 central time:  Barcelona @ Chelsea, 2nd leg Champions Leauge, 0-0 after one leg.
Too bad I can't watch as I'm at work. Figures