Futbol Anyone?

Started by purvis9876, Dec 10, 2008, 05:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bumbeli

QuoteStill wish they showed matches here in St Louis other then the Welsh pub I go to for lunch every so often.

Whenever I make it the UK, going to a match will be high on the list of things I HAVE to do.

ESPN or ESPN2, 1:45 central time:  Barcelona @ Chelsea, 2nd leg Champions Leauge, 0-0 after one leg.

Really looking forward to this game, should be a good one. Still, Barca is going to win :)

Manchester vs Arsenal was pretty good too, even though Arsenal was dominated by ManU.
Feelings hour, every tuesday morning.
[url="http://www.last.fm/user/bumbeli"]http://www.last.fm/user/bumbeli[/url]

Ruckus

QuoteStill wish they showed matches here in St Louis other then the Welsh pub I go to for lunch every so often.

Whenever I make it the UK, going to a match will be high on the list of things I HAVE to do.

ESPN or ESPN2, 1:45 central time:  Barcelona @ Chelsea, 2nd leg Champions Leauge, 0-0 after one leg.
Too bad I can't watch as I'm at work. Figures

DVR baby!  Hopefully you'll be able to catch the final which will be Man U. v. whoever wins this.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Ruckus

Really looking forward to this game, should be a good one. Still, Barca is going to win :)

Manchester vs Arsenal was pretty good too, even though Arsenal was dominated by ManU.

Truly an impressive performance by Man. U.  I didn't get to see the match but to do what they did at the Emirates was special.  Ronaldo's 1st goal was almost as awesome as his 35 yarder against Porto :o

As for Chelsea v. Barca, both are in good form though what Barca did to Madrid (6-2) was ridiculous.  I'm hearing that Thierry Henry might not play.  Not that it matters when ya got Eto'o, Messi, Xavi and Iniesta.  Ridiculous.  That said, it is at Stamford Bridge.

I've got no idea but it will be a good one for sure

Ruckus

Alright, that was insane!  The red card was undeserved by the Barca player and at least one hand ball had to be called against them.

That said, what a strike by Iniesta! :o :o :o

Bumbeli

QuoteAlright, that was insane!  The red card was undeserved by the Barca player and at least one hand ball had to be called against them.

That said, what a strike by Iniesta! :o :o :o

Yes, Barca was lucky, but I think they are a better opponent for ManU, don't think Chelsea can keep up with them right now.
Feelings hour, every tuesday morning.
[url="http://www.last.fm/user/bumbeli"]http://www.last.fm/user/bumbeli[/url]

MickeyReds

As long as you keep a straight face...

.Walt

;D, not that there's anything wrong with that!
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

Ruckus

FA Cup and Champions League finals coming up!!!

Go Barca and Everton [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif]

Ruckus

Bumbeli?  Ya' there?

It is the lesser of 2 evils for me but I will be at the pub rooting for Barca today.  It sucks that Iniesta may not play and 4 defenders including the 2 center backs for them are out.  Not good against United.  Looks like they may have to score some goals.

On the bright side, unlike last year's painful final, with Barca instead of Chelsea, we're likely to see some scoring.

Will be in an Irish Pub full of Man. U. clowns.  Can't wait to see them cry and make up petty excuses.  This is Messi's chance to show he is close to on par with Ronaldo.

With Ronaldo's 41 and 35 yarders against Porto and Arsenal, I think anyone who still questions whether he is the best player in the world is INSANE!

FA Cup Final - GO EVERTON!!

dragonboy

48 mins to go with Japanese commentary...trying my best to stay up but it's 0:12am here. Enjoy the match Rukus!
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

Ruckus

Quote48 mins to go with Japanese commentary...trying my best to stay up but it's 0:12am here. Enjoy the match Rukus!

Ummmm, the game doesn't start for over 3 hours.  Are you really in future DB? :o :o :o

dragonboy

Quote48 mins to go with Japanese commentary...trying my best to stay up but it's 0:12am here. Enjoy the match Rukus!

Ummmm, the game doesn't start for over 3 hours.  Are you really in future DB? :o :o :o
Really?! I must have fucked up on my time adjustments!! Shit! That's me off to bed then  :-/

God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

Ruckus

Twas great to witness the somber exits from the pubs of all the Man. U fans.  For one day, they looked mediocre to downright bad.  I don't know if Man. U. had the right plan to attack, particularly after going down early but the Barca midfield really controlled the game and the back line made plays when they needed to.  

It could have easily been 4-0 if Henry beats Van der Saar from point blank and Xavi converts that beautiful free kick.  What a season for Barca!

Ruckus

USA - Confederations Cup

Anyone?  Bueller?

The US sneaking into the semifinals might be the craziest, improbable feat I've seen in sports.  Really.  

For those that may have been paying attention, this crappy, underperforming team needed make up 6 goals in goal differential to surpass both Italy and Egypt and somehow finish in their group second only to Brazil.

So what happens, Brazil lambastes Italy 3-0 and US beats Egypt 3-0

Un Be Lieve A Ble :o :o :o

Off to face the #1 team in the world on Wednesday.

Any given Wednesday right?

Ruckus

Talkin' to myself...Talkin' to myself

Knockin' back some Natty Boh's getting ready for the US v. Spain match

mjkoehler

I wish I could join in. No DVR and when matches are on, I'm not around a tv.

Ruckus

QuoteI wish I could join in. No DVR and when matches are on, I'm not around a tv.

I wish you saw it MJK.  Quite possibly one of the biggest wins in AMerican soccer history.

Breaks Spain's 15 match winning streak, 35 match unbeaten streak, and the first non European team to beat them since Argentina in 1999.

ALso the 1st time a US team has reached a final of a FIFA cup since they started sometime around 1917 I believe.

Yes Spain outplayed them and outshot them, but the US played a very inspired game and actually had a strong game plan that worked.

It was the best I've seen this group play.

On to the final :D

Penny Lane

QuoteI wish I could join in. No DVR and when matches are on, I'm not around a tv.

I wish you saw it MJK.  Quite possibly one of the biggest wins in AMerican soccer history.

Breaks Spain's 15 match winning streak, 35 match unbeaten streak, and the first non European team to beat them since Argentina in 1999.

ALso the 1st time a US team has reached a final of a FIFA cup since they started sometime around 1917 I believe.

Yes Spain outplayed them and outshot them, but the US played a very inspired game and actually had a strong game plan that worked.

It was the best I've seen this group play.

On to the final :D

there were no tvs here either!! TAKE THAT! it happens so rarely, i love it when our USA boys beat the Euros!! it's just annoying that everyone has to wear their stanky sweaty jerseys around here on 'footy' day. they stink up the subway!! I wish I could have seen it...
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Ruckus

Anyone else watch the US Brazil match.  I can't complain.  It was a valiant effort by an overmatched squad.  What a brilliant 1st half the US played.

Congrats to the U.S. soccer team

Ruckus

Chelsea v. AC Milan on Friday.  Per usual all the local sports talking heads were bashing soccer and the silliness of an exhibition match in Baltimore and the price of the tickets in this economy.  Well, it sold out early at more than 72,000 tickets.

I never understood the American propensity to spew vitriol at something they do not embrace.  You don't have to like it but don't have to share unjustified hate.

The game is on Friday but scored the VIP seats that allow us to attend the practice session of the two teams at field level on Thursday.  Cannot wait!

Anyone else attending?