Ghost Adventures

Started by Bigsky, Oct 13, 2010, 11:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigsky

I couldn't find any thread on the show, so I started this one...

I'm a big believer in ghost; I have been since my dad lived in a haunted house in Simsbury, CT. This show is pretty good and I watch it habitually. They always have great evidence and it's nice and scary to watch with the lights turned off. The latest episode, last Friday, was filmed in Waverly Hills Sanitarium, Louisville. That building by itself is crazy creepy. Are there any other fans of this show?

http://www.travelchannel.com/TV_Shows/Ghost_Adventures

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

Ghost Hunters is way better.  Ghost Adventures is pretty cool but I think they're full of shit sometimes.  like when that zak guy pretends to be possessed,etc.

Bigsky

QuoteGhost Hunters is way better.  Ghost Adventures is pretty cool but I think they're full of shit sometimes.  like when that zak guy pretends to be possessed,etc.

I don't believe that he's possessed either, but some of the images are freaky real. I'll check out Ghost Hunters.

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

QuoteGhost Hunters is way better.  Ghost Adventures is pretty cool but I think they're full of shit sometimes.  like when that zak guy pretends to be possessed,etc.

I don't believe that he's possessed either, but some of the images are freaky real. I'll check out Ghost Hunters.

yeah ghost hunters is the most legit of the ghost shows if you ask me.  they have some compelling evidence, like straight up unexplainable shit, no doubt about it.  I watch ghost adventures a lot too, it's a cool show, it's just way more amp'd up than ghost hunters.

ghost hunters goal is to disprove the haunting so when shit starts happening or they capture evidence some of it is pretty gnarly.  pictures moving. doors opening, figures walking around only seen thru the thermal camera.  all sorts of weird shit.

I think I like it more because they spend quality time during the reveal going back over the shit so whatever they do catch you get to hear or see again clearer with more thought behind it.  

used to explore abandoned stuff all the time then we started getting busted for trespassing so that love fizzled.    ghosts are sweet.

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

here's most of this season so far if you want to check it out:

http://www.syfy.com/rewind/gh/

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

yo B5 you watchin the new ghost adventures tonight?  I wonder where they're exploring this time.

Bigsky

I am recording it right now, and will watch it in a bit...after I put my daughter to bed. I checked out Ghost Hunters on the web...I think I found a new show to watch, thanks SIGS.

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

QuoteI am recording it right now, and will watch it in a bit...after I put my daughter to bed. I checked out Ghost Hunters on the web...I think I found a new show to watch, thanks SIGS.

it should be a good episode tonight they're doing the stanley hotel.  it's the hotel that inspired the shining.  It's haunted as fuck so it seems.  Ghost Hunters has been there a couple times and a straight up table moved, crazy clear voices.  they're doing Ghost hunters live there on halloween on syfy, def check that shit out, The Stanley Hotel is crazy.  

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

what kind of stuff happened at your dads haunted house?  that sounds fucking awesome and scary as fuck.  I'm noticing I always forget to put in question marks.  dyslexia I swear.

have you seen ghosts or anything?  

I explored an abandon mental asylum called Clinton Valley.  I heard a moan three fucking times no doubt about it.  the buildings were wacked out crazy.  beds with the straps on it and little circle windows on the doors.  everything still there, an entire hosptial was part of it.  tunnels connected all the buildings.  it was a piece of history that they destroyed to replace with a parking lot or something.  horrible.  

here check it out:
http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~asylums/pontiac_mi/index.html

shit was legit as fuck.  straight up horror movie shit.  the only part that was not scary was the shop room with the tools and shit.  the attic was fucked up dude.  the halls with high arch ceilings.  never seen something like that, probably won't ever again.  we almost got caught by the cops but jumped in the snow action movie sly and escaped back to the mall parking lot where we parked our cars.  

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

Paranormal State's new season starts tonight.  I've never really liked this one tho.  they're really dorky and I could investigate haunted shit in a way more bad ass way.  it relies more on that psychic bs and stuff.  

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

Another heads up for the ghost lovers out there.  Ghost Lab on Discovery channel starts it's new season tonight.  man am I glad I'm not watching My Morning Jacket play At Dawn right now...

el_chode

I don't really like the shows all that much, but if I watch any it's Ghost Hunters (the one that South Park ripped into)

That's not to say I don't believe. When I don't take hiking vacations, I take haunted vacations. It's really one or the other. I've also caught some really freaky shit on camera before. I'll try and dig up a few if you'd like. One is the bassist in my former band with a really fucked up shadow behind him. The other is from our tour of the Jennie Wade house in Gettysburg where there is a brown smudge on some, but not all, of my wife's pics. The smudge is not in a consistent location and does not appear in consecutive photos. Interestingly enough, in one photo it does appear right near my ass.

The coolest part of that tour, however, was when I was in a room with a wrought iron chain that just started swinging on its own while I stood there.
I'm surrounded by assholes

jones

I have ridden the mountain bike trail at Waverly Park in Louisville.  They have night rides there and I hear it's creepy.  Zoinks!

Damn Chode, you been rockin some Warren G?

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

QuoteI don't really like the shows all that much, but if I watch any it's Ghost Hunters (the one that South Park ripped into)

That's not to say I don't believe. When I don't take hiking vacations, I take haunted vacations. It's really one or the other. I've also caught some really freaky shit on camera before. I'll try and dig up a few if you'd like. One is the bassist in my former band with a really fucked up shadow behind him. The other is from our tour of the Jennie Wade house in Gettysburg where there is a brown smudge on some, but not all, of my wife's pics. The smudge is not in a consistent location and does not appear in consecutive photos. Interestingly enough, in one photo it does appear right near my ass.

The coolest part of that tour, however, was when I was in a room with a wrought iron chain that just started swinging on its own while I stood there.

I hear ya.  that discovery channel one blows, I don't like the paranormal state one either.  Psychic Kids is kinda cool tho.   you should definitely post your ghostly pics.

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

anybody getting their ghost hunter on tonight?  

Taterbug

Quotewhat kind of stuff happened at your dads haunted house?  that sounds fucking awesome and scary as fuck.  I'm noticing I always forget to put in question marks.  dyslexia I swear.

have you seen ghosts or anything?  

I explored an abandon mental asylum called Clinton Valley.  I heard a moan three fucking times no doubt about it.  the buildings were wacked out crazy.  beds with the straps on it and little circle windows on the doors.  everything still there, an entire hosptial was part of it.  tunnels connected all the buildings.  it was a piece of history that they destroyed to replace with a parking lot or something.  horrible.  

here check it out:
http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~asylums/pontiac_mi/index.html

shit was legit as fuck.  straight up horror movie shit.  the only part that was not scary was the shop room with the tools and shit.  the attic was fucked up dude.  the halls with high arch ceilings.  never seen something like that, probably won't ever again.  we almost got caught by the cops but jumped in the snow action movie sly and escaped back to the mall parking lot where we parked our cars.  

Yo Sticky... My Great Grandfather Died in Clinton Valley during WWII.
He was diagnosed with TB and was sent to Clinton.  His son ( my grandfather  ) sent him back a Silk kimono robe that he got in Korea during  his service.   The day he got the robe he hung himself with the belt from the robe. My grandfather was devistated.  This was a big family secret until about 2 years ago.

On a side note.  I was waching ghost adventures about Waverly Hills sanitarium in Louisville.  http://www.therealwaverlyhills.com/
You can make reservations to stay the nite or take a tour. They a totally booked for the rest of the year. It looks like one hell of a scary place.  I would have liked to have done a tour this saturday after the MMJ show. Oh well.  I've heard the Brown Hotel in Louisville is also huanted.  Anyone  know anything about that ?
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

that's a crazy coincidence about your great grandpa and clinton valley.  that sucks what happened to him.  when I went there there was still patient papers everywhere on the floor.  I remember reading one about some chick who kept screaming and "clawing at herself".  it's insane they can destroy a building that huge and not even think twice about it.  It was one of the most beautifully eerie buildings I've ever been to.   you could see most of oakland county from the roof of that place.  

waverly does look creepy.  no matter what the special something fucked up always seems to happen there.  I think ghost hunters did a live halloween even there too.  can't remember.  ghosts are awesome.  I hope when I die I get trapped in the dimensional void and can haunt the fuck out of people.