MN Mom Hit w/$1.5 Million Fine for Downloading 24 songs

Started by Tracy_3000, Nov 04, 2010, 09:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tracy 3000

Jim brings all his love, passion, energy and mystery to the stage and says, "I'm right here."

darkglow

lol best comment on that story:

"For 1.5 million,...I hope that they were some really good songs....."

i'm sorry.. i shouldn't be laughing about this

capt. scotty

Quotelol best comment on that story:

"For 1.5 million,...I hope that they were some really good songs....."

yeah, like a 20+ minute live Cobra  8-)
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

oh kazaa you gave me so many viruses, I'm glad bittorrent was invented.  I'm surprised that company is still around.

el_chode

Trust me, the songs were not good.

I don't see the big deal, she essentially downloaded a double EP for the same price you had to pay to buy it in 1994

Just kidding. This will go to trial a 4th time because the Judge is getting pissed at the RIAA
I'm surrounded by assholes

SaraBananaBear

Wow, that's a lot. US fines and punishments often surprise me because they seem so extreme. I mean I think it's absurd that the district court in Sweden wanted the TPB founders to pay 3.5 million, but at least that's divided on four persons. :-?
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

MarkW

The $1.5m fine should really be for owning any Richard Marx track.
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

el_chode

QuoteWow, that's a lot. US fines and punishments often surprise me because they seem so extreme. I mean I think it's absurd that the district court in Sweden wanted the TPB founders to pay 3.5 million, but at least that's divided on four persons. :-?

don't worry, the RIAA is doing its best to force the American gov't to export its penalties to Europe. In exchange, Europe is trying to send us a "three strikes and you're out policy"

It's lovely, it's extra-governmental, and it's called ACTA.

CTdeadhead

Looks like I could be on the hook for several trillion bucks!!!! ;D

el_chode

There is more liability in sharing 3 songs illegally online than there is amputating the wrong limb during surgery.