Anyone Else Drinkin'? prt2

Started by dragonboy, Dec 04, 2008, 10:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjkoehler

Quotehey, where are you ordering beer online? Never ordered booze online and I need to. :-[
There are a couple of Japanese sites I use but they'd be no good for you.

I looked for Badger Ale online for you but only found a couple of Australian sites (they don't ship outside of Oz)

For some reason I have it stuck in my head that it's illegal to buy booze online here. WTF? I guess they would rather have you go to the Drive Thru liquer stores.  :-/

dragonboy

God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

mjkoehler

Tell me abouts it. I found a site actually based here in Illinois. Have to show proof of age at time of delivery. Didn't have Badger, but they have Youngs and a bunch of other stuff. Me hasta explore. Great, more things to spend money on.

dragonboy

God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

mjkoehler

http://www.beergeek.biz/

This was one of them. There were a couple others I found but I liked this one.

dragonboy

Quotehttp://www.beergeek.biz/

This was one of them. There were a couple others I found but I liked this one.
They've got a good selection of UK beers. I love Old Speckled Hen but am cautious to recommenced it because it's in a small bottle (all beers/ales taste better in a 500ml bottle IMO)
Fuller's 1845 is a nice pint, haven't tried their IPA. Young's Old Nick is great too...

capt. scotty

you crazy peoples and your metric system  :D
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

BH

"Can I get a 16.912 oz glass over here!"

(look it up.)
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

TEO

Avery, Schlafly, Hazed IPA triple treat before the best delivery pizza in town...yummm
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

mjkoehler

Finishing off my Longhammer IPA. Feeling pretty good right now. Playing Bowling on the Wii with the kids....and barely winning.

dragonboy

QuoteI drank a lovely Christmas ale last night (Bah Humbug! Wychwood Brewery) Wasn't cheap but it was worth it!

Went back to the shop & bought the last 7 bottles of this today - lovely stuff!!!  :D  [smiley=beer.gif]

mjkoehler

BIL is here....and with Saki. I'm gonna be hurling tomorrow as I've already been hittin the Black and Tans tonight.

red

had my first ever kirin and sapporo this evening!  especially enjoyed the kirin.    

[smiley=beer.gif]

dragonboy

Quotehad my first ever kirin and sapporo this evening!  especially enjoyed the kirin.    

[smiley=beer.gif]
Cheers K!

Can you get Yebisu? It's Sapporo's top-shelf beer, a little more expensive but worth it (best of a band bunch re: Japanese beer)

red

i think i saw that one on the menu!  i'll remember for next time, for sure.  

TEO

Quotehad my first ever kirin and sapporo this evening!  especially enjoyed the kirin.    

[smiley=beer.gif]
Cheers K!

Can you get Yebisu? It's Sapporo's top-shelf beer, a little more expensive but worth it (best of a band bunch re: Japanese beer)

Your makin' me thirsty DB!  :)

dragonboy

Haha Cheers TEO!  [smiley=beer.gif]

How's your lovely wife doing today? Feeling better?

Bah Humbug Christmas Ale again for me - I love this stuff! What will I do when it's all gone...

red

finally tried a few brews from saskatoon's paddock wood brewery this evening - had the 606 pale ale and the 1251, their brand new release.  really dug the 1252, but the pale ale was no slouch, either.  

http://www.paddockwood.com/mainbrews.html

capt. scotty

Due to the Steeler game, its only 10pm and Im already about 1 sheet to the wind

Drinking some decent Belgian brew interspersed with shots of Early Times...Dinner of Yinzers  :D

Best thing about coming home drunk and continuing to drink, mom doesnt care after a Steeler game  ;D

but jeez...cant wait to move back out again in a few months, especially since her dog shit diarrhea all over the backseat of my car today..if I wasnt so happy for the game, chaos wouldve ensued  >:(
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

TEO

Moylan's Moylander IIPA from Novato, CA, 8.5%. KAPOW from the very beginning without too much sweetness at the finish for a double. Would def. buy again.