Playstation 3

Started by AngryEwok, Jul 10, 2008, 09:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigsky

QuoteI also habitually play FIFA '10.

Did you happen to play FIFA 'O9?  I have FIFA '09 and I've never  really cared for it.  I've heard from friends that  FIFA '10 is so much better but I have been holding off getting it.

I didn't have FIFA '09, but FIFA '10 rocks and I bet you can get it for pretty cheap...FIFA '11 is already out.

Taterbug

Ok, fuck Joe pa ,  Occupy and the Economy.  On to important stuff like who is playing MW3 and should I buy it ?
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

peafunk31

Quote from: Taterbug on Nov 09, 2011, 05:41 PM
Ok, fuck Joe pa ,  Occupy and the Economy.  On to important stuff like who is playing MW3 and should I buy it ?

Do you play campaign mode, multiplayer or both?

I'm not a CoD multiplayer fan. I find their series repetitive & kinda boring. Very small maps combined with quick run & gun shooting gets old fairly quickly. There has been very little innovation in their multiplayer. Plus the focus on kill streaks turns me off.

If you enjoy FPS multiplayers that are objective based then I highly recommend Battlefield 3. It a complete team oriented shooter. StaggerLee & I play online most evenings. Its crazy fun to drive tanks, jeeps, ATVs, transport vehicles, jets & helicopters all in one game. & that's just the vehicle aspect of it. The infantry combat is just as awesome. Great game!

currently playing:
Battlefield 3
Batman: Arkham City
Homer no function beer well without.

ophidiophobia

I got it last night and have spent a few hours on it today. I don't have the online stuff for my ps3 so multiplayer isn't an option. I like the single player mode, but I figure I'll beat the single player mode within a week. The graphics are fantastic; makes me glad I updated my tv this summer. I haven't played any of the Battlefield series so I can't really compare the two. It's a solid game, but I think I'd pick the new Batman game over MW3.

Taterbug

Quote from: peafunk31 on Nov 09, 2011, 06:30 PM

Do you play campaign mode, multiplayer or both?

I'm not a CoD multiplayer fan. I find their series repetitive & kinda boring. Very small maps combined with quick run & gun shooting gets old fairly quickly. There has been very little innovation in their multiplayer. Plus the focus on kill streaks turns me off.

If you enjoy FPS multiplayers that are objective based then I highly recommend Battlefield 3. It a complete team oriented shooter. StaggerLee & I play online most evenings. Its crazy fun to drive tanks, jeeps, ATVs, transport vehicles, jets & helicopters all in one game. & that's just the vehicle aspect of it. The infantry combat is just as awesome. Great game!

currently playing:
Battlefield 3
Batman: Arkham City

I currently only play in campaign mode, I need to get a wifi signal booster.  My internet is on the 2 nd floor of my house and I'm setup in my basemant.  I played COD spec. Ops MW2.   I did buy Battlefield 3 and now since I have taken that thru the campaign mode I would tend to agree with you now that I have that to compare to the COD series.  I do like the weapons selection better in COD. I'm missing so much other cool shit by not playing online.  Someday when I get my wifi taken care of I will join you guys online. Thanks  for the feedback. I think I'm gonna pick it up.
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

Taterbug

Quote from: ophidiophobia on Nov 10, 2011, 12:08 AM
I got it last night and have spent a few hours on it today. I don't have the online stuff for my ps3 so multiplayer isn't an option. I like the single player mode, but I figure I'll beat the single player mode within a week. The graphics are fantastic; makes me glad I updated my tv this summer. I haven't played any of the Battlefield series so I can't really compare the two. It's a solid game, but I think I'd pick the new Batman game over MW3.

Cool, If it takes you a week it will probably take me a month. I have to limit my play to about an hour at a time.  I would be divorced if I went on 8 hour benders like the old days. I updated my tv also, I went with the 55" LG. Love love love the picture. Plus I sit about 8 feet away from my set.  Put in a HUGE dip and go hunting.  I heard a that new batman game was pretty sweet. I might have to rent it from blockbuster and check it out.

ophidiophobia

Quote from: Taterbug on Nov 10, 2011, 09:52 AM
Quote from: ophidiophobia on Nov 10, 2011, 12:08 AM

Cool, If it takes you a week it will probably take me a month. I have to limit my play to about an hour at a time.  I would be divorced if I went on 8 hour benders like the old days. I updated my tv also, I went with the 55" LG. Love love love the picture. Plus I sit about 8 feet away from my set.  Put in a HUGE dip and go hunting.  I heard a that new batman game was pretty sweet. I might have to rent it from blockbuster and check it out.
I think I beat the story mode on Batman in 3-4 days but I put in quite a bit of time on games when I buy them, I'm OCD like that. It has a bunch of extras that can add on a ton of time.

capt. scotty

Im still just playing Madden and NHL on my PS2, but the MW3 ad with Avatar, Superbad, and Dwight Howard is sweet  ;D

As is that commercial that came out like a month ago with all the game characters in a bar toasting to Ryan (or whatever the kids name was)
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

peafunk31

Just bought Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Bye Bye, social life! I get hopelessly sucked into these types of games for months at a time. The only thing on the horizon that will peel me away is MSG.

Ruckus

Quote from: peafunk31 on Nov 12, 2011, 09:45 AM
Just bought Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Bye Bye, social life! I get hopelessly sucked into these types of games for months at a time. The only thing on the horizon that will peel me away is MSG.
I am avoiding Skyrim like the plague.  Arkham City was awesome and now messing with Rayman Origins,another great game for all you 2D plat formers out there.  It'll be FFXIII-2 and Uncharted 3 before I get Skyrimmed.  How are you enjoying it pea funk?
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

peafunk31

Quote from: Ruckus on Jan 20, 2012, 11:21 AM
I am avoiding Skyrim like the plague.  Arkham City was awesome and now messing with Rayman Origins,another great game for all you 2D plat formers out there.  It'll be FFXIII-2 and Uncharted 3 before I get Skyrimmed.  How are you enjoying it pea funk?

It's an incredible game for sure. There are some bugs & glitches to work out but that's understandable given the scope of this game. Unfortunately, a game imparing/breaking bug exists at the moment. It has to do with the save file size which grows considerably over time. The save file grows due to the game remembering everything you do to the in game environment. Knock a plate off a table & it will never reset to it's original position. That may sound silly, but with millions of interactable items & the game remembering that they were moved it becomes a problem. It eats up too much memory & the game starts to lag in cities & high traffic areas. Help is on the way though, as a patch to fix this issue is in the works.

Overall, it's like no game I've ever played. Soooo much to do & the character development is a blast. I highly recommend it :thumbsup:

Ruckus

Quote from: peafunk31 on Jan 23, 2012, 10:34 AM

It's an incredible game for sure. There are some bugs & glitches to work out but that's understandable given the scope of this game. Unfortunately, a game imparing/breaking bug exists at the moment. It has to do with the save file size which grows considerably over time. The save file grows due to the game remembering everything you do to the in game environment. Knock a plate off a table & it will never reset to it's original position. That may sound silly, but with millions of interactable items & the game remembering that they were moved it becomes a problem. It eats up too much memory & the game starts to lag in cities & high traffic areas. Help is on the way though, as a patch to fix this issue is in the works.

Overall, it's like no game I've ever played. Soooo much to do & the character development is a blast. I highly recommend it :thumbsup:
Quite possibly the most impressive game I've played.  I was not a fan of Oblivion as it felt rather clunky but Skyrim really has made strides in its game play.  Plus I love talking about Skyrim in public and getting looks like I'm not cool or something ;D 8)
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

peafunk31

Quote from: Ruckus on Apr 12, 2012, 11:32 AM
Quote from: peafunk31 on Jan 23, 2012, 10:34 AM

Quite possibly the most impressive game I've played.  I was not a fan of Oblivion as it felt rather clunky but Skyrim really has made strides in its game play.  Plus I love talking about Skyrim in public and getting looks like I'm not cool or something ;D 8)

Agreed on not liking Obilvion but really digging Skyrim. Haven't played much of late due to being completely addicted to Battlefield 3.

As for talking about Skyrim in public, just be sure to steer clear of any "arrow to the knee" jokes. That shit is old ;D

davymac

Has anyone checked on the PS3 exclusive Twisted Metal?  It is alot like the old ones...awesome

In case you don't know the premise is just like mario kart battle.  Except for adults haha

Add me on PSN:  davymac

peafunk31

Anyone pick up The Last of Us? Just finished it last night. Holy crap what a great game! The story in the single player is probably the best ever made. I was completely immersed in it for a week. TLoU is, in my opinion, the best game I've played in the last 10 years or so. Highly recommended! Especially if you're into a stealthy, tense, story driven game.

Going to try the multiplayer soon. I hear it's very different from most online shooters so I'm definitely interested.

FiddleCastro

I finally dusted off my PS3 and have been playing it more lately.

Have a bunch of games because I have PSN+ and download everything they give away :grin:

and also have the latest MLB The Show

Probably going to pick up Last Of Us soon.

I think my name is "NarcoticTundra" which was a suggested name since the name  I wanted was taken, and I thought "shit that's pretty ridic"  :grin:
I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh

Mahgeetah34

I haven't owned a Playstation since the 2 as I currently have a 360, but PS4>>>Xbox One :thumbsup:

Dillsnufus

Quote from: peafunk31 on Jun 20, 2013, 09:42 AM
Anyone pick up The Last of Us? Just finished it last night. Holy crap what a great game! The story in the single player is probably the best ever made. I was completely immersed in it for a week. TLoU is, in my opinion, the best game I've played in the last 10 years or so. Highly recommended! Especially if you're into a stealthy, tense, story driven game.

Going to try the multiplayer soon. I hear it's very different from most online shooters so I'm definitely interested.

The Last of Us is a Must Own. Amazing Game
Gazziza My Dillsnufus