Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

red

QuoteMy avatar is the cover of Let It Be, actually.
I think he was just counting The Beatles reference in general.

ManNamedTruth

Quotetaking a girl out to the movies on wednesday 8-)
postponed due to unfortunate circumstanses(i wanted to say enstrenuating circumstances, but apparantly its not a word, am i crazy or am i severely mispelling it?)
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

Jenny

Quotetaking a girl out to the movies on wednesday 8-)
postponed due to unfortunate circumstanses(i wanted to say enstrenuating circumstances, but apparantly its not a word, am i crazy or am i severely mispelling it?)

"strenuous"?
there is no such a word as enstrenuating, unfortunately.  my spell check things i'm trying to spell "menstruating", so unless you meant that...

vespachick

"Extenuating."   8-)
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

bug

Detroit Cobras @ The Mad Hatter, Covington KY - 7/11/07
Squirrel Nut Zippers @ Jim Porters, Louisville, KY - 7/18/07

SMc55

The bug girls* are right, but enstrenuating should be a word. I like it.

(*vespa is the latin name for wasp - always think of you as waspgirl - hope that's ok))

ManNamedTruth

Quote"Extenuating."   8-)
thank you, that was driving me nuts

ManNamedTruth

QuoteThe bug girls* are right, but enstrenuating should be a word. I like it.

(*vespa is the latin name for wasp - always think of you as waspgirl - hope that's ok))
i googled it and it was used by a couple people, so at least i'm not the only one who thinks its a word.

red

Only half an hour left of this work week.  This was possibly my worst week of work in life, just absolute shit.  I've entertained the thoughts of quitting every single minute this week, but it's just not in the cards yet (unless I go off the deep end in the near future).

SMc55

QuoteOnly half an hour left of this work week.  This was possibly my worst week of work in life, just absolute shit.  I've entertained the thoughts of quitting every single minute this week, but it's just not in the cards yet (unless I go off the deep end in the near future).
I've had jobs like that and it sucks. Move on, but do it at a time that will benefit you, not the bastards that are driving you mad. Easy to say, I know, but try to think of the happy things in your life. I know there are some  :)

TEO

Getting to watch kids ages 4,9, and 11 get up on skis for this first time this week.  :)
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

Jenny

The DARK

Quotehello, permit

(Random thought of the day) Why am I the only 15-year old I know who is too lazy to get his permit?  :-/
In another time, in another place, in another face

.Walt

1) Roger Waters tomorrow
2) Twins win
3) got my red rocks tickets today
4) Had dinner with my folks
5) Kevin Garnett is still a wolves (for now  :-/)
6) my one of my best friends is coming over tonight from some drinks and such things

all and all  yesterday, today, and tomorrow, was, is, and going to be great!!!

Much Greater Than Science Fiction

ratsprayer

-moving in to a new, large, comfortable house
-good budget forecast
-starting to be able to actually save money
-fun times with the kids
-new daughter in just a few weeks
-lots of internal and external changes for the better

all in all, it's a pretty hard and trying time in life, but the hard work will reap bulbous rewards.  i'm ready.

keep on keepin' on, peeps.

:) :) :) :) :) :)

red

Right on Rats!  :)

I just got home after spending a wonderful few hours over a case of beer with one of my best friends whom I haven't seen in a year or two (aside from a round of golf earlier this week).  It's just amazing how we can pick up and leave off just like we'll be seeing each other next weekend.  So strange.  

red

I've had jobs like that and it sucks. Move on, but do it at a time that will benefit you, not the bastards that are driving you mad. Easy to say, I know, but try to think of the happy things in your life. I know there are some  :)
Again with the kind words!

I actually had a pretty good chat with my boss (whom I can't stand) at the end of the day - little does he know I will not be working there in eight months (or less).  Everyday I turn off my outside opinions and thoughts and just buckle down, thinking of how it'll benefit me and put me in a place I'd like to be, whilst daydreaming of my life post-work.  I should feel guilty, but I don't at all, maybe if I was treated with more respect I would.

;D

Angry Ewok

So, the U of A says I'll either have to cut my hours at work, or I have to get off my parents' health insurance. Basically, now I have to give my bosses at Jireh Publishing the same ultimatum... Get me benefits, or you get a whole lot less of me.

I've been working full time since November, and I'm still considered a full time student, but my full-time student days are over once this next semester rolls around - I only need 2 more credits before I've got my degree in Commercial Art. So cutting my hours won't do me any good whatsoever... it may just get me laid off completely.

I don't want to cut back my hours, either. I need the work (yes, I need to work - I know it sounds weird, but I really like my job and I would be heartbroken to lose it), and I obviously need the money.

On the flip side, my company desperately needs me. I'm probably the only Serigrapher in town, and I'll wage I'm probably one of the best in the region and the lowest paid in the country.

So why is this in the Current Joys? I dunno... besides being a little concerned, I'm not worried about this at all. The company knows they've been underpaying me, for all of the various things I do for them, so I'm feeling good about bringing that to their attention and letting them know that it's their turn to step things up.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

SMc55

Alan Johnston has been freed.
Excellent news!
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/rtrs/20070704/tpl-uk-palestinians-journalist-9e08e31.html

We needed some good news in the UK after the bombs in London and Glasgow.
Another joy - the police and security services who foiled those attacks.

EC

Quote-moving in to a new, large, comfortable house
-good budget forecast
-starting to be able to actually save money
-fun times with the kids
-new daughter in just a few weeks
-lots of internal and external changes for the better

all in all, it's a pretty hard and trying time in life, but the hard work will reap bulbous rewards.  i'm ready.

keep on keepin' on, peeps.

:) :) :) :) :) :)
this is my current joy. :)

another one is my super fucking lovely band.  i am in a band with the kindest, most considerate, helpful and gentle souls.  and they fucking TEAR IT UP!