Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

red

New avatar in honor of the t-shirt I'm having made as we speak.  It's going to have the Rain Dogs cover on the front, and on the back say "tango till they're sore".  There was also a very pretty girl who was working at the print shop.

mjkoehler

Kinda lame, but my fingertips hurt really bad on my left had...because I have literly been playing guitar all day. Bouncing between the Fender Squire and my new acoustic. I'm feeling a major breakthrough coming (fucking better with the amount of time I've put in lately). I have been working on the Major scale (s) and was able to work through them quite nicely on the Fender and finely on the acoustic which has a little higher action and thicker strings that I'm still getting used to. Was able to hit all my standard chords without looking, run through the scales without really looking, and played through the few songs I do know. I was playing around with Iron Man and was able to play through the first half. Almost, kinda, sorta sounded otay.  :-/

Like I said, I'm feeling a breakthrough.

oh and I'm in the midst of getting the opening part of Enter the Sandman down. Thank goodness for YouTube as I've found enough video to help with that.

Jenny

i really like summer vacation.

red

It's Friday.  Today is supposed to be the hottest day of the year so far (word is gonna reach 41).  As soon as I'm off work it's straight to the bar, then to the fair where there's horse races and more!!!

bug

Monday is my birthday, I'm on vacation all next week.  I finally have people coming out to my house to re-run the cable in two rooms, fix my dryer and I'm getting my car fixed.  I don't even care that it's going to cost some money I'm just glad to get it done.  

Also, I have wine  :)
Detroit Cobras @ The Mad Hatter, Covington KY - 7/11/07
Squirrel Nut Zippers @ Jim Porters, Louisville, KY - 7/18/07

TEO

QuoteMonday is my birthday, I'm on vacation all next week.  I finally have people coming out to my house to re-run the cable in two rooms, fix my dryer and I'm getting my car fixed.  I don't even care that it's going to cost some money I'm just glad to get it done.  

Also, I have wine  :)

Have a GREAT birthday!!!   :)
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

bug

Thanks Matthew :)  So far it looks like it's going to be a good one
Detroit Cobras @ The Mad Hatter, Covington KY - 7/11/07
Squirrel Nut Zippers @ Jim Porters, Louisville, KY - 7/18/07

EC

QuoteIt's Friday.

monumentally joyful about this fact. huz.zah.

SMc55

QuoteIt's Friday.

Yessindeedee!!!

MarkW

QuoteIt's Friday.

Yessindeedee!!!

There is no better feeling than a Friday after work.  Unless it's a Friday before a long weekend, with a gig on the Sunday night, good friends you haven't seen for a while and a Monday off work.

Throw your horns in the air for Metallica, peeps.
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

Tree

Holidays!!!!!! 6 Weeks!!!!!!!!!!!  8-) 8-) 8-)

red

QuoteIt's Friday.  Today is supposed to be the hottest day of the year so far (word is gonna reach 41).  As soon as I'm off work it's straight to the bar, then to the fair where there's horse races and more!!!
Oh my....

Today was an absolute scorcher, beers were tasting great (not doing much though, which was ok), won $21.25 at the horse races, but the fair ugh.  I'm so disgusting right now.  I'm covered in a layer of dried sweat, then dirt, then more dried sweat, then carnie dust and my stomach hurts from too much carnie food.  Good time though!  

A friend of mine finished second in the Guitar Hero (videogame) competition and I won for 'best show'.  Leg kicks, no-looks, shred from the knees and back to back with the host won me that title.   ;D

SHOWER TIME!!!

SMc55

QuoteIt's Friday.

Yessindeedee!!!

There is no better feeling than a Friday after work.  Unless it's a Friday before a long weekend, with a gig on the Sunday night, good friends you haven't seen for a while and a Monday off work.

Throw your horns in the air for Metallica, peeps.

So very very true.
Have lots of fun Mark  [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif]

Angry Ewok

--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

red

Staying home on a Saturday night and missing out on a night with the pals because I was waiting for a phone call --- MORE than worth it.

TEO

Having Waiting for the Sun and Break on Through play back to back on shuffle while watering my garden at dawn.  Sometimes I forget how much I LOVE the Doors!  
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

Capt Tink TANK

I'm a great person, folks :-[

Jenny

:|

happy (early) birthday, bug!! that reminds me - monday's my old best friends' birthday, too. it's a really popular birthday around here, actually.

Angry Ewok

This is my current joy. There's a ring on her left hand.

I didn't do anything too fancy, yesterday, I just broke out a couple of wine glasses and asked the question. I figured I would let her stress out for a little while about how exactly to remove the ring from the stem.

My dad is a glassblower, so he helped me out here. He custom made the two glasses... I snapped the stem, and we'll reconstruct the glass for a future dinner or perhaps a reception.

The ring is a blue topaz... Decided against the traditional diamond, because she's a crazy flaming liberal.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

megisnotreal

i'm getting married!  :)