Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SMc55

Today I became the very proud owner of a piece of original art!
It came all the way from America! I'm delighted with it.

Here's the guy:

Thanks Brad!!!  :D

bug

QuoteMonday is my birthday, I'm on vacation all next week.  I finally have people coming out to my house to re-run the cable in two rooms, fix my dryer and I'm getting my car fixed.  I don't even care that it's going to cost some money I'm just glad to get it done.  

Also, I have wine  :)

Happy birthday Bug  :D

Detroit Cobras @ The Mad Hatter, Covington KY - 7/11/07
Squirrel Nut Zippers @ Jim Porters, Louisville, KY - 7/18/07

BH

HOLY Shit!  How did I miss this thread!!!!!!  

Congrats Brad and Meg!  This is so cool!

May the best day of your past be the worst day of your future!

[smiley=beer.gif]
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

LizKing531

QuoteHaving Waiting for the Sun and Break on Through play back to back on shuffle while watering my garden at dawn.  Sometimes I forget how much I LOVE the Doors!  

Truer words have never been written!

I just read on MSN today that the owner of the Parisian nightclub that Jim used to frequent is writing a new "tell-all" that claims Jim died in the bathroom stall of his bar.  He saw 2 "drug-dealers" carry a dead Jim away and that they "threw" him into the tub & that everyone knew he was dead from a heroin OD.  Big conspiracy bullshit

LizKing531

This is my current joy. There's a ring on her left hand.

I didn't do anything too fancy, yesterday, I just broke out a couple of wine glasses and asked the question. I figured I would let her stress out for a little while about how exactly to remove the ring from the stem.

My dad is a glassblower, so he helped me out here. He custom made the two glasses... I snapped the stem, and we'll reconstruct the glass for a future dinner or perhaps a reception.

The ring is a blue topaz... Decided against the traditional diamond, because she's a crazy flaming liberal.

Nice set-up my man!!  

EC

wow.  i just read the first page and am thinking about all that's happened in a year.
my current joy is just being, really.  being is joyful.

aMD

wow, i just noticed this!  Congrats Brad and Meg!  

EC

well thanks, aMD! :)
i mean, i didn't really do too much, but it feels good, yeah.

aMD

not you, dork.  meg from bowling green!

joking, of course ;)

megisnotreal

Quotewell thanks, aMD! :)

well, meg, you did give brad the viking helmet he wore to the ryman show, which was the first time i met him... so... props!

EC

Quotewell thanks, aMD! :)

well, meg, you did give brad the viking helmet he wore to the ryman show, which was the first time i met him... so... props!
thank you.  FINALLY I GET SOME ACKNOWLEDGEMENT AROUND HERE!
heh.
it actually is seriously amazing that all of this is happening and just goes to show that the internet can be a useful tool for many things including love and friendship and dictionaries and wikipedias. :)

dragonboy

This is my current joy. There's a ring on her left hand.

I didn't do anything too fancy, yesterday, I just broke out a couple of wine glasses and asked the question. I figured I would let her stress out for a little while about how exactly to remove the ring from the stem.

My dad is a glassblower, so he helped me out here. He custom made the two glasses... I snapped the stem, and we'll reconstruct the glass for a future dinner or perhaps a reception.

The ring is a blue topaz... Decided against the traditional diamond, because she's a crazy flaming liberal.
Wow, Wow WOW!!!
Congratulations guys, I am SO happy for you!!!

This fantastic news has made my day  :) :'(
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

mjkoehler

oh, I cannot believe I waited this long to post this. Kinda long, but if you've read some of my Complaints, this will be a rarity as it a Joy about something from work.

So at 4PM I get a phone call that I need to come over immediatly and talk to our 2 corporate Supply Chain people/head badasses. I was freaking out at this point. My office is a 1/4 mile from where they are so I had just horrible thoughts going through my head the entire walk. I get there and have to wait as they were in a rather ugly conversation with some people about some screw ups with Wal-Mart and who's gonna pay for it. I'm freaking out even more, I'm literly sweating at this point. Stop, rewind to lunch. My Director (probably #6 in the Company) right before lunch frantically requested a  detailed breakout of my job, with consideration of who I deal with and a rough idea of hours and percentages and such and need it as soon as possible. Back to 4PM. So they sit me down and tell me about a bunch of the issues going on, and that they need assistance. I HAVE BEEN OFFERED A NEW FUCKING JOB. My Director gave them her blessing hence wanting to know the breakout on my job. I was told to think about it overnight but I would be completly insane not to take this promotion. Oh did I mention that I probably would move into this role like in the next 2 weeks. MY FUCKING WORK PRAYERS HAVE BEEN ANSWERED. The gods of petfood have heard my crys.

Today was just an awesome day. I went to lunch at my favorite Vietnamese restaurant for lunch, with one of my best friends. Then the job thing happened, then I find out KOL and BRMC are coming to Omaha together and I have permission to go and I can see family then too. I haven't been back to Omaha in about 3 years. I'm afraid to go to bed as I do not want today to fucking end.

Jenny

QuoteMY FUCKING WORK PRAYERS HAVE BEEN ANSWERED.

glad to hear things're workin' out now :)

as for me, my current joy is simply that ferris bueller's day off is on.

red

My new t-shirt... :D 8-)

Front:

Back:

SMc55

I HAVE BEEN OFFERED A NEW FUCKING JOB.

Oh I'm so pleased for you. Delighted!  :D

bug

Congrats on the good job news Mike!  That's awesome.  Maybe you can take another vacation that goes uninterupted :)
Detroit Cobras @ The Mad Hatter, Covington KY - 7/11/07
Squirrel Nut Zippers @ Jim Porters, Louisville, KY - 7/18/07

ratsprayer

my new house.   :) :) :)

i can hear cows mooing across the street, american toads croaking in the woods behind me.  a broad-winged hawk lives behind us.  tons of deer, indigo buntings, and a pair of scarlet tanagers.  wildlife abound!  this is paradise for me.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

dragonboy

Wow, how cool is your new house?!! Pleased things worked out for you Dave - you deserve it  :)
Would love to see some pics when you're sorted...
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

TEO

Quotemy new house.   :) :) :)

i can hear cows mooing across the street, american toads croaking in the woods behind me.  a broad-winged hawk lives behind us.  tons of deer, indigo buntings, and a pair of scarlet tanagers.  wildlife abound!  this is paradise for me.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

You deserve every bit of it! :)
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary