Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angry Ewok

Rats is living in Okonokos?

Congrats to Mike, rats, everybody with the good news.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

megisnotreal

high-five on the new job, mike!  8-) it's a vast understatement to say you deserve it! i hope this one isn't as stressful.

and... new house, rats? that's awesome! i hope you enjoy it... it sounds serene.

ps: red, that shirt is badass.

mjkoehler

Quotemy new house.   :) :) :)

i can hear cows mooing across the street, american toads croaking in the woods behind me.  a broad-winged hawk lives behind us.  tons of deer, indigo buntings, and a pair of scarlet tanagers.  wildlife abound!  this is paradise for me.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Isn't that the best. I live in a little town and get the sounds of nature sometimes (occassionaly the smell if the wind shifts). Nothing like sitting on your patio with the birds chirping, you are not hearing the constant drone of traffic, and your kids can run around without fear of getting hit by a vehicle.

mjkoehler

Quotei hope this one isn't as stressful.

It will be but in a completly different way. I will not be tied to my job like I am now.

aMD

mike- congrats on the job! Good work!

Rats- your house sounds wonderful and doesn't it feel great to own a house! Like they say in O Brother Where Art Thou: You ain't no kind of man unless you got land!  Sounds like you have a little slice of heaven.  i miss the sounds of the country and have been couped up in the city too long, although I love my house.  frequent trips into the woods are mucho necessary for me. goo thinking setting up shop there. anyway, congrats, i'd also like to see some pics.

damn, a lot of good stuff is happening around here! Note to self: buy a lottery ticket today.

megisnotreal

i get to go see the violent femmes tonight. i have never seen them before and am PUMPED. oh, did i mention that it is free and i don't have to drive and plan on getting trashed? because all those things are happening, plus my vacation is only one week away!

red

Quotei get to go see the violent femmes tonight. i have never seen them before and am PUMPED. oh, did i mention that it is free and i don't have to drive and plan on getting trashed? because all those things are happening, plus my vacation is only one week away!
I LIKE AMERICAN MUSIC!!!

megisnotreal

Quotei get to go see the violent femmes tonight. i have never seen them before and am PUMPED. oh, did i mention that it is free and i don't have to drive and plan on getting trashed? because all those things are happening, plus my vacation is only one week away!
I LIKE AMERICAN MUSIC!!!

i have been singing this all morning: old mother reagan went to heaven but at the pearly gates SHE WAS STOPPED

BH

Congrats Mike!  I hope you're not moving!?!?!?

(Can you kidnap me on your way to Omaha) ;)
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

bug

Oh crap I forgot about them!  I've been planning on going to this  but I have a lot of work still left to do on my house :(  If you see me down there come say hello.  You will have a great time, I think I've seen them 3 times it's always fun!
Detroit Cobras @ The Mad Hatter, Covington KY - 7/11/07
Squirrel Nut Zippers @ Jim Porters, Louisville, KY - 7/18/07

aMD

i'll be at the femmes show too 8-)

The DARK

Having It Still Moves spice up an otherwise boring mowing session!  :D
In another time, in another place, in another face

mjkoehler

QuoteCongrats Mike!  I hope you're not moving!?!?!?

(Can you kidnap me on your way to Omaha) ;)

Thankfully nope. Get to stay in Casa Koehler in scenic Waterloo. I think a kidnapping can be arranged. Seriously.... The plan currently is the wife and kids are going with (I'm not 100% trusted on a road trip by myself). I get to go to the show. I trying to convince my one friend and her hubby to go to.

.Walt

well i got my constantines album finally. it about time. i haven't listened to it yet, but i can't wait for the ride home!! thanks again red!
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

EAZYE

FINALLY FINALLY, two of my best friends have come around and think that the jacket is now the coolest thing on earth.  They are constantly calling me and asking questions and buying their own copies of cd's.  They can't wait for the jacket to start touring again so they can go see them live instead on the dvd.  My world just got infinitely better.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
I painted my name on the back of a leaf
and I watched it float away

TEO

Coming back from a night time walk to find my wife watching and taping the MMJ ACL show that I had forgotten about!   :)  
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

mjkoehler

QuoteComing back from a night time walk to find my wife watching and taping the MMJ ACL show that I had forgotten about!   :)  
She's a keeper. ;) Any woman that loves Jacket is AOK. I cannot get my wife to like them, not matter what I try.

red

I'm just about to fly out the door and catch up with a few friends including one I've not seen since Christmas.  We're taking it easy, just gonna drink some beers and 'stoop it' all evening.

I got a raise!

Less than one month until I'll be basking in rock and roll glory (The Hold Steady).

TEO

QuoteComing back from a night time walk to find my wife watching and taping the MMJ ACL show that I had forgotten about!   :)  
She's a keeper. ;) Any woman that loves Jacket is AOK. I cannot get my wife to like them, not matter what I try.

Yes she is! She has seen the Jacket twice and WAWM is one of her favorite songs (which is on the show she taped). When you come to Jacket Fest next summer you can meet her.  :)
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

SMc55

I've only got two and a half more days to work at my current job. I'll be rid of my bully of a boss. Then I've got six weeks holiday before I start my new Forensic Science job :D