Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkW

QuoteCRABS! DAMN I love me some crab.

Never thought I'd see crabs on the joys thread...  ;)

New joy is MMJ and Neil Young on the same bill three days after my 40th birthday... tickets on the way.  :)
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

easy jim

Aquarium Drunkard podcasts.  

very enjoyable

So soon after payday, know it seemed a shame!

red

Made my first trip of the year to the ''Ice Cream Cabin'' this afternoon and was treated to some deliciousness served by very cute girls.  It's seriously the best place in the city.

megalicious

it's a pretty day outside! i've planted some lovely flowers, and then i washed two cars BY HAND.

now i am drinking some homemade lemonade.

8-)
all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

mjkoehler

Quote[Yes. We usually grow cukes, cherry toms, yellow toms, carrots, peppers, beets, and last year we had a bumper crop of brussel sprouts. I have some small brush to burn on the garden (potash?) and will amend the soil with some sterile manure before I take my Mantis and stir up the soil. The problem we had last summer with the drought was that the crops do not respond NEARLY as well to hose water as they do to natural rainwater. If it rains hard you can usually even see a color difference in the leaves as the plants soak it all in.
Rented the Mantis today. That thing rules! Now the soil is perfect for plannting and it made me sweat out enough of the beer I drank last night I do not feel like dying

bethofftherecord

nothing can be changed except ourselves

Angry Ewok

The Carolina Wrens that nested under our awning on the patio are learning to fly. Cutest thing ever.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

megalicious

my joy: my boyfriend.

really.

i love him a lot. didn't there used to be a like "my significant other is the bee's knees" thread or something? i need to find it--because HE IS the bee's knees.

Angry Ewok

He sounds like a smart, funny, remotely attractive guy. Good for you!

dragonboy

Looking @ old Blue Note album covers makes me happy  :)
http://hiroing.moe-nifty.com/photos/bluenote/

That, and I'll be seeing my Mum & Dad in about 30hrs from now  :D :D :D :'(
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

megalicious

neil diamond is the mentor next week on american idol

NEIL DIAMOND[/b]

do you watch idol in japan, db? because you need to set that tivo!

dragonboy

Quotedo you watch idol in japan, db? because you need to set that tivo!
We used to watch it but every year it gets shown later & later. 2 years ago I think we were a week or 2 behind the US, which wasn't too bad but last year it was about a month & this year it's even longer.
Cheers 4 the heads up though...I'll look out for the Neil episode sometime in June  ;)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

Angry Ewok

QuoteI'll look out for the Neil episode sometime in June  ;)

Wow... I guess that's why the Japanese invented sticky notes?

Edit. My mistake, sticky notes were invented in Minnesota.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur_Fry

pawpaw

Heading back to the Pitt River this weekend for the first time this year...

"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

ycartrob

started a new job a couple of months back. Making a bit more money but a lot more work (case files on the computer with state mental health contracts, outcomes, diagnosis', etc...) and today I finally got all my programs running and I

got

my

ass

kicked so hard that I was seeing Japanese letters in my head. So, I get in my car to go home, all beat up and surly and dejected, and I listened to Tables and Chairs  by Andrew Bird and

instantly

all my problems and worries were solved. Finished. Over

there will be snacks, there will!

easy jim

QuoteHeading back to the Pitt River this weekend for the first time this year...

Beautimous picture there bbill!

I love it!  I look forward to little more than getting out on the water this year.  That's what I'll do to reward myself for a semester well done.

we don't quite have streams like that around here but I still can't get enough...now all's I need is a new fly rod 'cause I slammed mine in an SUV hatch a year ago.  What an idiot.
So soon after payday, know it seemed a shame!

TEO

Watching JJ's acoustic version of Steam Engine on youtube to bring me back to my roots of the reason I am here.
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

pawpaw

QuoteHeading back to the Pitt River this weekend for the first time this year...

Beautimous picture there bbill!

I love it!  I look forward to little more than getting out on the water this year.  That's what I'll do to reward myself for a semester well done.

we don't quite have streams like that around here but I still can't get enough...now all's I need is a new fly rod 'cause I slammed mine in an SUV hatch a year ago.  What an idiot.

Thanks EJ. Between daydreaming about fishing and wasting time on this forum, I'm pretty sure that I'll be getting very little work done today.

Yeah, the Pitt River is pretty special...we are quite spoiled as fishermen (and women) out here. My goal this summer is to backpack into some high Sierra lakes and catch Golden Trout, never have caught one.

Yeah dude, get a new rod, get out fishing! 'Tis the season! Where do you live/fish?
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

megalicious

i've just been told that i am a finalist for edison media research's "30 under 30!"

they're choosing the 30 most promising broadcasters under the age of 30 in the US...

and i am a finalist!!!!!

i won't know until next month, but OMG!