Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjkoehler

Joined a Friday night softball league. Today was the first practice. Haven't played in a league in a long time. Hit and caught flys quite well. Cannot wait for the season to start. Nothing like Friday night softball leagues. Usually lots of beer is involved. Good times, goooood times.

EAZYE

just touched down in Boston.  Going to opening day tomorrow to see the sox receive their world series rings and slam down a couple of fenway franks and cold brews. 8-)
I painted my name on the back of a leaf
and I watched it float away

LEATHER KID

Celebrated another MULE DAY this weekend. (Columbia, Tn is the mule capital of the world).  We really don't need any reasons to throw keg parties but this one was badass!
IT'S ALL FUCKIN' CHEESE!!

easy jim

QuoteCelebrated another MULE DAY this weekend. (Columbia, Tn is the mule capital of the world).  We really don't need any reasons to throw keg parties but this one was badass!

Yes it was.  This one was badass.
So soon after payday, know it seemed a shame!

ManNamedTruth

QuoteJoined a Friday night softball league. Today was the first practice. Haven't played in a league in a long time. Hit and caught flys quite well. Cannot wait for the season to start. Nothing like Friday night softball leagues. Usually lots of beer is involved. Good times, goooood times.

softball is great fun but i can't catch a fly ball if my life depended on it, i usually like to pitch because of that. i must have some depth perception problem.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

mjkoehler

QuoteJoined a Friday night softball league. Today was the first practice. Haven't played in a league in a long time. Hit and caught flys quite well. Cannot wait for the season to start. Nothing like Friday night softball leagues. Usually lots of beer is involved. Good times, goooood times.

softball is great fun but i can't catch a fly ball if my life depended on it, i usually like to pitch because of that. i must have some depth perception problem.
I have more fun running around like a crazy man, plus I can drink more beer that way (sweat it out, drink, run, sweat it out, repeat)

BTW, I can barely f'n move today. Sad considering I run/work out at least 3-4 times a week.

Jenny

school for the first time in 3 weeks tomorrrow. i'm actually sort of excited... :-/

SMc55

Quoteschool for the first time in 3 weeks tomorrrow. i'm actually sort of excited... :-/
It'll be good to get back to normal for a while.

I'm off to the Caribbean today. Visiting Barbados, Tortola, St Maarten, St Kitts, Antigua and Dominica. Never been across the Atlantic before - kinda nervous  :-?

TEO

Quoteschool for the first time in 3 weeks tomorrrow. i'm actually sort of excited... :-/

I'm off to the Caribbean today. Visiting Barbados, Tortola, St Maarten, St Kitts, Antigua and Dominica. Never been across the Atlantic before - kinda nervous  :-?

Have a GREAT time Doc!   :)
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

TEO

Finally broke the 70 degree mark yesterday.   :)

SMc55

Thanks Teo  :D

TheBigChicken

Thanks Teo  :D
No need to be nervous you'll be there before you know it...have a couple on the flight ...I know it helps me...oh a valium isn't too bad either :)
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

Chills

Enjoy the Carribean sunsets Doc  8-)

BH

Awesome!  Have fun Doc!   Sooooo jealous. ;)
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

megalicious

i was asked to be on the advisory council for the "big brothers big sisters" of my area!

:)
all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

dragonboy

JustFoundOutThatFilaBrazilliaAreRe-Releasing...Luck Be a Weirdo Tonight...A Touch of Cloth..&..Power Clown!!!

:D
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

TheBigChicken

Watering my TOTALLY ORGANIC garden with rain water collected from my rain barrel all the while listening to Both Band of Horses CD's and having beers. Oh,by the way my biggest tomato plant is 5 feet tall. Everything else is doing fine...I know some of you could really care less....but I know some of you care :)Will try and post some pics :-/
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

TEO

QuoteWatering my TOTALLY ORGANIC garden with rain water collected from my rain barrel all the while listening to Both Band of Horses CD's and having beers. Oh,by the way my biggest tomato plant is 5 feet tall. Everything else is doing fine...I know some of you could really care less....but I know some of you care :)Will try and post some pics :-/

I care and I wish I was there with you!   :)

Taterbug

QuoteWatering my TOTALLY ORGANIC garden with rain water collected from my rain barrel all the while listening to Both Band of Horses CD's and having beers. Oh,by the way my biggest tomato plant is 5 feet tall. Everything else is doing fine...I know some of you could really care less....but I know some of you care :)Will try and post some pics :-/

I saw an add for these tomato plants that grow upside down, it looks like a pretty cool idea, check it   here is the link

https://www.hangingtomato.com/?cid=486404
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

aMD

I think it's cool.  I'm getting more and more into gardening but I don't think I can do it in my small ass yard (city livin  >:( ) unless I chop down a huge tree and pull out my deck which we use a lot.  so I just have to be satisfied with landscaping the yard.  I'd like to start a garden or green house at school but I hate take on such a huge project without firsthand experience.

In other yard news, I'm falling a tree soon so I going to plant two more in it's place.  the arbor day foundation gives you ten free young trees when you become a member ($10 fee).  I'm going for the flowering trees collection.  more maintenance but more beauty as well.