TEO

QuoteI scored a 99 on my Math midterm.

Nice.

BADDA-BING!!!  :)
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

Jenny

Nice.

nice work! i wish i was a "math-person".

(last year with my math midterm [mind you, tenth grade level algebra II] i scored a 37... ;D that was not a great year.)

aMD

I'M GOING TO SEE BRANDON WEBB PITCH OPENING DAY IN CINCINNATI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow!  I'm so excited.  I know Webb from school and I have seen a ton of reds game, but NEVER on opening day!!!  This is going to be amazing.  I'm gonna show up early.  watch BP, see brandon warm up in the pin. Last time he pitched in cincy the whole town of ashland seemed to be there.  

mjkoehler

No matter what your team is, Opening Day is special.

[size=8]Especially when your office is 2 blocks from a stadium and you can smell the food and beer from the building.[/size]

Angry Ewok

Nice.

(last year with my math midterm [mind you, tenth grade level algebra II] i scored a 37... ;D that was not a great year.)

Sweetheart, I am no math person... I'm just like every other artist out there - I don't do the "numbers game" because I don't see how any of it past Math 110 is anything but useless theory... If it has no application in real life, I can't visualize it.

All that said, I had to start college in Math 098 because my entry scores were pretty low. That's Elementary Algebra, for the most part. The public school system totally failed me when it came to math, and I never realized how screwed I was until I had to withdraw from Math 098. I had to withdraw more than once. I withdrew from 110 more than once. This is my first shot at 116, which focuses more on hands-on math and less on theory... all a sudden, I'm doing good.

My secret is that I spent extra time teaching myself how to plug stuff in, so that I can literally grade my own papers. Learn to double check your answers, where possible. If you're given a variable and an equal sign, there's no excuse not to check your work. I actually graded my exam, I knew I had something like a 98 before leaving for Spring Break. The two points I missed had to do with the metric system, something you really can't check unless you have the conversion memorized.

--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

dragonboy

Alice Springs Chicken @ Outbacks...boy am I stuffed  :P
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

the_wizzard

My new birthday bike!  A combined gift from my 'rents and my husband (and that nice little rewards check from my credit card company)!  Now I can commute to work without driving or killing my back with my ancient (and heavy) mountain bike!

easy jim

just made it to Madrid via Toledo via Ciudad Real via Tangier via Fez via Marrakech and should be back in the states by tomorrow night...it´s a shame this all has to end but its been fuckin´great!

I´ll post a slew of pictures when I get home
So soon after payday, know it seemed a shame!

EC

Sweetheart, I am no math person... I'm just like every other artist out there - I don't do the "numbers game" because I don't see how any of it past Math 110 is anything but useless theory... If it has no application in real life, I can't visualize it.
i always did really good in math...  and the person i made records with took math for a year (pre req for the environmental science 2nd degree he was gonna take) and scored always in the high 90s.  and the new person who plays drums in our band is getting his masters in math.  and i do bookkeeping for part of what i do for my job.

just sayin'.  some people can dig the creative arts and the mathematical side of life. :)

escher!  da vinci!  bach!

also, that's a great mark, props angry ewok.

also, what i came here to post was that i am really enjoying this coffee that i made this morning, it is CRAZY strong, so after i fly to work i'm planning on takin' er ease - b/c it's FRIDAYYYY.

dragonboy

Quotejust made it to Madrid via Toledo via Ciudad Real via Tangier via Fez via Marrakech and should be back in the states by tomorrow night...it´s a shame this all has to end but its been fuckin´great!

I´ll post a slew of pictures when I get home
Good to hear from you EasyJ! Safe flight home, looking forward to seeing your pics  :)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

ycartrob

i always did really good in math...  and the person i made records with took math for a year (pre req for the environmental science 2nd degree he was gonna take) and scored always in the high 90s.  and the new person who plays drums in our band is getting his masters in math.  and i do bookkeeping for part of what i do for my job.

just sayin'.  some people can dig the creative arts and the mathematical side of life. :)

escher!  da vinci!  bach!

also, that's a great mark, props angry ewok.

also, what i came here to post was that i am really enjoying this coffee that i made this morning, it is CRAZY strong, so after i fly to work i'm planning on takin' er ease - b/c it's FRIDAYYYY.

I failed Algebra 4 times in high school    :-/   I was also smoking copius amounts of weed.

I used to think math was useless theory until someone challenged me to think of it as the oldest philosophy in the world and that every single living organism is an ordered and precise system of numbers.

Take the sacred number of 4; think of all the wonderful ways 4 occurs in the universe (we'll start with the seasons   ::) )

Jenny

Nice.

Sweetheart, I am no math person... I'm just like every other artist out there - I don't do the "numbers game" because I don't see how any of it past Math 110 is anything but useless theory... If it has no application in real life, I can't visualize it

i'm the same way, brad. i can't do it unless i can attach it with something else... i need to visualize it... geometry was a breeze. long division's my favorite. but fuckin' sin? cosin? WHAT!?!! the biggest problem is when they offer no explanation on why the cos of any number is .blahblahblah. with that said, i'm really good with numbers. i actually attach everything that follows an order with a number and subconsciously refer to nearly everything with numbers in my head...
(i actually just recently figured out why i couldn't differentiate between my lefts and my rights... i think it's actually sort of interesting. i'm a righty. so i associate that with the number 1. i always associated it with 1 even before i knew there was such things called 'lefts' and 'rights'.  yet reading (and interpreting) it's left from right. so the physical SIDE left is always the "primary" side 'cos it's the "stronger" side... so in the case of reading, and just generally, left is also associated with the number 1... SO if both left and right are both 1, even if it's in different contexts, i'm bound to get confused. i just sorted this out a few weeks ago and i can already now tell my lefts from rights without struggling.)

man i must sound crazy. and odd numbers usually aren't good. monday = 1 tuesday = 2 wednesday = 3 thursday = 4. friday doesnt' get 5. friday doesn't get 5 because it doesnt' sit right. friday actually doesn't have a number in my head.
i also attach colors to a lot of things that follow a succession (monday = red tuesday = light blue wednesday = yellow/grey thursday = green friday = white... 3 = tan 6 = green 2 = yellow august = brow september = orange june = light green... etc).

EC

everybody learns ways to associate and group information in their universe. :)  it's pretty normal in each individual head/sounds funny when talked about.

for example, as a way of "counting" the lamp posts on long car rides, i imagine a 2000 foot long machete that i'm holding out the car window, and i chop them down as we pass them and count them.  i've been doing that since i was really small.  a lot of people group things according to colours that they associate with them.  i spell everything - if you're talking to me, i'm typing it out with my fingers while you're talking to me.  the woman i work for, her wife, counts everything.  

i actually really like to think that we all figure out how to process information in our own way.  

Angry Ewok

Yeah, humans love to classify things.

I'm pwning Biology II, as well, by the way. While not as impressive as Math, my midterm in Biology II was an 82%. The class average was a 59%, so that sort of puts things into perspective for me. Right now my average in that class is an 85%... I had to get written consent from the department chair to take Biology II, because I dropped out of Biology I (which is more like Chemistry)...

Angry Ewok

QuoteI used to think math was useless theory until someone challenged me to think of it as the oldest philosophy in the world and that every single living organism is an ordered and precise system of numbers.

Another Current Joy -

SPRING A-DAY GAME IS IN TWO WEEKS! ROLL TIDE!

TEO

MIZZOU Black and Gold game on 4-19. I believe it is going to be on ESPNU channel.
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

Angry Ewok

It's unlikely that Missouri will be facing us in the National Title game, so I really do hope the best for them this season.

;)

BH

QuoteMIZZOU Black and Gold game on 4-19. I believe it is going to be on ESPNU channel.

Sweet!

Brad, don't worry, the tide will be back in MU's class someday soon. ;)
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

pawpaw

Baseball season starts next week! I got to go to the A's/Giants game last night, had a blast (even though it was drizzling). Both teams look to be pretty poor this year, the Giants could actually be the worst team in the league, but it'll still be great to get to some games.
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."