Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjkoehler

Mike, go to the show. Be happy.  I don't understand why your wife is angry?  Because she doesn't want you to be happy?
You know, there are days that I feel that. She just hates that I spend money to go to shows. I take her out and offer to take her to shows that she would want to go to (Wicked, Rent, Phantom, Josh Groban......I try to take one for the team) but nope. I'm going, I cannot pass up Supergrass. That would be like trying to pass up the Jacket. Oh wait, I'm not passin them up when they come back to town either. The couch is looking comfy I guess.  ;)

Jenny

got the unreleased animal collective EP.
though it's pretty unimpressive, it's nice to hear.
also, i feel less sick. good news.

aMD

Mike, go to the show. Be happy.  I don't understand why your wife is angry?  Because she doesn't want you to be happy?
You know, there are days that I feel that. She just hates that I spend money to go to shows. I take her out and offer to take her to shows that she would want to go to (Wicked, Rent, Phantom, Josh Groban......I try to take one for the team) but nope. I'm going, I cannot pass up Supergrass. That would be like trying to pass up the Jacket. Oh wait, I'm not passin them up when they come back to town either. The couch is looking comfy I guess.  ;)

I don't want to start anything or draw any conclusions but from what I gather from your posts here you sacrifice a LOT for your wife and kids.  If your wife doesn't understand why you need to go to a rock and roll concert every now and then, then that's her problem not yours.  Go rock out, be happy, and don't let your budget or your wife take away what you love.

Sorry if I'm way off base, but that's my take on it.

megalicious

i love old highways. it's cool to see all the hotels and restaurants--all the tourist attractions that existed before the interstate system homogenized it all.

[size=24]Yes![/size]   :)

if you take the interstate, you miss things like:

all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

mjkoehler

QuoteI don't want to start anything or draw any conclusions but from what I gather from your posts here you sacrifice a LOT for your wife and kids.  If your wife doesn't understand why you need to go to a rock and roll concert every now and then, then that's her problem not yours.  Go rock out, be happy, and don't let your budget or your wife take away what you love.

Sorry if I'm way off base, but that's my take on it.
No, I think you pretty much hit the nail on the head.

mjkoehler

Quoteif you take the interstate, you miss things like:

That's awesome Meg. I love kitchy things like that. I would love to just take time and explore some of the "back roads" and see true Americana. The food is usually better/more soulful also.

megalicious

That's awesome Meg. I love kitchy things like that. I would love to just take time and explore some of the "back roads" and see true Americana. The food is usually better/more soulful also.

did you, by chance, watch alton brown's "feasting on asphault?" this show mirrored these sentiments.

i think my dream vacation would be taking a convertible and trying to follow route 66 as much as i could (a lot of it is gone now). that would be awesome.

mjkoehler

did you, by chance, watch alton brown's "feasting on asphault?" this show mirrored these sentiments.

i think my dream vacation would be taking a convertible and trying to follow route 66 as much as i could (a lot of it is gone now). that would be awesome.

Yep, both of them and loved them. Now if we can some how get him and Anthony Bourdaine to do a travel/eating show together. Tony shares similiar sentiments.

megalicious

they should do this show. and hire me as a production assistant.

whothrewthecake

dragonboy

God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

red

dragonboy

Quote14 / 16
*cough*BULLSHIT*cough*  ;)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

mjkoehler

a measly 12/16. And I call myself a LOTR and Harry Potter fan. I cannot tell a dog from a wizard

fitzcarraldo

14/16

the most obvious one got me  >:(

whothrewthecake

i got 13/16. THAT TRICKY ONE MAKES ME SO MAD.

ManNamedTruth

12/16 thought i did better than that
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

ycartrob

I got 0/16 because frankly those idiots don't know the difference between a dog and a wizard.

kyjed48

Quote12/16 thought i did better than that

Yep, me too.

[url="//myspace.com/mybrotherbenjamin"]myspace.com/mybrotherbenjamin[/url]

vespachick

QuoteI got 0/16 because frankly those idiots don't know the difference between a dog and a wizard.
;D ;D ;D

13/16, but I was robbed. I blame the chardonnay. :-[
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked