Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aMillionDreams

Quoteyuck! veggies!  just joking.  Planting season's done in KY, unless you're planting grass or greens.  I'm bringing two truckloads of compost over to my place in a couple weeks and double digging it in.  Should be backbreaking work but my plants will thank me next year.  I'm also going to establish a new garden bed on my side yard this week and try to build raised veggie beds out back by next spring.  we'll see how it goes.
:) :) :)good backbreaking work...We have a small compost pile(with a dog safeguard) of course. Do you have a rain barrel as well? I DIG GARDENING!!!!!!!!!!!! :-* :-*

I LOVE gardening too.  I love teaching but I so want to move to Oregon and be an organic farmer!

I have a rainbarrell I made myself.  I bought an empty 55 galloon bucket from the local organic gardening store, cut the top off and replaced it with some landscape cloth with rocks on top.  I'm thinking about making another one.  the price is right compared to the ones they sell for hundreds of dollars.  

I also have a few small compost piles but with fall leaves falling I think I'm going to make a new, larger one soon.

My neighborhood unfortunately has nothing but clay subsoil, no topsoil so I've been amending the soil for a year now in preparation for next year.  My gardens currently look like a whole lot of nothing, but this time next year they should be rocking it.

What's your set-up like? I remember you put in a greenhouse.  how's it working?  is it difficult regulate temps/humidity?
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

red

I think I've finally found a place in Saskatoon!  Been looking to make the move for a couple of months and things are finally starting to come together.  

I've also stumbled on this treasure trove: http://archives.cbc.ca/search?q=Leonard+Cohen&RTy=0&RC=1&RP=1&RD=1&RA=0&th=1&x=0&y=0  

ManNamedTruth

Meeting TEO (I've been mispronouncing your screen name) last night at the Columbus show. I could tell from your posts you'd be very nice and a cool guy to meet. Thanks for the "What Would JJ Do?" wristband, I'll wear it to all future jacket shows. Don't forget to add me on myspace.....
Hope to meet some more of you at future shows.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

Dee.

QuoteThe leaves are starting to change colour. It doesn't get any prettier for me than Ontario in the fall.
Mmm leaves changing color. Tomorrow after work I am going for a long walk through some trees. OCTOBER 4 EVA.

dragonboy

QuoteThe leaves are starting to change colour. It doesn't get any prettier for me than Ontario in the fall.
Mmm leaves changing color. Tomorrow after work I am going for a long walk through some trees. OCTOBER 4 EVA.
Quite right!

My current joy is Peppa Pig, a fantastic show that I discovered on Cartoon Network recently!!!

[media]http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=RLyBTBzOeWY[/media]
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

bowl of soup

As of about 2 a.m tomorrow, I will be unreachable by any means until Sunday.
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

aMillionDreams

Dee.  It's awesome to see you!  Check yo pms!

TheBigChicken

Quoteyuck! veggies!  just joking.  Planting season's done in KY, unless you're planting grass or greens.  I'm bringing two truckloads of compost over to my place in a couple weeks and double digging it in.  Should be backbreaking work but my plants will thank me next year.  I'm also going to establish a new garden bed on my side yard this week and try to build raised veggie beds out back by next spring.  we'll see how it goes.
:) :) :)good backbreaking work...We have a small compost pile(with a dog safeguard) of course. Do you have a rain barrel as well? I DIG GARDENING!!!!!!!!!!!! :-* :-*

I LOVE gardening too.  I love teaching but I so want to move to Oregon and be an organic farmer!

I have a rainbarrell I made myself.  I bought an empty 55 galloon bucket from the local organic gardening store, cut the top off and replaced it with some landscape cloth with rocks on top.  I'm thinking about making another one.  the price is right compared to the ones they sell for hundreds of dollars.  

I also have a few small compost piles but with fall leaves falling I think I'm going to make a new, larger one soon.

My neighborhood unfortunately has nothing but clay subsoil, no topsoil so I've been amending the soil for a year now in preparation for next year.  My gardens currently look like a whole lot of nothing, but this time next year they should be rocking it.

What's your set-up like? I remember you put in a greenhouse.  how's it working?  is it difficult regulate temps/humidity?
I made our rainbarrell as well. We never put up a greenhouse. Unfortunately space is an issue. I love Oregon and the whole northwest. Beautiful country. So green :)
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

Dee.

Done and done. Nice to see you too!

aMillionDreams

Done and done. Nice to see you too!

:-*

TEO

Had a good day at work, the puppy got an A+ when I got home, it is 75 degrees in the middle of October, saw MMJ earlier this week, and one more work day before the weekend. All is right in my world.......
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

purvis9876

Being off of probation

Getting an extended weekend until Tuesday

Disc Golf

Rock Band 2

Leaving tomorrow for Starkville to see Vandy and the Bulldogs play

Good Good Things!  :)
Evey: Are you, like, a crazy person?
V: I am quite sure they will say so.

The DARK

Disc Golf

I thought I was alone here! Were you at the USDGC in Rock Hill?  :)
In another time, in another place, in another face

purvis9876

Disc Golf

I wasn't, but I heard about Doss winning it. Were you there? Few things bring me more pleasure than a good round of disc golf.

bearass

i play a round of disc everyday theres a course within walking distance of my house hat discs do you throw?

The DARK

Disc Golf

I wasn't, but I heard about Doss winning it. Were you there? Few things bring me more pleasure than a good round of disc golf.

I was there. Doss did win, but Paul put up a great performance. He's what, 16? And he's already challenging the big guns.

And yes, Winthrop Gold is a BEAST of a course.
In another time, in another place, in another face

purvis9876

Quotei play a round of disc everyday theres a course within walking distance of my house hat discs do you throw?

All Innova. Leopard fairway driver, Valkyrie distance driver, and a Pig putt and approach. I have some other discs for certain things, but these are my main three. And yourself?

bearass

i throw an avenger its got crazy right to left action,a valk and an old ass aviar putter i used to throw an orc but the avenger took that spot

purvis9876

Quotei throw an avenger its got crazy right to left action,a valk and an old ass aviar putter i used to throw an orc but the avenger took that spot

Nice. What's the course like that you play? Open? Wooded?

bearass

it used to be pretty wooded but then we had the two great ice storms the last couple of years and they had to chop down a bunch of them and still to this day they are having to remove some its only a par three so its nothing special there is another par 3 across town with pine trees everywhere ive lost so many discs in that bastard