Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

megalicious

ooooh! i just got some news about my making a lot more $$ this summer!

8-)
all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

mjkoehler

Today, other then work which pretty much sucked sweaty donkey balls, was a great day. I'm on a 4 day weekend. I went to a great lunch with my best friends. mmmmmm goat cheese and roasted tomato crepe mmmmm. I had a really nice note from a long lost friend that I've been in touch with lately. Donations are coming in good for the charity I'm running for makes me think I'll hit my goal way sooner then I thought. Plus I started my day with Portishead and Morcheeba on the commute in. Plus this song.Makes.Me.Smile.

I think whatever issue I have been having is getting better. All I needed was time. It may get worse soon as there will be a "meeting" but time will tell on that on.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVThzJppeRk[/media]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVThzJppeRk

TEO

QuoteThe lilacs are blooming, their perfume is wafting through my open windows.  I love Spring!
I cut some Lilacs yesterday and put them on the kitchen table so crazylove could smell them when she came home from work... :)
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

red

I'm up and going and it's 6am.  I forgot how much I like mornings (when I'm not dreadfully tired).

mjkoehler

QuoteI'm up and going and it's 6am.  I forgot how much I like mornings (when I'm not dreadfully tired).
or hung over

FACE

i have 20 days of school left.

red

Went for a 3 hour bike ride after a nine hour work day.  It was perfect.  Next time I'll take my camera so I can show off the city I'm so in love with.

mjkoehler

Morning sun rises, good tea, and 2 days off from work. The house is quiet as the kiddos are still asleep so I have the relaxing sound of the clock ticking in the background.

red

QuoteMorning sun rises, good tea, and 2 days off from work. The house is quiet as the kiddos are still asleep so I have the relaxing sound of the clock ticking in the background.
[smiley=thumbup.gif]

I'm not sore from my gigantic bike ride last night, that's my current joy.  

mjkoehler

QuoteMorning sun rises, good tea, and 2 days off from work. The house is quiet as the kiddos are still asleep so I have the relaxing sound of the clock ticking in the background.
[smiley=thumbup.gif]

I'm not sore from my gigantic bike ride last night, that's my current joy.  
That's good. 3 hours on a bike can be a bit uncomfortable to say the least. Kinda like visiting those special huts in Soulard.

.Walt

Tennyball game tonight! Or tennis-baseball if you wanna be a dick about it  ;)  Two hours until first pitch. You know tennyball right? You know, the game you played with your neighborhood friends when you were 6? Yeah, we still ball. But this time...I'm not going home when the streetlights turn on. Sorry mom, but I'm 25 so start treating me like an adult!  
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

capt. scotty

QuoteTennyball game tonight! Or tennis-baseball if you wanna be a dick about it  ;)  Two hours until first pitch. You know tennyball right? You know, the game you played with your neighborhood friends when you were 6? Yeah, we still ball. But this time...I'm not going home when the streetlights turn on. Sorry mom, but I'm 25 so start treating me like an adult!  

Real Tennyball would be baseball rules but not only the tennis ball, you use a tennis racket though, no?

That said, I did love the sweet feeling of aluminum contacting green felt  8-)
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

.Walt

Tennis ball, yes. Tennis racket, no. Same rules pretty much. We play on a softball field. Home plate is usually from the pitchers rubber. No gloves, and pitchers hand rule apply. If the ball hits the infield dirt, the batter is out. Two foul balls and you're out. 4 on 4, but 3 on 3 works too.

It's pretty fun, but we all are over 25 with jobs. It keeps getting harder and harder to get a game in. So far my team is 3-1.  8-)

capt. scotty

Interesting rules. Do you play if the baserunner gets pegged with the ball, theyre out?

You should

The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

red

QuoteThat's good. 3 hours on a bike can be a bit uncomfortable to say the least. Kinda like visiting those special huts in Soulard.
Haha, I'd be more than comfortable with a visit to those huts right about now.  Actually, I'd trade a hut visit for a pint of Drewes.

;) ;D 8-)

.Walt

QuoteInteresting rules. Do you play if the baserunner gets pegged with the ball, theyre out?

You should

;D

are you seriously asking? or did you just wanna post a sweet pic?

but yeah, they'd be out.

mjkoehler

QuoteThat's good. 3 hours on a bike can be a bit uncomfortable to say the least. Kinda like visiting those special huts in Soulard.
Haha, I'd be more than comfortable with a visit to those huts right about now.  Actually, I'd trade a hut visit for a pint of Drewes.

;) ;D 8-)
Damn, I wants some BAD. It's been almost a years since I had a BIg Apple Concrete

.Walt

Follow up on tennyball. 2-0 last night against the rival. 1-1 after we switched the teams. Needless to say my bat was on fire. But I pulled my groin trying to make the play in right. I'm like Manny. Good stick, but let's be honest, we both are defensive liabilities. I also pimped a single like Manny. Thought it was out for sure.  8-)

goodjam2bn

my family.    
Also:air conditioning
a clear night sky
a clear left lane
salty food
volume
sleep
Z
Ride the music wave and wipe out really good!

aMillionDreams

QuoteTennis ball, yes. Tennis racket, no. Same rules pretty much. We play on a softball field. Home plate is usually from the pitchers rubber. No gloves, and pitchers hand rule apply. If the ball hits the infield dirt, the batter is out. Two foul balls and you're out. 4 on 4, but 3 on 3 works too.

It's pretty fun, but we all are over 25 with jobs. It keeps getting harder and harder to get a game in. So far my team is 3-1.  8-)

That sounds like fun.  We played with a tennis racket but stopped once nearly everyone could get a HR every AB.  :)
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]