Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vadie Stark

Not 100 degrees today  :)  only 85  8-)
Not the one thing. I used to think I
could at least some way put things right.

.Walt

I'm not one to toot my own horn or anything, but I will.

Last fall, I stopped smoking the ooo-wicky...for 2 months. Got active, and lost a bunch of weight. Also last fall I said I started back up again, and predicted I'd gain it all back. Yes, over the winter I gained a bunch of it back, but you can do that over a Minnesota winter. Anyways to my current joy, I'm under 200 pounds. Sure I'm still "over-weight", but I haven't been under 2bills since maybe 8th or 9th grade (10 years ago), and that was before puberty. The most I've ever weighed I believe was 290, in 11th grade. Before I started out I think I weighed 275 or something. Still trying for more, but I'm pretty proud of myself. I'll try to post some before and after pics, so you can believe me.
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

red

QuoteI'm not one to toot my own horn or anything, but I will.

Last fall, I stopped smoking the ooo-wicky...for 2 months. Got active, and lost a bunch of weight. Also last fall I said I started back up again, and predicted I'd gain it all back. Yes, over the winter I gained a bunch of it back, but you can do that over a Minnesota winter. Anyways to my current joy, I'm under 200 pounds. Sure I'm still "over-weight", but I haven't been under 2bills since maybe 8th or 9th grade (10 years ago), and that was before puberty. The most I've ever weighed I believe was 290, in 11th grade. Before I started out I think I weighed 275 or something. Still trying for more, but I'm pretty proud of myself. I'll try to post some before and after pics, so you can believe me.
[smiley=beer.gif]  (It's a Coor's Light, we're cool.)

For real though, that's some seriously impressive work Capt.  [smiley=thumbup.gif]

Taterbug

Good for you Walts, It's gotta be hard to do in the land of the Pasties. I love'em, kinda like a hot pocket but with tasty goodness inside.  I always put on some pounds on in the winter and work it off doing yardwork in the spring. By the time summer rolls around I'm ready to stuff myself back into my speedo and shave my back and off I go to oak street beach  ;)... I don't really own a speedo but my wife does shave my back.  Thats true love when a women will shave your back.

If you stay active and stressed out it should help to keep off the poundage. And stop eating a box of Ho Ho's before bed when you get the muchies.

"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

Penny Lane

yeah, keep staying active! that's the key (although avoiding any kind of hostess product in general helps, too) congrats, walt!
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Vadie Stark

Listening to the Shoreline Dead shows and burning for/with friends 8-)

TEO

I have Love Dog as My Brother in Jackethood... :)
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

FACE

I don' tknow if you guys know Derek Erdman
http://www.derekerdman.com/paintings.htm
but he is an awesome artist and he sent me this awesome painting of Shelley Duvall

for half price 'cos he liked my name (Jenny Joyal)

and now I'm famous!

http://www.derekerdman.com/menu/menu,%20ole!.htm

NO NEED FOR PRACTICE: Jenny Joyal
http://www.derekerdman.com/ilovemilkshakes/may2009/NORMAN_LOOK_AROUND/UP/jenny_joyal.jpg

PRETTY COOL!
LOTS OF LINKS
CHECK THEM ALL.

megalicious

i'm going to kentucky this weekend to visit friends and family!
:)
all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

Penny Lane

i got a 3.5 this semester!!--there is a chance i'll graduate law school w/a reputable GPA just yet...on top of working a FT job and posting on this forum (my 3rd FT job :-) ) now i can celebrate ! literally, starting tonight at happy hour.....
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Ruckus

Quotei got a 3.5 this semester!!--there is a chance i'll graduate law school w/a reputable GPA just yet...on top of working a FT job and posting on this forum (my 3rd FT job :-) ) now i can celebrate ! literally, starting tonight at happy hour.....

Congratulations PL!  This will be a Happy Hour to not remember ;D
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

capt. scotty

Quotei got a 3.5 this semester!!--there is a chance i'll graduate law school w/a reputable GPA just yet...on top of working a FT job and posting on this forum (my 3rd FT job :-) ) now i can celebrate ! literally, starting tonight at happy hour.....

very niiice!
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

mjkoehler

Good job my dear. Have a drink on me!

TEO

INDY!!!   'nuff said... :)
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

Vadie Stark

Portland in July.  8-)  Only a little more than a month to go.  :)

BH

QuoteI don' tknow if you guys know Derek Erdman
http://www.derekerdman.com/paintings.htm
but he is an awesome artist and he sent me this awesome painting of Shelley Duvall

for half price 'cos he liked my name (Jenny Joyal)

and now I'm famous!

http://www.derekerdman.com/menu/menu,%20ole!.htm

NO NEED FOR PRACTICE: Jenny Joyal
http://www.derekerdman.com/ilovemilkshakes/may2009/NORMAN_LOOK_AROUND/UP/jenny_joyal.jpg

PRETTY COOL!
LOTS OF LINKS
CHECK THEM ALL.

Would you tell him to make some bumper stickers out of this one.....

"Hang It Up"
May 2009

People are on the phone all of the time. What are they talking about? If you listen in to their conversations, they are like: "um" and "uh" and "what's up?" and "lol". People do not say "lol" out loud yet, do they? That's terrible.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Angry Ewok

I saw a trailer hitch that was a replica of an anti-personnel Claymore Mine and for the next ten minutes (traffic) I just imagined how awesome that'd be.

--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

ALady

Very nice, penny!  Congrats!   :)
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

fleabag

I second that, Penny!!

Very nice, penny!  Congrats!   :)
...words only got in the way