Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sassbox

The left hand is considered unclean. Although I understand (via an Indian student we sponsor) that some communities permit eating with the left hand if one is left handed.
God sure baked a lot of fruitcake, baby.

Sparkle

QuoteIn a couple weeks I will be doing something I've always dreamed of. A fresh start. I'm going to pack up my car and say "fare thee well" to the midwest and head for Boulder. I have no idea what's going to happen, but I have a feeling its going to be great.

Wow, that's great!! Scary but very exciting  :)

I promised myself I'd find a new job this year... it seems a change is on the cards for a few people here.

Wishing you all the best, Soulshine!

Sassbox

Somehow, I missed Soulshine's news. All the best to you, girl!  Get ALady to give you the name of the chai place in Boulder.

My current joy is that sometime this year -- and it's looking like summer -- me and 29 other lucky souls are going to sit in someone's living room while Jeff Tweedy plays for us.  My Christmas gift was a chance to bid on this show and my group won.  :D

mjkoehler

QuoteSomehow, I missed Soulshine's news. All the best to you, girl!  Get ALady to give you the name of the chai place in Boulder.

My current joy is that sometime this year -- and it's looking like summer -- me and 29 other lucky souls are going to sit in someone's living room while Jeff Tweedy plays for us.  My Christmas gift was a chance to bid on this show and my group won.  :D
I not a fan of JT or Wilco, but even I have to admit that f'n awesome!

Sassbox

Thanks! Kind of surprises me that you're not a fan since we seem to have a lot of other bands/musicians in common.

Sparkle

QuoteMy current joy is that sometime this year -- and it's looking like summer -- me and 29 other lucky souls are going to sit in someone's living room while Jeff Tweedy plays for us.  My Christmas gift was a chance to bid on this show and my group won.  :D

That's awesome! You definitely win the prize for best xmas present ever...

capt. scotty

QuoteSomehow, I missed Soulshine's news. All the best to you, girl!  Get ALady to give you the name of the chai place in Boulder.

Thats one of the coolest things Ive ever heard.

Where could you bid on something like this?! Were other bands/musicians possibilities too?
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

mjkoehler

QuoteThanks! Kind of surprises me that you're not a fan since we seem to have a lot of other bands/musicians in common.
Yeah, I've tried to like them for a while and just can't. Most people are shocked that I'm not a fan.

Sassbox

It was part of an annual benefit, Capt.  Jeff supposedly said this is the last year he's doing it, so I'm doubly grateful I have a chance to participate.

weeniebeenie

The news that Soundgarden are reuniting is a huge current joy.
How loud can silence get?

mjkoehler

QuoteThe news that Soundgarden are reuniting is a huge current joy.
[smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Penny Lane

congrats!! that's insane...:-)
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Sassbox

Yo! I was just looking for you.  You have my e-mail? leperilloux@aol.com

Soulshine

Thank you everyone! Your support and words of encouragement mean more than you know! XOXO

Sass-that is a super badass gift! I'm not a Wilco fan, but I can certainly appreciate the awesomeness.

Soundgarden news made my day even better than it was! w00t!
Because we're all in this together...

capt. scotty

Not exactly a joy, but at dinner tonight my mom called a "family meeting" about doing stuff around the house...first time this happened, so not sure how they usually work, but it had my sisters fighting over which one gets to clean the bathrooms  ;D

The joy is ill be back at school in less than a week and not have to worry about cleaning stuff up  8-)
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

mjkoehler

Love that I still smell like delicious BBQ smoke from lunch, which was almost 2 hours ago. The smoke is now embedded in my clothes. I may never wash this shirt again.

dragonboy

I almost didn't got for a run today (my sister lives in a small village, there's been lots of snow but none of the roads have been cleared so it's pretty slippery) but forced myself after seeing cracks of crimson between the clouds @ sunset.
My usual route was too icy so I turned off into a new street, which led me out into the Norfolk countryside. It was a fantastic feeling running alongside the snow-covered fields as the sun set without another soul in sight. I had my player on random & some great tracks came on (Bermuda Highway, Tim Buckley, Massive Attack, Pentangle, Mogwai, Mono etc) & it just felt really great to be alive.
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

Soulshine

QuoteI almost didn't got for a run today (my sister lives in a small village, there's been lots of snow but none of the roads have been cleared so it's pretty slippery) but forced myself after seeing cracks of crimson between the clouds @ sunset.
My usual route was too icy so I turned off into a new street, which led me out into the Norfolk countryside. It was a fantastic feeling running alongside the snow-covered fields as the sun set without another soul in sight. I had my player on random & some great tracks came on (Bermuda Highway, Tim Buckley, Massive Attack, Pentangle, Mogwai, Mono etc) & it just felt really great to be alive.

That is GREAT! I haven't been running in so long...your post made me remember that feeling. Must get back to it once the temps are above 0!
Because we're all in this together...

mjkoehler

QuoteI almost didn't got for a run today (my sister lives in a small village, there's been lots of snow but none of the roads have been cleared so it's pretty slippery) but forced myself after seeing cracks of crimson between the clouds @ sunset.
Nice! Yet another reason I need to go there.

I have no excuse for not going outside to run right now other then it's been 11F out and that's just too cold. I'd be wearing 20 lbs of clothes to prevent the wind from cuttin through me.

dragonboy

I've been jogging a fair bit recently - no gym so I don't have any other options. It can be a chore but I do enjoy it most days & on a really good day when all the needed body parts are working properly & you hit that groove it's an amazing feeling.

How far do you guys run? I'm still a bit of a novice & usually only go about 4miles...not quite as impressive as marathon-man-Mike!  :-[ ;)
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.