Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon T.

Thanks guys!  I definitely do realize it TEO!  Sometimes I do get envious reading about all trips/concerts/good times shared but, man, I really wouldn't change one thing about my life  :beer:  Well...except for maybe that rash I picked up Thailand a couple years back...  ;D

pawpaw

Quote from: Jon T. on Mar 31, 2011, 10:38 AM
Thanks guys!  I definitely do realize it TEO!  Sometimes I do get envious reading about all trips/concerts/good times shared but, man, I really wouldn't change one thing about my life  :beer:  Well...except for maybe that rash I picked up Thailand a couple years back...  ;D

Aside from your rash ( ;D) , I sympathize and agree with you completely! Best of luck to you and your family as you head down the home stretch toward the birth of your new baby!
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

bowl of soup

Quote from: bbill on Mar 31, 2011, 01:16 PM

Aside from your rash ( ;D) , I sympathize and agree with you completely! Best of luck to you and your family as you head down the home stretch toward the birth of your new baby!

We got our ass kicked today by those storms that hit you yesterday - quarter-sized hail that my daughter wanted to collect and freeze as a keepsake.  Kids rule; we spend all day bitching about the inconvenience of rain and our kids celebrate it.  I saw an interview with Mac from Superchunk and he was asked about the song on the new album, "My Gap Feels Weird."  After going on and on about the lyrics and the generational implications of the song, he finally admits that the song was inspired by his daughter losing a tooth and telling him that the gap in her teeth "felt weird."  For you:

http://www.youtube.com/v/rGmXWSRtmbk?version=3 (ftp://www.youtube.com/v/rGmXWSRtmbk?version=3)
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

johnnYYac

Quote from: bowl of soup on Mar 31, 2011, 03:43 PM
Quote from: bbill on Mar 31, 2011, 01:16 PM

We got our ass kicked today by those storms that hit you yesterday - quarter-sized hail that my daughter wanted to collect and freeze as a keepsake.  Kids rule; we spend all day bitching about the inconvenience of rain and our kids celebrate it.  I saw an interview with Mac from Superchunk and he was asked about the song on the new album, "My Gap Feels Weird."  After going on and on about the lyrics and the generational implications of the song, he finally admits that the song was inspired by his daughter losing a tooth and telling him that the gap in her teeth "felt weird."  For you:
Superchunk 'My Gap Feels Weird' Live at The Magic Stick 12/10/10 Detroit
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

woodnymph

Wooooo new header image!!! Nice-a-roooo!  It's onnnnnn!
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

Crispy

Post-birthday hangover.  ::)
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

woodnymph

Quote from: Crispy on Apr 02, 2011, 10:38 AM
Post-birthday hangover.  ::)
8)

1.) I got the weekend off to visit my family back home!! My brother from NH and his wife (who just had my little niece in November) are bringing her down to Pitt this weekend, and my brand new job is letting me have the weekend off to head up and see everyone!

2.) Today was supposed to be my first day on the new job too, and they called me off at 7:30 this morning because of the rainy storminess weather  :P I had so much I wanted to do today too, since I went on the mini GA roadtrip and couldn't really prepare for the week, so that's a big help!

The DARK

The power not going out as expected last night was quite helpful for getting my homework done.
In another time, in another place, in another face

Jon T.

I had a pretty lousy day today and then came home to a nice surprise from johnnYYac.  You are an ambassador Mr. Yac.   Your "letterhead" brought a nice chuckle to my day.  I really, really appreciate it!    :beer:

darkglow

Quote from: Jon T. on Apr 05, 2011, 05:53 PM
I had a pretty lousy day today and then came home to a nice surprise from johnnYYac.  You are an ambassador Mr. Yac.   Your "letterhead" brought a nice chuckle to my day.  I really, really appreciate it!    :beer:

sweet... yeah yackster i got my YY and TMIGTS PT 2 bumper stickers in the mail.. im thinkin of gettin some sweet ones printed up myself and i'll send a few your way

johnnYYac

Quote from: darkglow on Apr 05, 2011, 06:11 PM
Quote from: Jon T. on Apr 05, 2011, 05:53 PM

sweet... yeah yackster i got my YY and TMIGTS PT 2 bumper stickers in the mail.. im thinkin of gettin some sweet ones printed up myself and i'll send a few your way
Cool.  Glad to oblige, boys. 
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

kydiddle

This gal finally got offered another job. Granted it's PT, but added to my current PT job, it equals what I made before I quit work to start grad school. I'll be working at a library AND an archives so it will definitely cushion my nerdly resume. It's not forever, but it's enough $$$ to get some things rollin'....

....this is all contingent on my passing a UA test Monday morning. You might see a subsequent post in the "Current Complaints" thread next week. *tugs nervously at shirt collar* I think I'll be fine, though...  :-\
Cow temperature.

tdb810

Quote from: kydiddle on Apr 08, 2011, 01:01 PM
This gal finally got offered another job. Granted it's PT, but added to my current PT job, it equals what I made before I quit work to start grad school. I'll be working at a library AND an archives so it will definitely cushion my nerdly resume. It's not forever, but it's enough $$$ to get some things rollin'....

....this is all contingent on my passing a UA test Monday morning. You might see a subsequent post in the "Current Complaints" thread next week. *tugs nervously at shirt collar* I think I'll be fine, though...  :-\

congrats Ky!! Golden Seal? Is that stuff still around? lol  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
.....Back at the Model Home

ALady

Uh oh - ky, did you get into the pretzels again?   ;)
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

Taterbug

Quote from: tdb810 on Apr 08, 2011, 01:09 PM
Quote from: kydiddle on Apr 08, 2011, 01:01 PM

congrats Ky!! Golden Seal? Is that stuff still around? lol  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Good luck,   Just tell them you just ate HUGE piece of poppy seed cake because you got the munchies from torchin up a joint on your way to pick up some blow.
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

Crispy

Quote from: ALady on Apr 08, 2011, 01:47 PM
Uh oh - ky, did you get into the pretzels again?   ;)

*tugs nervously at shirt collar*

Good luck -- I mean, enjoy that new job, Ky!
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

The DARK

Nice work KI! Hope it goes well.

Also, hearing a new MMJ snippet=  :)
In another time, in another place, in another face

kydiddle

;D ;D

Thanks all.
Cow temperature.

woodnymph

Fiiiinally met my niece Evie last weekend!!!

She fell asleep in my arms gripping onto my finger & hair  :P  One of the more surreal moments in life.........

just noticed the pillow behind me says "Blessings" on it too  :)

TheBigChicken

Quote from: woodnymph on Apr 12, 2011, 12:49 AM
Fiiiinally met my niece Evie last weekend!!!

She fell asleep in my arms gripping onto my finger & hair  :P  One of the more surreal moments in life.........

just noticed the pillow behind me says "Blessings" on it too  :)

nice pic Woody :thumbsup:
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry