Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bowl of soup

Quote from: Jon T. on Aug 09, 2011, 01:02 PM
Quote from: kydiddle on Aug 09, 2011, 12:53 PM
You ever have a tomato sandwich? Take a slice of bread and a big fat summer tomato. Preferably warm from a garden so this is really only good in the summer. Spread some Hellman's, add a fat tomato slice, salt, pepper, nom.

Shit yeah, I like tomato sammiches.

Fried Green tomato sandwich with bacon, lettuce, and that really soft peppery goat cheese that they sell in the fancy cheese bin on really great sour dough with half dijon/half mayo. I call this sandwich the Pensacola as it was first fed to me by a little old lady who owned a restaurant in P'cola that I used to wait tables at.
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

kydiddle

Quote from: bowl of soup on Aug 09, 2011, 03:52 PM
You ever have a tomato sandwich? Take a slice of bread and a big fat summer tomato. Preferably warm from a garden so this is really only good in the summer. Spread some Hellman's, add a fat tomato slice, salt, pepper, nom.

Fried Green tomato sandwich with bacon, lettuce, and that really soft peppery goat cheese that they sell in the fancy cheese bin on really great sour dough with half dijon/half mayo. I call this sandwich the Pensacola as it was first fed to me by a little old lady who owned a restaurant in P'cola that I used to wait tables at.

You had me at bacon.

Seriously. I WILL master this sandwich.
Cow temperature.

mjk73

Quote from: kydiddle on Aug 09, 2011, 10:53 PM
Quote from: bowl of soup on Aug 09, 2011, 03:52 PM

You had me at bacon.

Seriously. I WILL master this sandwich.
I think I just came in my pants reading about that sambich.

bowl of soup

Hard to find good green matos.  Really helps if your grow your own.
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

mjk73

Quote from: bowl of soup on Aug 10, 2011, 09:39 AM
Hard to find good green matos.  Really helps if your grow your own.
You mean like this?

ali

my "new" car... don't have pix to upload, but it's one of these babies:

http://www.google.com.au/imgres?q=citroen+ds&um=1&hl=en&safe=off&sa=N&tbm=isch&tbnid=8nkYlZhXuhvJoM:&imgrefurl=http://www.barcelonaphotoblog.com/2006/12/citroen-ds-classic-cars-at-auto-retro.html&docid=5FcfhTghSt6ILM&w=1280&h=851&ei=IsFCTu2IDOjwmAXQwe3cCQ&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=1372&vpy=480&dur=553&hovh=161&hovw=230&tx=125&ty=111&page=2&tbnh=161&tbnw=230&start=24&ndsp=24&ved=1t:429,r:11,s:24&biw=1680&bih=857

this is the same original colour as mine (it's been repainted a minty green toothpaste colour). when i get a few internal workings sorted (rewiring, replacing some brakes parts, restoring the interior) it will get a repaint. still trying to sort out a name for her, but she's lovely  :)
love a song for the way it makes you feel

megalicious

that is one sweet sexy ride, ali!
:o
all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

the_wizzard

Quote from: ali on Aug 10, 2011, 01:36 PM
my "new" car... don't have pix to upload, but it's one of these babies:

http://www.google.com.au/imgres?q=citroen+ds&um=1&hl=en&safe=off&sa=N&tbm=isch&tbnid=8nkYlZhXuhvJoM:&imgrefurl=http://www.barcelonaphotoblog.com/2006/12/citroen-ds-classic-cars-at-auto-retro.html&docid=5FcfhTghSt6ILM&w=1280&h=851&ei=IsFCTu2IDOjwmAXQwe3cCQ&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=1372&vpy=480&dur=553&hovh=161&hovw=230&tx=125&ty=111&page=2&tbnh=161&tbnw=230&start=24&ndsp=24&ved=1t:429,r:11,s:24&biw=1680&bih=857

this is the same original colour as mine (it's been repainted a minty green toothpaste colour). when i get a few internal workings sorted (rewiring, replacing some brakes parts, restoring the interior) it will get a repaint. still trying to sort out a name for her, but she's lovely  :)
Oh my goodness, I agree with Meg!  That is one sexy ride.  I love Citroens, so sleek and so classy...

YouAre_GivenToFly

Just finished up a 750+ mile, 2-city, 3-day trip to see a few MMJ shows and some activities in between. Only 8 days until my next MMJ show (Philly) and 18 days until my 10-day solo trip (Chicago, Montana, Seattle). This is turning out to be an awesome summer.
The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

woodnymph

Quote from: YouAre_GivenToFly on Aug 14, 2011, 01:35 AM
Just finished up a 750+ mile, 2-city, 3-day trip to see a few MMJ shows and some activities in between. Only 8 days until my next MMJ show (Philly) and 18 days until my 10-day solo trip (Chicago, Montana, Seattle). This is turning out to be an awesome summer.

Three words:  Hell. Yes.

Shewt man, that is no joke!!!!  Congrats on the marathon concert stretch there!  Glad Pitt was one of the stops!  And about this solo trip!  So are you hiking/camping all through Chi-town, Montana, and Seattle??  Or just a road trip of sorts?  Or... what's goin on with all that!  Solo roadtrips are usually pretty ground-breaking and/or life-changing.

My joy is definitely the aftershock of the Pitt & Merriweather shows.... that and a really informative Herbal Medicine book that I got in the mail while I was just away these past few days!!
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

YouAre_GivenToFly

Quote from: woodnymph on Aug 14, 2011, 02:02 AM

Shewt man, that is no joke!!!!  Congrats on the marathon concert stretch there!  Glad Pitt was one of the stops!  And about this solo trip!  So are you hiking/camping all through Chi-town, Montana, and Seattle??  Or just a road trip of sorts?  Or... what's goin on with all that!  Solo roadtrips are usually pretty ground-breaking and/or life-changing.

My joy is definitely the aftershock of the Pitt & Merriweather shows.... that and a really informative Herbal Medicine book that I got in while I was just away these past few days!!

I'm definitely still in the afterglow of Pittsburgh/Baltimore. Glad I don't have to work until Monday.

The trip out west is a mix of everything really. Flying into Chicago early in the morning... catch the Cubs game that afternoon. Meeting up with a college friend who lives in Chi now that night. The following morning I'm taking the train to Glacier Nat'l Park... renting a tiny cabin for 3 nights there... lots of hiking and photos. Then train to Seattle for 3 days to take in a Mariners game, an Iron & Wine show, and maybe a day at a beach or something while I'm out there.

I'm exhausted just thinking about all that.

woodnymph

Quote from: YouAre_GivenToFly on Aug 14, 2011, 02:08 AM

My joy is definitely the aftershock of the Pitt & Merriweather shows.... that and a really informative Herbal Medicine book that I got in while I was just away these past few days!!

I'm definitely still in the afterglow of Pittsburgh/Baltimore. Glad I don't have to work until Monday.

The trip out west is a mix of everything really. Flying into Chicago early in the morning... catch the Cubs game that afternoon. Meeting up with a college friend who lives in Chi now that night. The following morning I'm taking the train to Glacier Nat'l Park... renting a tiny cabin for 3 nights there... lots of hiking and photos. Then train to Seattle for 3 days to take in a Mariners game, an Iron & Wine show, and maybe a day at a beach or something while I'm out there.

Well that just sounds like bliss!!!  Definitely can't wait to see some pho-toes and can't wait to hear about the Iron & Wine show!!!!  (And I'm sure the Philly show is going to be pretty amazing!!)  Congrats on the Gooooood Life!!  :-D

woodnymph

BIRTHDAY INDIAN LUNCH BUFFET TODAYYYY!!!   :D :D :D

tdb810

Work is sending me to San Diego for 4 days in November, and I am stretching it out to 8 or 9 days and bringing bobster and chrissy!  Yay!
.....Back at the Model Home

Penny Lane

Quote from: tdb810 on Aug 17, 2011, 10:42 PM
Work is sending me to San Diego for 4 days in November, and I am stretching it out to 8 or 9 days and bringing bobster and chrissy!  Yay!

Sweet! I love San Diego. Chrissy will love the zoo!
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

ophidiophobia

I got offered a part-time job as a math tutor for middle school and high school tonight. It's with a different school than the one I teach at, but I'm really excited about having more individual time with the kids opposed to having a classroom full of kids. The job doesn't pay much but I think it will pay for the majority of my golfing.

capt. scotty

Have you ever been to Glacier?! Its awesome. Most beautiful place Ive ever seen. You will love that place. If youve never been there, you are in for a major treat.

Which also reminds me, I gotta post my pics from Glacier last year. I tried to run down a Ram to get a pic  ;D

Time to bump the Montana thread  :thumbsup:
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

YouAre_GivenToFly

Quote from: capt. scotty on Aug 18, 2011, 01:02 AM

Have you ever been to Glacier?! Its awesome. Most beautiful place Ive ever seen. You will love that place. If youve never been there, you are in for a major treat.

Which also reminds me, I gotta post my pics from Glacier last year. I tried to run down a Ram to get a pic  ;D

Time to bump the Montana thread  :thumbsup:

Never been, but looking forward to it big time. Post those pics!

mjk73

This. Some of you know who this is.

Jaimoe

Quote from: mjk73 on Aug 27, 2011, 07:24 PM
This. Some of you know who this is.

And I believe Meg's new daughter was born in the same hospital as I was (Kingston General in Kingston, Ontario), and her birth weight was the same as mine was too: 7lbs 14oz.