Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lucylew

I'm done working til next year!!!  And my boss, who hasn't given me a raise in 5 years, scheduled a performance review for next week.  He acknowledged that I'm due for some more moolah and said he'd be making an adjustment.  :beer:

johnnYYac

Quote from: lucylew on Dec 30, 2011, 05:58 PM
I'm done working til next year!!!  And my boss, who hasn't given me a raise in 5 years, scheduled a performance review for next week.  He acknowledged that I'm due for some more moolah and said he'd be making an adjustment.  :beer:
About time!  Sounds good to me.  :beer:  good luck!
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

aMillionDreams

One of my best buddies got married last night, I had a blast.  Some of you know him, he played bass for Your Evening Windbreaker at the first Jacketfest, Alan aka kimbosbread
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

Penny Lane

No way! I do remember him. Congratulate him from the forum!

Spent NYE weekend rocking out at the 9:30 club, look over and see Soto Pop (from this forum there). Each night ended up standing beside him. Crazy world of Trucker and MMJ fans.

Happy New Year!
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

woodnymph

Congrats to everyone's joyousness!!!  Happy 2012!!  Just wanted to pop on before I forget.... I had an MMJ mix on in the car today, and it's on Acoustic Chorale's Where to Begin... and right as he sings "It's the art of feeling naked.... in your clothes," the ART bus turns into my lane on the road hahahahh ("Asheville Redefines Transit")  Had to check and make sure my clothes were still on......  ;)  :P

Then just now I queued Can You See The Hard Helmet, and it's #420 on my queue list    8)

Fun Jackety day  :)  Hope everyone's real good!  I hope to catch up on here soon!   :-*
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

woodnymph

Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

Ghosts_on_TV

Quote from: aMillionDreams on Jan 01, 2012, 01:40 PM
One of my best buddies got married last night, I had a blast.  Some of you know him, he played bass for Your Evening Windbreaker at the first Jacketfest, Alan aka kimbosbread

Nice! Alan rules. Tell him I said Congrats and what up.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

YouAre_GivenToFly

The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

Hawkeye

Well, the last two days have been pretty surreal.  Found out Tuesday night that I've got a little one on the way.  Talked about it with my GF last night, and decided we should do the right thing and start a family...so we're now engaged  :-*  We had been dating around 8 months and had known each other for a little over a year.  Crazy days (or daze)!
We could.

mjk73

Quote from: Hawkeye on Jan 05, 2012, 09:24 AM
Well, the last two days have been pretty surreal.  Found out Tuesday night that I've got a little one on the way.  Talked about it with my GF last night, and decided we should do the right thing and start a family...so we're now engaged  :-*  We had been dating around 8 months and had known each other for a little over a year.  Crazy days (or daze)!
Wow. Congrats!

YouAre_GivenToFly

Wow congrats!

peafunk31

Congrats! :thumbsup:
Homer no function beer well without.

Penny Lane

Wow, Dan! Congrats!!
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

ALady

Congrats!!  Happy news!   :)
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

Fully

Congratulations! So exciting!

NoVa_NoLa

:beer:  Congrats!!

weeniebeenie

How loud can silence get?

YouAre_GivenToFly

One of my best pals is finally back from Afghanistan.
I've got a date on Saturday.

These 2 events are completely unrelated.

Jaimoe

I'm not sure if this is a Current Joy or Complaint, but this winter has been unseasonably mild. The temp has rarely dipped below 26-30F; many days the temperature reaches 40-48F. We should be getting temperatures somewhere in the 15-20F range, although for one day last week it was -9F. The online  Farenheit converter is great! It should get far colder in February. My complaint is that the mild weather spells disaster for the environment and farmers.

Taterbug

Quote from: Jaimoe on Jan 11, 2012, 02:27 PM
I'm not sure if this is a Current Joy or Complaint, but this winter has been unseasonably mild. The temp has rarely dipped below 26-30F; many days the temperature reaches 40-48F. We should be getting temperatures somewhere in the 15-20F range, although for one day last week it was -9F. The online  Farenheit converter is great! It should get far colder in February. My complaint is that the mild weather spells disaster for the environment and farmers.

It has been pretty damn nice, It's gonna be 50F today. We are going to get our first measurable snowfall tomorrow 2" - 4".   Every day without snow is a bonus to me, especially after all the snow we had last year.  It's bizarre seeing motorcycles on the road in January. 
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe