Baseball Thread...

Started by mother_earth, Feb 22, 2007, 12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leontheslut

You have the Pens and the Steelers. You can't win them all...  ;)
Klink Disclaimer: My posts are not to be taken seriously. They are all in jest. Please lighten up.

capt. scotty

QuoteYou have the Pens and the Steelers. You can't win them all...  ;)

What you talkin' bout?! There's mad buzz on the Buccos this year around here - of course there is, its April.

BUCs GON Win Da PeNNaNt!!!
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Jaimoe

The Jays are killing my second favourite team, Detroit, 9-1 in the bottom of the 6th. Halladay is Halladay and the young Toronto hitters are hitting to their potential.

Jbones72

Mets bullpen actually held a lead and got Johan a win today! A good sign!

Ruckus

QuoteThe Jays are killing my second favourite team, Detroit, 9-1 in the bottom of the 6th. Halladay is Halladay and the young Toronto hitters are hitting to their potential.

God, as a fantasy dork, is this the year that Adam Lind fulfills the hype or will he go the way of a mediocre version of Raul Ibanez? :P
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Ruckus

Cubbies win, O's win.  All is right in the world. :)

Jaimoe

QuoteThe Jays are killing my second favourite team, Detroit, 9-1 in the bottom of the 6th. Halladay is Halladay and the young Toronto hitters are hitting to their potential.

God, as a fantasy dork, is this the year that Adam Lind fulfills the hype or will he go the way of a mediocre version of Raul Ibanez? :P

Lind will have a good year. He's not going to have to worry about being sent down with Cito as manager, and Cito along with batting coach Gene Tennace are hands-on with all the batters (Cito is a former Jays batting coach). The Jays player to watch is 20-year-old Travis Snyder. He looks like he has all the tools to be a superstar.

Ruckus

capt. scotty

Buccos are 1-1...were .500 baby!!!  :D

..and Jaimoe, whats your prognosis on Vernon Wells, I got him on 1 of my fantasy teams? actually, I have Scott Downs on a team too, so him as well  :)
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Jaimoe

QuoteBuccos are 1-1...were .500 baby!!!  :D

..and Jaimoe, whats your prognosis on Vernon Wells, I got him on 1 of my fantasy teams? actually, I have Scott Downs on a team too, so him as well  :)

Downs is very useful middle relief pitcher, and the Jays will probably use him a lot given the unproven 2-5 starters. Wells needs to play healthy, but I doubt he'll make it through the season unscathed. He's a risky pick-up.

Ruckus

Off to see my boy Uehara Koji dominate the Yanks at Camden!

Vadie Stark

Not the one thing. I used to think I
could at least some way put things right.

.Walt

at first i thought he died or something. just a huge fan?

Tater, where's the junk talk? We're already 2 games in. Are you sick of the royals hype yet? I am!...although, if they ever turn out a good season, I'd be for it.
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

Vadie Stark

Tater, where's the junk talk? We're already 2 games in. Are you sick of the royals hype yet? I am!...although, if they ever turn out a good season, I'd be for it.
Hank beat Babe's record yesterday in history,thought it was obvious :)
Not the one thing. I used to think I
could at least some way put things right.

Leontheslut

The phillies game yesterday was phucking phenomenal! Down 10-3 in the bottom of the 7th they mounted an 8 run comeback that inning to eventually win the game!
Klink Disclaimer: My posts are not to be taken seriously. They are all in jest. Please lighten up.

Leontheslut

BLUE ROCKS!

Taterbug

I was at opening day, it was AWESOME !!   Thome jacked a 3 run homer in the 8th to seal the deal.  I miss Crede. Josh Fields was gettin razed the entire game by the fans.  I think he will come around but he is no Crede.  We got you guys for 3 in a row starting tomorrow.  I don't have very much hope for are starting rotation.
I will come up with some smack talk for you after this series. I don't like slinging  shit unless I got somthing to back it up.  And right now  I got nothin.

"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

aMillionDreams

Tough opening series for the Reds. BWebb stratched on Saturday.  The rush him back to quick, or maybe he did it to himelf, i don't know.  He's been injury free his whole career, hopefully he can heal up and be back to throwing like a Cy Young winner again!

Rough start all around for me this season, let's get it together boys!
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

.Walt

I think it's almost tradition that I start the smack talk with this

Much Greater Than Science Fiction

capt. scotty

Surprise no one in here has posted how the Angels 22yr old starting pitcher Nick Adenhart was killed in a hit and run car accident last night a few miles away from the stadium, just hours after making his 4th appearance in MLB, and his best one yet pitching 6 scoreless innings and striking out 5. He made it this far after being 1 of the top prospects in high school before he blew out his elbow in his last high school game and needed to get Tommy John surgery.

Fuckin sad.

Apparently this is like the 5th Angel in their history to die in a car crash, and his accident occurred within a mile from 1 of these other players' crashes, and the Angels wearing some sort of patch on their uniforms yesterday commemorating this other fallen player. Crazy