Baseball Thread...

Started by mother_earth, Feb 22, 2007, 12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vadie Stark

Portland ready to bust it open on an 11-1 rout :-[yesterday at Raley  Field  :(
Nice at the park................................................................... for a Weds  8-) :) 8-) :) 8-) :) 8-) :) 8-) :) :P
Not the one thing. I used to think I
could at least some way put things right.

Leontheslut

This just in...

Jimmy Rollins sucks again.
Klink Disclaimer: My posts are not to be taken seriously. They are all in jest. Please lighten up.

Leontheslut

It's official, the Phillies are the new Texas Rangers, our pitching blows.  
Klink Disclaimer: My posts are not to be taken seriously. They are all in jest. Please lighten up.

Vadie Stark

Leontheslut

Vadie Stark

I know I got it on mlb gameday here ;)

Leontheslut

QuoteI know I got it on mlb gameday here ;)
ahhh

Are you an A's fan?

Vadie Stark

we grow 'em by the river here, the A's pick 'em when theyr'e ripe
so it's yes & no ;D

.Walt

One thing that's nice about having the baseball package is the commercials. I really like watching the funny ones that the teams put on. My favorite so far is the Pittsburgh  shamwow style commercial, really funny.  
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

capt. scotty

QuoteOne thing that's nice about having the baseball package is the commercials. I really like watching the funny ones that the teams put on. My favorite so far is the Pittsburgh  shamwow style commercial, really funny.  

yeah, its pretty good. Im sure after the guy had the hooker incident they wished they didnt do it, but oh well  ;D

I really need to make it to PNC park before they don't have these $1 ticket deals anymore.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

.Walt

yeah, I saw the pics of the whore he slapped around, ouch! Another one I like is the Mariners hand out Rally Fries to a lucky fan. Gotta love stadium promotions.  
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

Vadie Stark

QuoteThis just in...

Jimmy Rollins sucks again.

Vadie Stark

QuoteI know I got it on mlb gameday here ;)
ahhh

Are you an A's fan?

They're one of the teams I watch  [smiley=beer.gif]went to Phils @ A's last year. 8-)
How did they end up? ;)

Vadie Stark

Ryan Sweeneys out swinging in Toronto ;D

Vadie Stark

Ryan Sweeneys just picked up his 3rd RBI ;D

bowl of soup

Rays win!  Here comes the winning streak.
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

Vadie Stark

Sheffield with 500, [smiley=beer.gif]
20-21 years in the bigs.
I know a guy here that went up with Gary in '88. He only played 4 games in the majors and was also a AAA rookie of the year. :(
Tough game

Vadie Stark

A's cant lose today ;)

Leontheslut

Ehh Phils v Pads got rained out.

What's the deal with the A's purging their pitching staff? I can't understand Blanton is kind of unstable but what about Harden and letting Houston Street go? I haven't seen him pitch much, but in the limited # of times he impressed me. His numbers also looked pretty good.

Vadie Stark

QuoteEhh Phils v Pads got rained out.

What's the deal with the A's purging their pitching staff? I can't understand Blanton is kind of unstable but what about Harden and letting Houston Street go? I haven't seen him pitch much, but in the limited # of times he impressed me. His numbers also looked pretty good.

Billy Bean's a compulsive trader. They seem to want to get a younger hungry group of guys. Players that don't cost them a fortune in salary.
I think they feel they have alot of good young pitching in our farm system. So they can trade the better knowns and use and shop the    
lesser knowns. It's all about the money and how much they can make.
One of the reasons I like the AAA is that the guys are  trying to make their way up to the show for the first time or get back for whatever reason. It makes for some good ball and is a little less money than the bigs. In the last 2 years AAA Sac made about 190 transactions per year and still won the PCL and beat the IL team for the AAA crown.So they got talent and baseball smarts in 10 years Sac has won their division 7 times, the PCL 4 and the AAA twice. They just need all that to click in Oakland.IMO ::)