Baseball Thread...

Started by mother_earth, Feb 22, 2007, 12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clarkwork

During the day is better for me, but just let me know, I am interested.  Especially if we get people that stick with it throughout the season.
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

.Walt

jelly, i don't know if you watch the yankees vs twins game on espn yesterday afternoon? well if you didn't, boof bonser pitched for the twins. he pitched his typical self for a while. you know, 5 innings, 2 hits, two homeruns.  :-/
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

.Walt

Jaimoe and Red, your boy roy holliday better produce. i drafted him in a junk load of my leagues. so....

so if he doesn't get a win...i blame you two!
if he gives up a homerun...i blame you two!
if he walks a batter... i blame you two!
if he gives up a hit...i blame you two!
if he gets injured...i blame you two!

i haven't drafted a pitcher from toronto that high since juan guzman.

red

Oh, he will.  You should have went with B.J. Penn as well, he's not human.

.Walt

seriously whats your thoughts on juan guzman? i grew liking the blue jays. joe carter was my favorite player for a while. (i had a folder with joe carter on it. when he was with the Indians. i was in  first grade or something, so naturally he became my favorite player ever) but i thought juan guzman was a really good pitcher then, and just looked at his stats, and he wasn't good.

red

I was young and impressionable and I loved him.  I wasn't much of a stats follower back then, I just liked guys who I thought were cool, and he fit the bill.

Joe Carter is a god!  Truth.

Jaimoe

Quoteseriously whats your thoughts on juan guzman? i grew liking the blue jays. joe carter was my favorite player for a while. (i had a folder with joe carter on it. when he was with the Indians. i was in  first grade or something, so naturally he became my favorite player ever) but i thought juan guzman was a really good pitcher then, and just looked at his stats, and he wasn't good.

Juan was a good pitcher at the beginning of his career. He burned out his arm and his ever-increasing weight certainly didn't help his career.

I liked Joe Carter, even though he was a bit of a phony when the cameras were off.

red

I'm not sure what I think about Towers being put in the 5 spot.  Hopefully he'll be a lot better than last year.

Tripps, you need to change the title of this thread already, it's nearly time!!!

ycartrob

MLB would be much more interesting if they played a 20 game season.

.Walt

QuoteI'm not sure what I think about Towers being put in the 5 spot.  Hopefully he'll be a lot better than last year.

Tripps, you need to change the title of this thread already, it's nearly time!!!

oh its time!!!! after i get done with school at 11, i'm getting a case of beer. i'm going to drink and watch baseball all day tomorrow!!!

Jaimoe

QuoteI'm not sure what I think about Towers being put in the 5 spot.  Hopefully he'll be a lot better than last year.

He had a horrendous year last year but was a capable pitcher before that. He earned the 5th spot in spring training, but if he stumbles, Zambrano will take his place. I'm more concerned about Chacin. He can't pitch longer than 6 innings and his ERA ain't going to get any lower than the high 4's this season.

BUT, Halladay pitches today against my second favourite team, the Tigers. Go Jays and Long Live Sparky!

.Walt

the twins start another season with death.

rest in peace herb carneal, i'm going to miss your magical voice.  

red

Chalk up the save for BJ.

aMD

Reds win.  Zambrano throws a hissy fit slightly better than he throws a fastball.

B-webb (my buddy from high school) is working on a win and a quality start if the d-backs can close the deal.  the smell of peanuts and beer!  You gotta love baseball!

The DARK

Not about MLB, but an interesting side note. South Carolina has the #1 college baseball team in the nation. Clemson is #11. Who cares about baseball in South Carolina? About 1 in 100,000 people. Go figure.
In another time, in another place, in another face

aMD

damn! b-webb just gave up a homer.  I just hope the d-backs can come back a win so he doesn't pick up a loss on his first outting.

.Walt

so who's everyone's team?

representing the Minnesota Twins

Jaimoe

Quoteso who's everyone's team?

representing the Minnesota Twins

I think you know mine.

rugbird

Im a Cub longsufferer.

Love the 0-5 combined start by the Tight Sock and the Cardinal

BH

Check out the mayor of cincinnatti throwing out the first pitch!

The look on Eric Davis' face is priceless.

WTF?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rx6zsub-neU
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.