Baseball Thread...

Started by mother_earth, Feb 22, 2007, 12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aMD

that first pitch was hilarious.

i go for the reds

also the d-backs because my buddy from high school brandon webb pitches for them

Jellyfish

The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

.Walt

QuoteTwins are 3-0!   :)
hell yeah, but now its 3-1. but jelly, i've wondered, why are you a twins fan?? no big deal, just always wondered.
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

red

Reed Johnson just went yard!  And man, I forgot how much I love Johnny Mac.

Angry Ewok

I predict the Atlanta Braves will have the first undefeated season in the history of baseball.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

The Big Come Up

QuoteNot about MLB, but an interesting side note. South Carolina has the #1 college baseball team in the nation. Clemson is #11. Who cares about baseball in South Carolina? About 1 in 100,000 people. Go figure.

Dude, a ton of people here in Columbia care about baseball. I dunno bout down in charleston, but here in cola, its huge.

Jellyfish

hell yeah, but now its 3-1. but jelly, i've wondered, why are you a twins fan?? no big deal, just always wondered.

Why not?  ;)

I know it's weird since I live in VA,but many years ago in 1987 I was attracted to the team by them coming back from last place in their division to win it all.I loved the characters on the team,the coach,and how well they played together...plus it looked like they were having fun...I love that in a team.
I also live in an area that is oversaturated with Braves and Cubs games so I can't stand either of those teams.

Since then the Twins have remained one of the top small market teams and they get a lot of bang for their buck....plus we have the finest GM's in the bidness with Terry.

Yanks in town tonight! Twins are 4-1 after splitting a shortened series with the CWS this weekend after friday nights game was PPD.

The DARK

QuoteNot about MLB, but an interesting side note. South Carolina has the #1 college baseball team in the nation. Clemson is #11. Who cares about baseball in South Carolina? About 1 in 100,000 people. Go figure.

Dude, a ton of people here in Columbia care about baseball. I dunno bout down in charleston, but here in cola, its huge.
Do they up there? Down here its all football + basketball. Maybe its just my crowd...
In another time, in another place, in another face

.Walt

Why not?  ;)

I know it's weird since I live in VA,but many years ago in 1987 I was attracted to the team by them coming back from last place in their division to win it all.I loved the characters on the team,the coach,and how well they played together...plus it looked like they were having fun...I love that in a team.
I also live in an area that is oversaturated with Braves and Cubs games so I can't stand either of those teams.

Since then the Twins have remained one of the top small market teams and they get a lot of bang for their buck....plus we have the finest GM's in the bidness with Terry.

Yanks in town tonight! Twins are 4-1 after splitting a shortened series with the CWS this weekend after friday nights game was PPD.

i loved that!!! preach!

red

.Walt

going to the twins game tonight, hopefully me being there will end the losing streak?! :-/

Taterbug

Quotegoing to the twins game tonight, hopefully me being there will end the losing streak?! :-/

Enjoy,  good luck to the Twins.  You can wear you snow shoes to the game and then change into your Speedo when you get inside the 75 degree atmosphere.
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

Angry Ewok

Pujols got nothin' on Smoltz.

Angry Ewok

Atlanta            7-1
Arizona            7-3
San Diego      6-3
LA Angels      6-3
LA Dodgers      5-3
Toronto            5-3
Detroit            5-3
Minnesota      5-3
NY Mets      5-3
Milwaukee      5-4
Cincinnati      5-4
St. Louis      5-4
Florida            5-4
Colorado      4-4
Boston            4-4
NY Yankees      4-4
Chicago Sox      4-4
Pittsburgh      4-5
Texas            4-5
Oakland      4-6
Cleveland      3-2
Seattle            3-2
Houston      3-5
Chicago Who      3-5
Tampa Bay      3-5
Baltimore      3-6
Kansas City      3-6
Philadelphia      2-6
San Francisco      2-7
Washington      1-8

red

Those Jays are pretty high up there.  :D

BH

CENTRAL                   W L

St. Louis                        5 4  
Milwaukee                  5 4  
Cincinnati                   5 4  
Pittsburgh                   4 5  
Houston                    3 5  
Chicago Cubs               3 5  

Once again all is right with the world.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

The DARK

In another time, in another place, in another face

Jaimoe

The Jays-Tigers series starts today. It's a 4 gamer. We'll at least see how well the Jays starters hold up - Roy Halladay excluded.

.Walt

Quotegoing to the twins game tonight, hopefully me being there will end the losing streak?! :-/

Enjoy,  good luck to the Twins.  You can wear you snow shoes to the game and then change into your Speedo when you get inside the 75 degree atmosphere.

it sucked! we had to wait in line for 15 only to find out that we were at the wrong gate. had to walk all the way around the dome into the wind and snow. april 11th and snow...still! its gone now. on our way home we went into the ditch going 70mph

Jellyfish

it sucked! we had to wait in line for 15 only to find out that we were at the wrong gate. had to walk all the way around the dome into the wind and snow. april 11th and snow...still! its gone now. on our way home we went into the ditch going 70mph

But you helped end our losing streak! ;)

Was glad we salvaged one win out of the 3 game series with the Yanks and also glad to see another great outing by Ortiz...if he could fill that missing spot we need for our starters we might have somefin.

I am still waiting for Silva to break out as well.I think things look better for us this year because we know where we stand...hopefully no serious injuries will plague us like losing Loriano(twice)last year.

Tampa Bay is in town tonight...I hope you are going! ;D