Baseball Thread...

Started by mother_earth, Feb 22, 2007, 12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angry Ewok

Well, at least the Cubs don't suck worse than the Washington Lobbyists.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

.Walt

my NL team, the brew crew is doing well. i think they could make some noise this year!!
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

Jellyfish

No,it's not another Invisible Man movie,it's Tori Hunter after getting beaned in the mouth the other night.He's gonna be fine,no broken jaw(remember what happened to Kirby in 95?).

I am glad he is ok but that pic is hilarious. ;D  
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

red

The Jays be heating up!

aMD

QuoteThe Jays be heating up!

wish i could say the same about my reds.  it looks like it could be "that" kind of year again.  We have the possible rookie of the year but something tells me that paying our mediocre pitching staff more money was probably a poor off season strategy.

Jaimoe

QuoteThe Jays be heating up!

They took a beating last night. Injuries are still a major factor with the Jays.

red

QuoteThey took a beating last night. Injuries are still a major factor with the Jays.
Nice to see Glaus back today, but it just kills me that we won't be seeing B.J. until June.

.Walt

No,it's not another Invisible Man movie,it's Tori Hunter after getting beaned in the mouth the other night.He's gonna be fine,no broken jaw(remember what happened to Kirby in 95?).

I am glad he is ok but that pic is hilarious. ;D  
;D

i thought he was going to charge the mound, but it shows what a good guy he is!
also glad he didn't get hurt. WOW

BH

:'( Josh Hancock.  What a shame.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Angry Ewok

Thoughts going out to the Cardinals Nation...

--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

Jaimoe

The Jays' injuries are taking their toll, but Roy Halladay is at his Cy Young form of three years ago: 4-0 with two complete games (one was a 10-inning CG).

rugbird

Yo BH, sorry bout Josh H.  We're bad luck for your staff.  

Cubs are comin round, lineup not to be dismissed.  Cant wait to play the Braves again. >:(

BH

Cubs are comin round, lineup not to be dismissed.  Cant wait to play the Braves again. >:(

Yeah, I might have a Cubs avatar by the All Star game at this rate. :(
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

rugbird

Who said Cubs avatar, you'll be flyin the mooseknuckle, sucker.

.Walt

dear twins,
what going on?

love,
captain tripps

Jellyfish

Quotedear twins,
what going on?

love,
captain tripps
It's still early yet,CT....remember last year? Winning the division on the last day of the season.

Pitching is the biggest issue....Santana has not been sharp every game(but he starts slow every year) but he has had his moments and Silva,Ponson,and Bonsor have not been good at all...Ortiz is our best pitcher right now,which is a surprise....and losing Mauer for 2 weeks is not good either.....I still remain optimistic though.We got Tori on a hitting streak which is helping with that.

.Walt

Quotedear twins,
what going on?

love,
captain tripps
It's still early yet,CT....remember last year? Winning the division on the last day of the season.

Pitching is the biggest issue....Santana has not been sharp every game(but he starts slow every year) but he has had his moments and Silva,Ponson,and Bonsor have not been good at all...Ortiz is our best pitcher right now,which is a surprise....and losing Mauer for 2 weeks is not good either.....I still remain optimistic though.We got Tori on a hitting streak which is helping with that.

thanks for the reminder jelly. i was getting a little worried, but youre right its still early.
torii another hit!! 22 games.

red

Oh my, my Jays are playing terrible.   >:(

.Walt

morneau just went BOMB 3 run HR to win the game!!!!!!! tater whats up

Jellyfish

Quotemorneau just went BOMB 3 run HR to win the game!!!!!!! tater whats up

Awesome!  :)