Baseball Thread...

Started by mother_earth, Feb 22, 2007, 12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leontheslut

Down at the Blue Rocks last year we were getting the 24 oz(?) for $6.

I think they were 24oz, we were fuckin mangled driving home.

Klink Disclaimer: My posts are not to be taken seriously. They are all in jest. Please lighten up.

MickeyReds

QuoteDown at the Blue Rocks last year we were getting the 24 oz(?) for $6.

YOU were mangled DRIVING home.
As long as you keep a straight face...

Leontheslut

QuoteDown at the Blue Rocks last year we were getting the 24 oz(?) for $6.

YOU were mangled DRIVING home.
You were mangled sittin' in the passenger seat!

Plus you drove home mangled from the last Phils game...

or was that me again, maybe it was the time before.
Klink Disclaimer: My posts are not to be taken seriously. They are all in jest. Please lighten up.

capt. scotty

After 1 Bucs game, my friend actually drove up an exit ramp and once we got to the top we realized we were most likely going the wrong way  ;D
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

MickeyReds

QuoteAfter 1 Bucs game, my friend actually drove up an exit ramp and once we got to the top we realized we were most likely going the wrong way  ;D
We were in the car in the middle of Broad st. after a Phils game(and 872 beers) and Leon says "I just cant do it man". So I said "Get out!" "Let daddy do it!"
As long as you keep a straight face...

Vadie Stark

On Tecate Tuesday 12oz is $3.50 My bartender gives me 2 for  $5 :)
12oz bottles are $6.75 16oz drafts are $7 and 24oz drafts are $9
Most minor league parks are Miller parks that's why MGD and Miller high life are everywhere and the few other brands and craft brews are only at a few stands. ;)
Not the one thing. I used to think I
could at least some way put things right.

Leontheslut

.Walt

QuoteWalt are we even? I think Twins tied the series. Didn't see game just score. I'll read box later ;)

Did you wanna read...well, that?

I guess we never came to terms on the wager. Say, winner picks the picture of their baseball team, and the loser has to keep it for a week? I wonder if I can find a Joe Mauer high school picture?  8-)
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

Vadie Stark

QuoteWalt are we even? I think Twins tied the series. Didn't see game just score. I'll read box later ;)

I guess we never came to terms on the wager. Say, winner picks the picture of their baseball team, and the loser has to keep it for a week? I wonder if I can find a Joe Mauer high school picture?  8-)

ok

Vadie Stark

[highlight]WERTH-UTLEY[/highlight]

Vadie Stark

ok

A's need runs!!!! I can still find an avatar for you Walt ;)

Vadie Stark

A's rally late to topple Twins in finale
Blackburn's gem erased by three-run eighth, walk-off ninth

OAKLAND -- Matt Guerrier hit a batter and then gave up the game-winning single to Rajai Davis in the ninth inning as the Twins fell to the A's, 4-3, in the series finale on Thursday afternoon at Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum.

The game was knotted at 3 for the start of the ninth inning. Left-hander Sean Henn walked Jason Giambi to put the winning run on base. Guerrier replaced Henn to face pinch-hitter [highlight]Kurt Suzuki[/highlight]. On the sixth pitch of his at-bat with Suzuki, Guerrier hit the A's catcher with a pitch. A sacrifice bunt by [highlight]Daric Barton [/highlight]moved the winning run to third and that's when Davis delivered the soft single into shallow right field.

Oakland's victory came after Minnesota had led by three runs for the majority of the contest.

Nick Blackburn pitched seven scoreless innings for the Twins before giving up three runs in the eighth, as the club saw their 3-0 lead erased.

In the fourth, Justin Morneau hit a one-out single to left and Jason Kubel drew a walk off A's starter [highlight]Trevor Cahill.[/highlight] Crede then belted the first pitch from Cahill deep into the left-field seats. The three-run shot was Crede's 10th homer of the season.

The loss drops the Twins' record on the road this season to 9-20, :'( and the club is now just [highlight]5-15 in day games.[/highlight] :'(
http://minnesota.twins.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090611&content_id=5270126&vkey=recap&fext=.jsp&c_id=min

Vote Joe 4 All Star

capt. scotty

The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

.Walt

QuoteA's rally late to topple Twins in finale
Blackburn's gem erased by three-run eighth, walk-off ninth

OAKLAND -- Matt Guerrier hit a batter and then gave up the game-winning single to Rajai Davis in the ninth inning as the Twins fell to the A's, 4-3, in the series finale on Thursday afternoon at Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum.

The game was knotted at 3 for the start of the ninth inning. Left-hander Sean Henn walked Jason Giambi to put the winning run on base. Guerrier replaced Henn to face pinch-hitter [highlight]Kurt Suzuki[/highlight]. On the sixth pitch of his at-bat with Suzuki, Guerrier hit the A's catcher with a pitch. A sacrifice bunt by [highlight]Daric Barton [/highlight]moved the winning run to third and that's when Davis delivered the soft single into shallow right field.

Oakland's victory came after Minnesota had led by three runs for the majority of the contest.

Nick Blackburn pitched seven scoreless innings for the Twins before giving up three runs in the eighth, as the club saw their 3-0 lead erased.

In the fourth, Justin Morneau hit a one-out single to left and Jason Kubel drew a walk off A's starter [highlight]Trevor Cahill.[/highlight] Crede then belted the first pitch from Cahill deep into the left-field seats. The three-run shot was Crede's 10th homer of the season.

The loss drops the Twins' record on the road this season to 9-20, :'( and the club is now just [highlight]5-15 in day games.[/highlight] :'(
http://minnesota.twins.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090611&content_id=5270126&vkey=recap&fext=.jsp&c_id=min

Vote Joe 4 All Star

Just like an A's fan, happy with a split.  ;)

Thanks for pointed out our road record...dick! Loved the adding of the smilies into the article, like the highlight wasn't good enough ;D 

The A's are having a pretty nice run. Too bad nobody goes to the games. Not even 12 pack cooler night could put faces in the crowd.

In other baseball news... I've been offered a chance to be a first base coach. I'd get to do mound visits. I've got the "mound visit run" down. Thumbs pointed up, hands in towards chest, and a very slow jog. I got it down!  

Janet

QuotepARTY AT etb'S!

If you only knew... ;)

Vadie Stark

Phillies minor league INF Ozuna suspended

NEW YORK (AP) — Philadelphia Phillies infielder Pablo Ozuna was suspended Thursday for 50 games under baseball's minor league drug program.

Major League Baseball said he had an elevated ratio of testosterone to epitestosterone, a violation of its drug rules.

``It is unfortunate that Pablo has been suspended for 50 games,'' general manager Ruben Amaro Jr. said in statement released by the team. ``However, the Phillies are in full support of the major and minor league drug prevention and treatment program.''

The 34-year-old Ozuna was hitting .292 with 15 RBIs for Triple-A Lehigh Valley this season.

Ozuna played in the majors from 2000-08 with Florida, Colorado, the Chicago White Sox and Los Angeles Dodgers, batting .282 with three home runs and 45 RBIs. He played for the Dodgers in the NL championship series last year.

Phillies reliever J.C. Romero returned to the team earlier this month following his 50-game suspension for testing positive for a banned substance.

Vadie Stark

2 games 2 beers 2 dollars 8-)

Vadie Stark

Walt Twins over Cubs today  ;) see any?
A's @ Giants on my TV [smiley=beer.gif] I need a TV game
Walt.... not you too  :-/

.Walt

Twins vs Cubs. Not sure if I should hate on the Cubs...like all other Chicago teams. I mean it [size=12]is [/size]Chicago, but my grandma loves the Cubbies. I think I'll hate on them just for the series.

I hope this doesn't jeopardize my birthday money.  

Vadie Stark

I'm not hating on Cubs just looking at results and upcoming games.
For sure that dollar wont be in the card if Twins sweep .... hope for a split ;)