Baseball Thread...

Started by mother_earth, Feb 22, 2007, 12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MMJ_fanatic

Awesome weekend for New England sports fans!  

Celtics beat the Raptors

RED SOXS SWEEP ANGELS FOR THE DIVISION!

PATRIOTS roll over Browns to go 5-0

Pisssaaaa!
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

BH

QuoteOk BH here it is, (coulda been worse):

sorry its a thumbnail, couldn't get it to show.

[img=http://imageshack.us/thumbnmail.png]

Well played rugbird!  :)

I will wear that proudly.  Give me a couple days to get my act together.  I am sorry to see your Cubbies go out so quickly.  

(The pain would have been much worse had it been in the world series. ;))

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

.Walt

twins didn't make playoffs
brewers didn't make playoffs

went with phillies, they got swept
went with the angels, they got swept

now i'm going for the rockies and the tribe. so i think we know who's going to win.  :-/
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

aMD

Dusty Baker is going to manage the Reds next season.  That has to be the first time we've hired a manager from outside the organization in decades!  I think it's going to be a good thing.

MMJ_fanatic

11th inning disaster last night!  UGGGGH now we MUST take one in the tribe's house...

MMJ_fanatic

World Series 2007:

Boston Red Sox
vs.
Colorado Rockies

See ya in Beantown Colorado! 8-)

.Walt

MMJ_fanatic

Congratulations Red Sox and Mike "Mr. Class" Lowell for his MVP trophy!

Congrats too to Colorado for the season they had and better luck next year (unless you come up against my Bo sox again  ;)).

(I just exhaled)

red

.Walt

papelbon even looks like a psycho when he dances  ;D
also congrats to the Sox. Thanks for representing the AL well!

aMD

:'(

The old left-hander has died.  Joe Nuxhall was a legend in Ohio and to the game of baseball.  He was the youngest player to ever play MLB at the age of 15, he went on to have legendary career in the broadcast booth for the Reds.  He called the Reds games alongside Marty Brennamen for close to 30 seasons.  I got to meet him as a young baseball player in Cincinnati, Ohio.  He was an inspiration.  He will be missed.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/7454254

bearass

anyone play fantasy baseball and/or and maybe wanna do a league? free of coure i am a poor college student

aMD

i'm down.  i'm pretty sure walt would be down, we've done a fantasy football league and walt and i are in a fantasy basketball league together.  I'd probably want to wait to closer to the season though.

bearass

sweet sounds nice i just had a draft for one league the other day and killed the draft i dont think anyone knew what was goin on

aMD

cool. what kind of league do you play in? head to head or rotissure (sp?)?

you reminded me I need to talk smack to walt about our bball league!

bearass

its just a rotesserie i have never played in a h2h league,it seems like in a h2h league the whole season doesnt really matter

aMD

i've never actually played fantasy baseball so whatever's clever.  i just thought i should probably read up on it before draft day.

bearass

nice its a little more in depth than a football league just because you have so many game but it never gets to complicated itll be fun

.Walt

Quoteits just a rotesserie i have never played in a h2h league,it seems like in a h2h league the whole season doesnt really matter

head to head the regular season matters. you face a new opponent every week. rotisserie is best for chicken, and other delicious poultry. rotisserie takes the fun and competition out of fantasy baseball.

i love fantasy baseball. its the best fantasy sport of all-time, i'll play. i could set it up, if not, i only play daily updates. i'm a stickler about that. weekly updates, makes it easy for a person who doesn't care win, and makes bench pretty much worthless. but there's still plenty of time before a draft should be taking place, but count me in!

.Walt

you reminded me I need to talk smack to walt about our bball league!

ouch, umm, yeah, the last couple weeks have been tough. playing the top two teams, hurts.  i'm not going to make excuses, but i hope you looked at how many good players i have that are hurt. BUT when the playoffs start, hopefully my team will be healthy and ready to ball. Elton Brand coming back!!!