Baseball Thread...

Started by mother_earth, Feb 22, 2007, 12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foxtrot76

QuoteCan we get a Cub fan to testify!

I'll testify. Cubbies hadn't lost 3 in a row all year until we faced Tampa. Damn good ballclub. Those first 2 games were closely contested but our bullpen just got smacked around in the last one. Sweeping the White Sox sure takes the sting out though!!  :)

Taterbug

Congrats to all you Cubbie backers,  excellent series.  I am very impressed.  Hopefully my White Sox will show up next weekend and make the games a little more exciting.    GO CHICAGO !!!!!!!!
I'm rooting for a crosstown World Series.  
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

Foxtrot76

QuoteCongrats to all you Cubbie backers,  excellent series.  I am very impressed.  Hopefully my White Sox will show up next weekend and make the games a little more exciting.    GO CHICAGO !!!!!!!!
I'm rooting for a crosstown World Series.  

The city would burn to the ground if that happened I think!!  :D

Jellyfish

My Twins are tearing up the NL,won 6 straight.Swept the D-backs and the Nats.On to San Diego!
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

.Walt

Much Greater Than Science Fiction

.Walt

cy winners twins have faced recently:

randy johnson 5x
brandon webb
jake peavy
gregg maddux 4x

Jellyfish

Quotecy winners twins have faced recently:

randy johnson 5x
brandon webb
jake peavy
gregg maddux 4x

Gregg Maddux went down last night for our 8th straight win.We are undefeated in the NL so far.

Jellyfish

9 in a row,bring on the Brew Crew!  

Taterbug

Round 2 of the crosstown classic moves to the southside.
If you cubbie fans are  going to the game I would recommend the buddy system. Leave no  man or women behind. :)  We also eat babies down here so be careful.   GO SOX

P.S.   the bathrooms are much nicer and everything is dry, you won't have to pee in a trough that was made for feeding cattle, we have nice urinals that you can back into if you need to sit down to pee ;)
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

Salacious D

^^I wouldn't trade Wrigley's gnarly bathrooms for nuthin!! Go CUBS!!

And besides, your bathrooms are nice because there's never any one in them . . . Crosstown Classic is the only time of year that place sells out  :P
Because if there's one thing that goes well with shooting zombies it's a Dolly Parton cover-el chode

Taterbug

Got me there on the selling out. I hope the games are a little closer this time around. I don't wanna  get caught by red hot Twins.  You guys can afford lose a few  ;)

Salacious D

Yeah, but once that downward spiral starts for the Cubbies, it's usually all over....

And I have to say, you are the nicest darned Sox fan I have ever met! Must be the MMJ+Sox fan combo that evens you out  ;)
Because if there's one thing that goes well with shooting zombies it's a Dolly Parton cover-el chode

Taterbug

Thanks,  were not all baby punching drunks.  I'll  be real nice if we win  :), I wasn't in the best of moods last week after you guys beat our asses.   I think were winning...... for now.

Jellyfish

Sorry to keep bragging but Twins have won 10 in a row now.I know they will lose eventually but enjoying it while I can.

.Walt

QuoteSorry to keep bragging but Twins have won 10 in a row now.I know they will lose eventually but enjoying it while I can.

there's talk of making a move because of the recent surprise performance. of course there's always talk of that  :-/

it's not like the white sox... we never get a player like Albert Belle!

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

for future reference is this a general love for baseball thread or just thread about games and players and stuff? secondly, I ask that because I wanted to brag at how awesome I was at baseball.

in 7th grade I totally made the all-star team, the next year I quit because about 8th grade kids start throwing the ball...  extremely and wildly.  it's scary and dangerous. so I retired with a pretty good pention, making about 250k a year until 2018.  not a bad deal.  

carry on gentlemen.  anyone remember cecil fielder I don't know why but I always loved that guy.

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

oh yeah and my uncle was friends with john elway in college when elway played both baseball and football for the yankee's I believe.  kind of bad fucking ass if you ask me.  they always meet up when the broncos played the lions.  alright I'm out of this madness PEACE

.Walt

Quotefor future reference is this a general love for baseball thread or just thread about games and players and stuff?

general love for baseball and everything that comes with that. If that means talking about your 7th grade baseball team...great! it is baseball talk isn't? also nice john elway story, that's awesome!

Taterbug

Quoteoh yeah and my uncle was friends with john elway in college when elway played both baseball and football for the yankee's I believe.  kind of bad fucking ass if you ask me.  they always meet up when the broncos played the lions.  alright I'm out of this madness PEACE

Taterbug

QuoteSorry to keep bragging but Twins have won 10 in a row now.I know they will lose eventually but enjoying it while I can.

there's talk of making a move because of the recent surprise performance. of course there's always talk of that  :-/

it's not like the white sox... we never get a player like Albert Belle!

Yo Jellyfish, you can brag like a bragging braggard, The Twins are tough, I've been trying to ignore them but with that 10 game winning streak and only a game and a half division lead It's impossible.

I went to Milwaukee fest last nite and the Brewcrew fans where talkin some serious shit bout your Twins.   I overheard something about Joe Mauer a jar of vicks vapor rub a donkey and a turtle. It was hard to piece it all together  ;)