Fantasy Football 2010

Started by capt._headdy, Aug 08, 2010, 09:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pawpaw

"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

Penny Lane

I'm in for sure! I just haven't been able to officially register. I will do it tonight. You hear me Ruckus!!

but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Hawkeye

ok, I MIGHT be able to make the draft...I think 9:30 EST would be 3:30 AM the next day in Italy...we'll probably be home for the night by then, and I can stay up and draft...I think...I've never done one of these on-line...how long do they take?  2-3 hrs?  Otherwise I guess I'll be autodrafting.  And I'll still pay, that's fine.
We could.

.Walt

Quoteok, I MIGHT be able to make the draft...I think 9:30 EST would be 3:30 AM the next day in Italy...we'll probably be home for the night by then, and I can stay up and draft...I think...I've never done one of these on-line...how long do they take?  2-3 hrs?  Otherwise I guess I'll be autodrafting.  And I'll still pay, that's fine.

I say 90mins tops. You only get 90 seconds between picks, so it usually flies.

Drafting at 3:30am = heart!  8-)
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

.Walt

So how should we split the payout? I think regular season winner and playoff runner up should get their money back at least.

capt. scotty

QuoteAlright, so assuming we go 12 deep:

capt.
Walts
Clarkwork
Penny
aMD
Ruckus
bbill
Crispy
Hawkeye

are all in for $20.

corey - maybe

updated
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

capt. scotty

QuoteSo how should we split the payout? I think regular season winner and playoff runner up should get their money back at least.

9 yesses so far, plus I have a feeling Corey's maybe will become a yes.

Im not sure which 2 havent said either way...Jon T and???

if everyone pays though, thats $240. Id say do something like

Reg season 1st place - $40
Playoff Runner Up - $40
Playoof Winner - $160

50/50/140 seems cool too.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

.Walt

40/40/160 sounds good.

The other person is BigBossMan.

Ruckus

I kinda think with so little money, reg season 1st doesnt't need to get paid off.  With twelve teams, it would suck if the thirdplace game is meaningless....
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

capt. scotty

QuoteI kinda think with so little money, reg season 1st doesnt't need to get paid off.  With twelve teams, it would suck if the thirdplace game is meaningless....

If more people would rather do this thats fine with me as if you finish 1st in the regular season you should finish at least 3rd in the playoffs.

Then again, our league last year was ridiculously tight.

Penny Lane

QuoteHere you go...the settings are the same...

Yahoo
ID# 380274
Password: football

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/register/joinprivateleague_league_select?.scrumb=

i'm trying to register. is this still the login?

Clarkwork

QuoteHere you go...the settings are the same...

Yahoo
ID# 380274
Password: football

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/register/joinprivateleague_league_select?.scrumb=

i'm trying to register. is this still the login?

No this is the log on info:

League ID : 458418
League Name:      2008 - The Fans of MMJ
Password: evilurges

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/thefansofmymorningjacket

If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

Penny Lane

Thanks! Yim's Pickle is ready for battle.

capt. scotty

QuoteThanks! Yim's Pickle is ready for battle.

Its going to be hard to talk shit to you after I beat you by saying "I just blew the fuck out of Yim's Pickle"

corey

Put me down for $20. Maybe it'll make me step up my game this year.

Looking forward to it, guys.

.Walt

QuoteI kinda think with so little money, reg season 1st doesnt't need to get paid off.  With twelve teams, it would suck if the thirdplace game is meaningless....

If more people would rather do this thats fine with me as if you finish 1st in the regular season you should finish at least 3rd in the playoffs.

I think first place regular season should get something. I'm all about more payouts. $160 for the winner is a pretty good pay out for only putting in 20 bones.

How about...
$20 Reg Season
$20 3rd place
$40 2nd place
$160 Champion

.Walt

Its going to be hard to talk shit to you after I beat you by saying "I just blew the fuck out of Yim's Pickle"

Or...Yim's Pickle was hard last week.

Clarkwork

I think first place regular season should get something. I'm all about more payouts. $160 for the winner is a pretty good pay out for only putting in 20 bones.

How about...
$20 Reg Season
$20 3rd place
$40 2nd place
$160 Champion

I agree about the regular season winner getting something. That breakdown looks good to me.

Are we doing head to head?
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

Ruckus

How about...
$20 Reg Season
$20 3rd place
$40 2nd place
$160 Champion

I agree about the regular season winner getting something. That breakdown looks good to me.

Are we doing head to head?
H2H 4sho.  I'm cool with that but I'm cool spreading the love to thirty, thirty, sixty, one twenty also.  8x payout for buy in for 1st is a pretty good payday compared to the leagues I play in where 7x is the norm.  I'm cool either way.  Just chucking it out there.

Ruckus

Or...Yim's Pickle was hard last week.
Yim's Pickle gave it to me last week.

I doubled up Yim's Pickle last week.

Yim's Pickle was a mismatch from the beginning.