Fantasy Football 2010

Started by capt._headdy, Aug 08, 2010, 09:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

.Walt

Quotesorry my last question:

are we using the yahoo default scoring method?
or have you set up your own points system?

i've heard that in some leagues, QBs earn a lot more points so you'd want to draft them first, but in most leagues it's wise to go for better RBs first...so i think for the default scoring, you'd want to draft RBs first, or no?

It's pretty standard, but maybe a tweak here or there. If you have a top pick, you wanna go RB for sure, but after the top picks it's pretty much up to you on how you wanna build your team.
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

.Walt

Looks like someone is drinking that Wisconsin kool aid  ;D

Mendenhall was one of the only guys that looked good last night, but most of the preseason a lot of the talk here is that people havent thought he's looked good and are worried about him and the running game, especially while Ben is out. Not sure I agree, but thats the word on the street. I think you lucked out on getting him 14th overall.

I love Rodgers but I think his, Brees, and Peyton's price tag is too rich for my blood. Give me a top shelf RB or WR instead in the 1st/2nd and I'll grab a Rivers a few rounds later or just go QBBC.

Maybe its just that Im catching up on my info this year, but the guys you can draft after the 7th-8th round this year just dont seem very appealing. Sleepers appear to be at a minimum.

I did a mock yesterday that was supposed to be 12 teams, but only 8 signed up. What a joke that was. I drafted Forte with my last pick instead of a kicker just so I can hopefully trade him  ;D

I don't think it helped that all my family from Wisconsin were in town for my brother's wedding. But my uncle hates Aaron Rodgers, and I'm not sure why? Still a Favre guy.

I wanted Rivers, badly, but I just couldn't wait around and risk it. He did end up going where I would've wanted him too...mid 5th round. I never win in my fantasy league anyway.

You're right about sleepers being at a minimum. I usually don't take backup kickers or TE's, but since we have a limit on pickups, I thought it would be easier to drop a backup K and then pick up a FA. I'm hoping that I can find a player or two on FA. Which is a benefit of being in a league we're in. I can look at who people are picking up and do that in my money league, because we can't pick people up until tuesday.

.Walt

More prop bet shenanigans Walts.  I bet my buddy who took C. Benson two picks before I took Foster that Foster would finish the season with more fantasy points than Benson.  The loser has to pick up and drive the winner to the nearest Payless Shoe Store and buy the winner the pair of shoes of their choice. ;D ;D  That's how we do!

I fucking hate Benson. I got burnt too many times on him. I'll never pick him...ever!

;D I love that bet! Oh my. I like how the loser has to pickup the winner. I hope you win, I don't want any success for Benson. Hopefully you'll get yourself a sweet pair of Attack Force's. I'm going to have to use that bet sometime, that's just too good.  ;D

corey

Most of the scoring is standard, but I tweaked it a little last year upon suggestions by some of the players. I copied the settings from last year on to this years league when I renewed it.

BigBossMan

I'm in the MMJ fantasy league and I want to be in for money...how do you go about gathering and dispersing the money?
My last comment got no responses
It ain't evil baby if it ain't hurtin' anybody

Ruckus

QuoteI'm in the MMJ fantasy league and I want to be in for money...how do you go about gathering and dispersing the money?
My last comment got no responses
I'm assuming we'll just pay at the end of the season via paypal or mailed check.. That's how we did it in baseball.  If the commish wants to collect early and disperse later, that's cool by me.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

aMillionDreams

Yeah, we usually just pay up at the end.  Paypal is the best, but there's nothing wrong with a check if you wanna be all snail mail about it.

Penny, keep the questions coming. We're here to help you (and then crush you (and by "you" I mean Yim's Pickle)).
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

Ruckus

More prop bet shenanigans Walts.  I bet my buddy who took C. Benson two picks before I took Foster that Foster would finish the season with more fantasy points than Benson.  The loser has to pick up and drive the winner to the nearest Payless Shoe Store and buy the winner the pair of shoes of their choice. ;D ;D  That's how we do!

I fucking hate Benson. I got burnt too many times on him. I'll never pick him...ever!

;D I love that bet! Oh my. I like how the loser has to pickup the winner. I hope you win, I don't want any success for Benson. Hopefully you'll get yourself a sweet pair of Attack Force's. I'm going to have to use that bet sometime, that's just too good.  ;D
Please do use it.  It's too much fun.  We've already both been perusing the Payless website for the cutting edge designs, built for fashion, comfort and most importantly durability.

Arian Foster will be responsible for a level 2 upgrade in my street style.  I can't wait.

Penny Lane

what time is this? 8:30 EST?

more importantly, is it going to conflict w/The Jersey Shore? (if so, i can multitask but don't be surprised if i'm trying to draft Pauly D)

Yim's Pickle isn't drafting any former wolverines, I know that.

I'm excited!
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

corey

It's 8:30 central, so it would be 9:30 Eastern.

capt. scotty

more importantly, is it going to conflict w/The Jersey Shore? (if so, i can multitask but don't be surprised if i'm trying to draft Pauly D)

I think its time to get a DVR, hun

I got the draft, the Steelers game, and the Pitt/Utah game tomorrow night and I aint complainin!!! Thank god 4 DVRs
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

.Walt

Ruckus

Penny Lane

Quotesee y'all in 9.5 hrs

hey if i have problems, you need to keep your phone handy.  ;)

7:30 Buckeyes game
9:30 Fantasy Draft
10:00 Sammi Sweetheart and J Woww get into a wicked Jersey Shore style girl fight (which I"ll be DVRing and following lp's tweets)
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

.Walt

I've been having trouble launching stattracker for baseball. I hope I can launch the draft room. I'll be showing up 30mins early to make sure, but right now I'm worried.

Also...I lied about my money league roster and wanting to take AP first...

Ruckus

QuoteI've been having trouble launching stattracker for baseball. I hope I can launch the draft room. I'll be showing up 30mins early to make sure, but right now I'm worried.

I haven't been able to open my stattracker since last night either.  The draft tests have worked for me in both Mozilla and Explorer so I think we'll be fine.  It just seems to be an issue with baseball stattracker.

Ruckus

Quotesee y'all in 9.5 hrs

hey if i have problems, you need to keep your phone handy.  ;)

7:30 Buckeyes game
9:30 Fantasy Draft
10:00 Sammi Sweetheart and J Woww get into a wicked Jersey Shore style girl fight (which I"ll be DVRing and following lp's tweets)
I'll be there for you to give you shaky advice.  I typically consume a beverage or two during drafts.

.Walt

QuoteI've been having trouble launching stattracker for baseball. I hope I can launch the draft room. I'll be showing up 30mins early to make sure, but right now I'm worried.

I haven't been able to open my stattracker since last night either.  The draft tests have worked for me in both Mozilla and Explorer so I think we'll be fine.  It just seems to be an issue with baseball stattracker.

I did a few fantasy hockey mock drafts today and the draft room opened up perfectly.

capt. scotty

I did a few fantasy hockey mock drafts today and the draft room opened up perfectly.

why not do football mocks instead of hockey?!  ;D
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

capt. scotty

Looks like I got the 1st pick..

CHAMPIONSHIP!!