Fantasy Football 2010

Started by capt._headdy, Aug 08, 2010, 09:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruckus

Quoteso am i up first? i'm first on the list to the right.
Have you entered the draft room?  It's open now

You're 6th
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Penny Lane

i can't get the chat thing to work....
i feel so dumb...i can't maximize anymore...? weird.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Penny Lane

THAT was fun. Thanks guys.
I wanted Ray Rice, though but I like my team.

aMillionDreams

I like my team even though I think I made some dumb picks late (but I was expecting that).
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

Ruckus

All things considered, all systems go here.  It's the guy that doesn't like their team that you fear.

So yeah, our piblic radio station runs a free concert 2 blocks from my apartment every 1st Thursday of the month.  I couldn't find parking because I got home early so I parked on the street where it had to be moved by eight in the morning.  Needless to say I got prety blitzed last night and forgot to move the car by morning.  Only $275 to get it out of the lot.  I blame Dylan ;)

pawpaw

Was I the only person on autodraft? I only developed my list through about 16 rounds, so some of the last picks were thrown at me. Time for some blockbuster trades.

I really like some things about my team, but I'm REALLY light on receivers (especially since Santonio Holmes is going to be out for a while). I guess the receivers went quicker than I thought they would when I was stacking my preference list.

"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

.Walt

QuoteWas I the only person on autodraft? I only developed my list through about 16 rounds, so some of the last picks were thrown at me. Time for some blockbuster trades.

I really like some things about my team, but I'm REALLY light on receivers (especially since Santonio Holmes is going to be out for a while). I guess the receivers went quicker than I thought they would when I was stacking my preference list.

I think there was 3 others autodrafting. At least you didn't fuck your preference list up. K, one year took a kicker in the 2nd round or something crazy like that.
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

.Walt

QuoteAll things considered, all systems go here.  It's the guy that doesn't like their team that you fear.

So yeah, our piblic radio station runs a free concert 2 blocks from my apartment every 1st Thursday of the month.  I couldn't find parking because I got home early so I parked on the street where it had to be moved by eight in the morning.  Needless to say I got prety blitzed last night and forgot to move the car by morning.  Only $275 to get it out of the lot.  I blame Dylan ;)

That sucks! I blame Dylan.

.Walt

I was watching Jim Rome is Burning and his final burn about fantasy football was hilarious. I wish I had the video, because they did reenactments for every one.  

The Jerk - The guy in the room that makes fun of every pick. Always talks about winning the "other" league. Closing other people's laptops, because it doesn't make sense for them to even have them out.

The Nerd - Prepares more for the upcoming season than Bill Belichick. Has his laptop out with 5 windows, full of speadsheets. Takes Phillip Rives, because his redzone passing in divisional games in the 4th quarter are off the charts.  Takes 5 minutes for every pick, but really pisses you off because he ends up in the money every year.

The Wing Guy - The guy who goes into the draft with a mag and bag of rolos he got from the gas station 3 blocks away. Tells you who you should draft. Saying things like draft Chris Johnson, he should be a top pick...really? Ends up taking Sidney Rice in the 2nd round, because his mag told him to.

The Drunk - The guy who's wasted by the 2nd round. Every pick he takes someone else already took 5 rounds earlier. Then by the 5th round he becomes the jerk. Yelling at people to take shots and making fun of their teams.

Which one are you?

Here's a classic from his radio show  ;D

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-j8XyMNFAg4[/media]

capt. scotty

QuoteTHAT was fun. Thanks guys.

I gotta ask, did you and only you draft your team?

If so, you made some nice picks and Im impressed with your football knowledge.  8-)
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

capt. scotty

QuoteAll things considered, all systems go here.  It's the guy that doesn't like their team that you fear.

What, so you do or dont like your team?

I ended the draft not really liking mine much, mostly because I thought my RBs were average and my depth was questionable, but I won the league last year taking LT and Slaton I think so maybe its not as bad as I think
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

.Walt

Here's the link to Jim Rome's final burn about fantasy football. I tried to write what I thought he said, but the video is way better. It's under...final burn 9.3.10.  ;D

http://www.jimrome.com/videos?uri=channels/383728/1015840

Ruckus

That sucks! I blame Dylan.
Yeah man.  It did.  That was money I didn't have.  Ha!  The reason I didn't get Ramble tix was cash flow.  Well I had to bust that out for NO reason now.  Kinda like, well I guess I could have gone if I didn't get towed. >:( ;D

aMillionDreams

I'd say I'm a combination of the Drunk and the Geek.  But it sounds like Ruckus made a strong play for the title of the Drunk.  I made some stupid picks, but I didn't get my car towed!  ;)
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

.Walt

QuoteI'd say I'm a combination of the Drunk and the Geek.  But it sounds like Ruckus made a strong play for the title of the Drunk.  I made some stupid picks, but I didn't get my car towed!  ;)

In my "other" league's draft. I'm the jerk/nerd. I try to come up with one-liners. But everyone does. I did make fun of laptop guy and his ethernet chord this year. The drunk would be proud.

Ruckus

I think we can all find ourselves a little bit easier in this one. ;D  I know I did.  

http://www.cracked.com/article/103_11-obnoxious-characters-from-every-fantasy-football-draft/

Oh and Headdy!  You only won last year because you were the only one sniping backups the second 1st string players went down on Gameday in a "FREE" league.  I picked up those same guys in my money league..you know the one that matters.

Now that the stakes are high and it's up to $20, you'll still be sniping cuz I'll be snagging James Davis up in my "Other" leagues.

capt. scotty

Had my other money league draft last night....had 7th pick out of 12. Feeling pretty good about my team. Felt like I got value with basically every pick. S-Jax dropped to 18th, Foster felt like a great pick in the mid 4th round, Daniels fell to the 12th, Heath Miller to the 15th in a league full of Steeler fans. Got sniped on the DB's I wanted twice, but if Berry doesnt pan out someone will be there on the wire. Other than that, I like how I look at the other positions.

QB - Eli, Alex Smith
RB - Steven Jackson, Arian Foster, Spiller, Portis, Kareem Huggins
WR - Andre Johnson, Steve Smith (CAR), Owens, Santonio, Berrian, Mike Williams (TB), Manningham
TE - Owen Daniels, Heath Miller
K - Rackers

D - Curtis Lofton, Rolando McClain
DB - Eric Berry

capt. scotty

Oh and Headdy!  You only won last year because you were the only one sniping backups the second 1st string players went down on Gameday in a "FREE" league.  I picked up those same guys in my money league..you know the one that matters.

;D

I didnt have the internet last year so I had to wait until monday when I was on campus. So basically, everyone else was just slow I guess.

You sound like the guy I beat in the playoffs last year in my other league week 14 that blamed the loss on the colts resting their players and he had Peyton throw for 301 and Wayne get 162 and a Tuddy.
If you want to make excuses though, go ahead.  ;)

Penny Lane

QuoteTHAT was fun. Thanks guys.

I gotta ask, did you and only you draft your team?

If so, you made some nice picks and Im impressed with your football knowledge.  8-)

hey, that's sexist! i've been doing my homework, but it's not hard when they rank them for you, i watch ESPN and they tell you who to pick, the Sports Guy tells you who to pick, the only issues I had were who was supposed to be on my bench. I do have a co-manager for emergency purposes (i had never done an actual draft so i wasn't sure of the actual WAY the screen would look)...also my brother gave me some pointers. i wanted ray rice because i was a rutgers fan living in Jersey and i loved watching him play, he's a fast little f-er. basically i had a good idea of who i wanted going in like everyone else.

i wasn't defending my picks, but no one said we weren't allowed to have co-managers so i added one to do trades (i don't know how to do those and a few of the other things) also i needed a co-manager because the buckeyes had their first game last thursday and also the jersey shore was on and j woww was supposed to fight sammi sweetheart. so there.

i still don't really understand how the trades work but
ruckus told me thurs night after the draft that i should make some changes so i did.

capt. scotty

trades are easy. all you have to do is click in those blue arrows that point both ways (theyre between the players name and next week opposition on another teams roster, under the "action" column) and then it brings you to another screen where you can add multiple players to trade proposal. the hard part is getting the other person to accept a trade

if you want some more help, it makes no sense having 2 defensive backs on your roster who arent going to be playing for at least 6 weeks.