Fantasy Football 2010

Started by capt._headdy, Aug 08, 2010, 09:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pawpaw

QuoteAll's I know is that I've got to score some touchdowns this time. My only one last weekend was a Drew Brees passing TD, and that obviously didn't cut it.

Hawkeye! You're up homie!  >:( Hey, did you used to be known as Seamus? If so, do you still have that Firebird?

Attention Steven Jackson: If possible, please rush for 200+ yards and score a few times, but still let the Raiders win the game on Sunday. That is all. Thank you, sir.

BBill, whazzzup!  I WAS Seamus in a past life, and yes, I do still have the Firebird...I don't think I can ever get rid of it seeing as how my recently passed grandmother helped me buy it and I spent all those hours with countless people...mostly my Dad...working on it in the garage...it means more to me than it's really worth.  This year I've driven it more than ever, seeing as how the air shocks are fixed and it's running pretty decent.  Engine still has a "ping" which worries me a lot.  Doesn't do it all the time, but something is just not quite right with the tuning.  I'm afraid it may eventually ruin a piston.  Need to find an experienced tuner to help with that, cuz no one has been able to figure it out yet.  Maybe I just need some aluminum heads that can handle the compression ratio (and give me close to 600 hp)?  Need some new tires/rims too.

Anyway, I don't want to sound like a broken record, but my internet at home seriously sucks.  I guess I need to do most of my fantasy updating at work.  The only problem is I have a heard time really focusing on it at work...LOTS of distractions here...but, no excuses.  Good luck Bbill!  I really wanted DRew Brees you lucky SOB.  I guess I got Peyton and AP, so I can't complain too much.  But I've had Brees the past few years and LOVED watching the Saints.

So...I guess what you're saying is that you wouldn't want to put the Firebird up as a wager on our FF matchup this weekend? I've got a MINT 2002 Honda Civic to put up on my end...  ;D

Good to hear that car's still around and running pretty well. I remember seeing the pics, and it's definitely a keeper. Most black, late 60s American muscle car models in decent condition are, imho, and the Firebird was one of the best. 8-)

And don't worry about getting your team in shape right away, take the weekend to think through your options and make your trades next week!  ;) You've got some studs in place already, and if they go off you'll be fine and I'll be 0-2.
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

capt. scotty

Attention Steven Jackson: If possible, please rush for 200+ yards and score a few times, but still let the Raiders win the game on Sunday. That is all. Thank you, sir.

I would definitely be down with this, maybe some more love for Mark Clayton too. I dont really care if Da Raiders win though
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

capt. scotty

The League. Season Premiere. FX. 1030est Tonight. Be There.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Ruckus

QuoteThe League. Season Premiere. FX. 1030est Tonight. Be There.
I'm so glad this show got a full season.  I enjoyed last year's pilot half season over season 5 of It's Always Sunny.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

capt. scotty

I'm so glad this show got a full season.  I enjoyed last year's pilot half season over season 5 of It's Always Sunny.

Quit rosterbating!!!  ;D

Penny Lane

Quit rosterbating!!!  ;D

quit making those rosterbatory faces!!!
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

pawpaw

QuoteSo...I guess what you're saying is that you wouldn't want to put the Firebird up as a wager on our FF matchup this weekend? I've got a MINT 2002 Honda Civic to put up on my end...  ;D

Hawkeye, you missed out on a new (used) car!

Ugh...0-2...I think Drew Brees is going to have a big night, but not THAT big.
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

Penny Lane

QuoteSo...I guess what you're saying is that you wouldn't want to put the Firebird up as a wager on our FF matchup this weekend? I've got a MINT 2002 Honda Civic to put up on my end...  ;D

Hawkeye, you missed out on a new (used) car!

Ugh...0-2...I think Drew Brees is going to have a big night, but not THAT big.

i need pierre thomas to have a big night, too..

Hawkeye

I F'ed up on the defensive players again.  Again, with the internet thing...ugh.  I need to move out of the "holler."  Cuz I always wait until Sunday morning...or late Saturday night if by chance I'm in for the night...to make my moves...but when your home internet doesn't work, it's tough.

You never know about Brees, Bbill.  He's bailed me out quite a few times last year!  You've got Willis too, but...just from what I've seen, IDP's don't score all that much (usually).  I was hoping Peyton would score a little bit more to give me a better cushion.

Good luck!
We could.

.Walt

Good luck Ruckus!  :) :-* [smiley=beer.gif]

Who the fuck am I kidding?! I'm hoping VD gets the flu and Frank Gore gets VD. I want Ruckus to lose...big time! After voting against me 2 weeks in a row. You know I can see that shit, right?   ;)
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

capt. scotty

Who the fuck am I kidding?! I'm hoping VD gets the flu and Frank Gore gets VD. I want Ruckus to lose...big time! After voting against me 2 weeks in a row. You know I can see that shit, right?   ;)

Yeah, I had 3 haters vote against me this week, and I go on posting high score. Keep the hate coming yinz all!!

And if I can guarantee Penny will be #1 in something this year, I guarantee she will be #1 in roster moves. She goes thru those IDP's like Yim's Pickle goes thru groupies

Crispy

Yep, I am an idiot. Note to self: No more fantasy anything.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

capt. scotty

QuoteYep, I am an idiot. Note to self: No more fantasy anything.

What, you referring to trading me my boy Jahvid???  ;D

capt. scotty

i need pierre thomas to have a big night, too..

You're winning by 16 and going against a kicker and DB. You dont need a big night from PT, you need him to get 10 carries, fall forward for 30 yards, and youve won.  ;)

Ruckus

QuoteGood luck Ruckus!  :) :-* [smiley=beer.gif]

Frank Gore already has a VD.  He's going for two baby!   :-*  Hell of a long dhot.  Need an offensive explosion.  

BigBossMan

Get outta town!
It ain't evil baby if it ain't hurtin' anybody

Penny Lane

Get outta town!

So far this season, same thing..The League surpasses IASIP

Ruckus

Get outta town!

So far this season, same thing..The League surpasses IASIP
I feel ya Boss.  I guess the only basis for comparison for the two are that they are on FX on Thursday night.  Off the wall, squirmy humor vs. smarmier than smarmy humor.  I just thought that Season 5 of Sunny was their weakest season, even with cat in the wall and kitten mittens.  I did think 6's debut was solid though and so was The League's.  I didn't care for #85 getting more pub though.

Anyways, there's a whole damn thread on Sunny

Hawkeye

Team has been somewhat solidified/improved.  I now have defensive players who may actually play!  Crispyy somehow stole James Harrison from me though!  Dammit!  I clicked "add" to add him, and was distracted for 5 min or so, when I came back to choose a player to drop, he had already been added to Crispyy's team.  Ah well.
We could.

Penny Lane

Creepily creeping past Ruckus..
This is fun. Need some forte points too.