Fantasy Football 2010

Started by capt._headdy, Aug 08, 2010, 09:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

capt. scotty

C'mon Penny, I gotta get my boy 60 minutes.

Plus I included Hakeem Nicks as part of the 2 player offer...Thats some serious WR shit right there hun
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

capt. scotty

Quotei need to make some changes, but i'm just not sure which..
capt, i'll PM you about that trade because i can only check on the iphone from here...

congrats sleazyE, whoever you are.  ;)
Never trust the cap.  He always tries to do that bush league ill give you depth with three very mediocre players for your one stud maneuver ;D

Man, he sent through a few of those bullshit offers to me yesterday too!  ;D

They were actually pretty legit, I just don't want to help the Cap'n.  ;D

(j/k... :P)

give me a counteroffer then. they way sjax gets hurt, trust me, you want darby
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Penny Lane

QuoteC'mon Penny, I gotta get my boy 60 minutes.

Plus I included Hakeem Nicks as part of the 2 player offer...Thats some serious WR shit right there hun

you wanted me to trade for Mark Clayton, who's good but Sam Bradford's unproven, I can't risk that...also, i don't want Hakeem, i have Bradshaw and I don't want another Giant cuz i don't want to have to trade again for their bye week, also anyone associated with Eli? good lord, anything he touches is a fantasy nightmare (no offense to that mouth breather--per Ruxin) there's absolutely no way i'm giving up Wallace before i see what ben ruthlessscumburger does when he comes back. he may come back meaner and more badasser than ever, as much as the non fantasy playing Browns loving me hates it.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

capt. scotty

QuoteC'mon Penny, I gotta get my boy 60 minutes.

you wanted me to trade for Mark Clayton, who's good but Sam Bradford's unproven, I can't risk that...also, i don't want Hakeem, i have Bradshaw and I don't want another Giant cuz i don't want to have to trade again for their bye week, also anyone associated with Eli? good lord, anything he touches is a fantasy nightmare (no offense to that mouth breather--per Ruxin) there's absolutely no way i'm giving up Wallace before i see what ben ruthlessscumburger does when he comes back. he may come back meaner and more badasser than ever, as much as the non fantasy playing Browns loving me hates it.

ruthless-cum-burger? c'mon now Penny. Not only do we not know if he finished, but he wasnt even charged with anything.

When you trade me Bradshaw having Nicks wont make it a bye issue  ;)

Ruckus

More rookie league shenanigans from the cap ::)  Why ya gonna drop Darby if you were trying to sell him hard to Penny?  I get I get it.  I prefer real offers that have a chance from the beginning.  Then again Crispy did make that deal with u so.  Why haven't u handcuffed Best yet?  He's got a better shot of getting hurt hurt than sjax.  
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

pawpaw

QuoteMore rookie league shenanigans from the cap ::)  Why ya gonna drop Darby if you were trying to sell him hard to Penny?  I get I get it.  I prefer real offers that have a chance from the beginning.  Then again Crispy did make that deal with u so.  Why haven't u handcuffed Best yet?  He's got a better shot of getting hurt hurt than sjax.  

;D The Cap'n was trying to shop Darby to me, throwing him in to an offer trying to pull an RB of mine. That ol' rascal.  ;D

Hey, tell me about "handcuff". Drop some knowledge on a FF noob.
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

Ruckus

QuoteMore rookie league shenanigans from the cap ::)  Why ya gonna drop Darby if you were trying to sell him hard to Penny?  I get I get it.  I prefer real offers that have a chance from the beginning.  Then again Crispy did make that deal with u so.  Why haven't u handcuffed Best yet?  He's got a better shot of getting hurt hurt than sjax.  

;D The Cap'n was trying to shop Darby to me, throwing him in to an offer trying to pull an RB of mine. That ol' rascal.  ;D

Hey, tell me about "handcuff". Drop some knowledge on a FF noob.
Droppin' intel in 3, 2, 1....

Both the term and tactic of handcuffing were much more prevalent a few years back when most teams had a solid #1 RB instead of all these time share backfields.  If you had a top running back such as LT with the Chargers who was partially the product of a juggernaut offense and great o line, it was a form of insurance to 'handcuff' his backup to him and use up a roster spot.  It's because you knew if LT went down, Michael Turner would put up similar numbers and you couldn't afford to lose your #1 pick production while having someone else scoop up the backup.  That's why in our format, with no mandatory waivers on gameday policy, if u can, it helps to watch games and immediately scoop up backups when the starter goes down.  For example aMD picking up Brandon Jackson when Ryan Grant went down or Cap scooping up Tolbert and Torain when Mathews and Potis went down respectively.

capt. scotty

:-?

Didnt even offer Darby to Penny...I offered her Clayton/Tolbert or Nicks/Spiller for Bradshaw/Wallace.

I offered bbill Darby/Clayton for Addai since he has S-Jax

All 3 were pretty fair by my estimation. Nicks is currently the #4 WR in our league, and once Lynch got traded, not sure if I wouldve done that one anyway myself as I think Spiller is going to start to have some nice games.

Plus, all those offers were before Hernandez was released (and obviously Moss being traded). Didnt want to drop Darby, but I save my waiver priority for the right time and since its a rarity a valuable guy gets dropped, this felt like the right time. Dont even need Hernandez since Gates is droppin' loads each week, but I think he's going to end up a Top 6 TE when its all said and done and at worst is trade fodder.

Hey, we cant all have a Larod Stephens-Howling on our bench to just drop!  ;D

Ruckus

:-?

Didnt even offer Darby to Penny...I offered her Clayton/Tolbert or Nicks/Spiller for Bradshaw/Wallace.

I offered bbill Darby/Clayton for Addai since he has S-Jax

All 3 were pretty fair by my estimation. Nicks is currently the #4 WR in our league, and once Lynch got traded, not sure if I wouldve done that one anyway myself as I think Spiller is going to start to have some nice games.

Plus, all those offers were before Hernandez was released (and obviously Moss being traded). Didnt want to drop Darby, but I save my waiver priority for the right time and since its a rarity a valuable guy gets dropped, this felt like the right time. Dont even need Hernandez since Gates is droppin' loads each week, but I think he's going to end up a Top 6 TE when its all said and done and at worst is trade fodder.

Hey, we cant all have a Larod Stephens-Howling on our bench to just drop!  ;D

My bad.  Since Penny had started the original message, I just assumed you were offering Darby to her.  Well, my position still stands  ;D  Way to offer Darby.  Hernandez will be an interesting down the finish player

corey

Fuck. My kicker had a bye this week and I didn't change him out. Sonofabitch.

capt. scotty

QuoteFuck. My kicker had a bye this week and I didn't change him out. Sonofabitch.

Dude youre winning by 50 points

corey

Yeah, I know... but, still.

Penny Lane

i need help.
something that used to bring me so much joy, once again turns to sh*t. the only reason i wanted to do it was to have a team called 'yim's pickle'...
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

.Walt

Quotei need help.
something that used to bring me so much joy, once again turns to sh*t. the only reason i wanted to do it was to have a team called 'yim's pickle'...

Half the battle is having a cool name. You're a Sidney Deane type of gal.  8-)
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

pawpaw

My starting receivers netted me a combined total of 0.8 points yesterday.  ;D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear LT,

I saw you play a game one time at the Coliseum in Oakland where you ran for a TD, and caught AND threw a touchdown pass. You ran up like 300 yards of total offense. Do that again, please. Tonight.

Thanks,
bbill

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Brandon Lloyd,

I knew you as a Niner, and that's probably why I keep waiting for you to let me down and also (part of the reason) why I benched you yesterday. My bad. You and Orton have got something good going. It helps that your team can't run the ball, and HAS to pass to do anything. You're a starter from here on, bud.

Thanks,
bbill

Ruckus

Dear BBill,

Waaaaahhhhhhhhhh :'( :'( :'( :'(  I benched Steve Johnson for Lance Moore.  I hope that you lose by enough points that the benching of Lloyd is rendered a moot point.  I would hate to see an upstanding, hard working, tax paying, shit talking citizen as yourself be crippled with self doubt and loathing over such an innocent rookie mistake.  You can't teach heart.

Ruckus

pawpaw

;D Yeah, that was pretty whiney.

Hey, how do you think Santonio Holmes is going to fit in with Sanchez and the Jets offense?

I saw that you picked up Cushing!

Dear Ruckus,

Screw you.

Thanks,
bbill

capt. scotty

Considering how good Sanchez has looked, I think Holmes is going to be solid the rest of the year. If Keller and Braylon can get this open and put up numbers, Tone certainly can. Plus unlike Roethlisberger, he's been able to practice with the team this past month, so chemistry shouldnt be a problem.

I got Holmes on my other team and am rolling with him in the flex tonight

Ruckus

I'm not sure about Holmes' fantasy value.  He does round out our receiving corps but the Jets are still not a passing team and we shouldn't be fooled by Sanchez's performance the last few weeks.  I think all Jets receivers will be hit or miss from here on out.  With Tomlinson, Keller and the 3 WR's there won't be enough balls out there for consistent fantasy impact from the receivers.

capt. scotty

Since this took me like a half hour to do all the numbers and type this shit up, Im posting it here too. Youre welcome   8-)

Well, here are your numbers Ruckus when comparing Gates to the 24th and 36th ranked RB and WR

Gates over TE12 (Gonzalez 31.6)= 58.2pts
RB1 over RB24 (Hightower 38.8)= 62pts
RB1 over RB36 (Mathews 30.2)= 70.6pts
WR1 over WR24 (Harvin 41.8) = 35.1pts
WR1 over WR36 (SimsWalker 32.5) = 44.4pts

As I said before, Gates has more points than EVERY Wideout, so not surprising he's more valuable there. But he's also neck and neck with the RBs behind by less than 4.

In other words, Gates is producing like the #1 WR and a RB2. Now I probably wouldnt trade ADP or CJ for him straight up, but any of the other top RB's have question marks and trading them for the best WR in the league plus a RB2 (which on average would be the 18th RB, or Michael Turner right now) seems pretty damn fair to me.......................................................... ................

Also, you mentioned how earlier in the yr I went into why QBs arent as valuable as RBs, etc. Despite that, Rodgers and Brees were still going 1st round because although the QBs start to even out, the top few are much more valuable because of the separation between them and say QB7. So here's the scoring differential of the #1 and #2 of each position right now:

Gates over Keller: 33
Foster over CJ: 13.4
Rivers over Peyton: 8.9
Nicks over Lloyd: 0

That just shows how off the charts Gates is right now. Forget your preconceptions about the TE position or how deep you might think it is this year, he's producing at unheard of levels that make him worth a top end RB.

If you dont believe me and the numbers I just laid out, look in our league page under research, in the MVPs section. It shows:

#1: Gates - 88.6%
#2: Peterson - 42.4%

SKILLZ!!