Fantasy Football 2010

Started by capt._headdy, Aug 08, 2010, 09:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

.Walt

QuoteSince this took me like a half hour to do all the numbers and type this shit up, Im posting it here too. Youre welcome   8-)

Well, here are your numbers Ruckus when comparing Gates to the 24th and 36th ranked RB and WR

Gates over TE12 (Gonzalez 31.6)= 58.2pts
RB1 over RB24 (Hightower 38.8)= 62pts
RB1 over RB36 (Mathews 30.2)= 70.6pts
WR1 over WR24 (Harvin 41.8) = 35.1pts
WR1 over WR36 (SimsWalker 32.5) = 44.4pts

As I said before, Gates has more points than EVERY Wideout, so not surprising he's more valuable there. But he's also neck and neck with the RBs behind by less than 4.

In other words, Gates is producing like the #1 WR and a RB2. Now I probably wouldnt trade ADP or CJ for him straight up, but any of the other top RB's have question marks and trading them for the best WR in the league plus a RB2 (which on average would be the 18th RB, or Michael Turner right now) seems pretty damn fair to me.......................................................... ................

Also, you mentioned how earlier in the yr I went into why QBs arent as valuable as RBs, etc. Despite that, Rodgers and Brees were still going 1st round because although the QBs start to even out, the top few are much more valuable because of the separation between them and say QB7. So here's the scoring differential of the #1 and #2 of each position right now:

Gates over Keller: 33
Foster over CJ: 13.4
Rivers over Peyton: 8.9
Nicks over Lloyd: 0

That just shows how off the charts Gates is right now. Forget your preconceptions about the TE position or how deep you might think it is this year, he's producing at unheard of levels that make him worth a top end RB.

If you dont believe me and the numbers I just laid out, look in our league page under research, in the MVPs section. It shows:

#1: Gates - 88.6%
#2: Peterson - 42.4%

SKILLZ!!

You would roll up Belichick in fantasy football. Good work!
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

EAZYE

Quotei need to make some changes, but i'm just not sure which..
capt, i'll PM you about that trade because i can only check on the iphone from here...

congrats sleazyE, whoever you are.  ;)

I'm sorry Penny!  This has seem to been my role the past couple of years, shitty team who only wins 4-5 games a year that he has no right winning, kinda like a Wisconsin team :(.  Best of luck the rest of the year!
I painted my name on the back of a leaf
and I watched it float away

pawpaw

It looks to me like we only have a few more weeks left of the regular season...as I understand it, we play till week 13, which means I'll be playing aMD and Hawkeye twice. After week 13, the top 6 go to the playoffs? If so, I've got to get my shit together!
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

capt. scotty

Its not quite as tight as last year, but not far off...2 game difference between 2nd and 10th, lot of stuff can and probably will change by week 14. I dont know how Im in 2nd when my top 2 RB picks of Stewart and Spiller have been complete busts, but I'll take it.

Ruckus, you scope out what sneakers youre gonna get at Payless yet??  ;D

....starting to have seller's remorse on a trade I made 2 weeks ago. Traded TO, Santonio, and Heath Miller for Roddy White. Ive still managed to win both games and feel like TO has a decent chance to implode with how bad everyone else on CIN is playing, but damn he's looked good the last couple weeks. Having my top 4 RB/WRs of Foster, SJax, Andre J, and Roddy just felt too tantalizing. Roddy better step his game up thursday!!

The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

ManNamedTruth

Finally clinched a playoff spot for the first time playing fantasy football. I'm having a great year, I clinched with a 7-1-1 record and in third place. I would be in second place except there's divisions and the other division leader gets the higher seed. In my other money league I'm in first place at 8-1, I'm totally over-achieving in that league as my team really seems quite average. Even though I'm in first place, haven't clinched a playoff spot yet. I made great free agent moves in both leagues by picking up Brandon Lloyd, I've been deepening my bench every week - I've made the most moves in both leagues.
Finally getting some good luck after all the bad luck stemming from when I missed the playoffs by one point in the forum league.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

.Walt

Congrats True! I hope I can get some luck going. In my money league I started off 4-0 and after losing 4 straight I'm 5-4 and 2nd place in my division. I've never won in that league, and I'm hearing it from my friends. My team isn't the greatest, but I think I have a chance to make some noise in the playoffs. The law of averages has to come into affect soon. 10 teams, 10 years, and 0 championships.

.Walt

I'm thinking about going from worst to first in the Jacket league. I like my squad, and I hope there's still some time before the playoffs to get in.

Ruckus

QuoteI'm thinking about going from worst to first in the Jacket league. I like my squad, and I hope there's still some time before the playoffs to get in.
What do you mean by you're thinking about it?  You're just not sure if you want to do it?  You do have a damn fine squad and I do not want to face you ever.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

.Walt

QuoteI'm thinking about going from worst to first in the Jacket league. I like my squad, and I hope there's still some time before the playoffs to get in.
What do you mean by you're thinking about it?  You're just not sure if you want to do it?  You do have a damn fine squad and I do not want to face you ever.

Well thanks Ruckus!! Anyone else wanna fluff my ego by telling me how good my team is? I'm all ears!  ;)

But yeah, I don't wanna set myself up for failure. Maybe that's why I'm only thinking about going from worst to first.

Ruckus

It's gonna be a game time decision.  I just know I gotta pick the Payless with the best selection, stroll in, purchase and mack out.

Penny Lane

who's got peyton hiller?
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

.Walt

It's gonna be a game time decision.  I just know I gotta pick the Payless with the best selection, stroll in, purchase and mack out.

Ruckus, just letting you know I used your bet. Here's how I worked it. Like I said before, I started out 4-0. I'm playing the same four teams to end the season. I challenged any of the losers to the bet (first one to accept is the one I did the bet with). But we're going to spray paint them gold, and make this a yearly thing. Like a college football rivalry trophy. But the person who wins the shoes must challenged a team they play at the end of the year with the worst record.  

Speaking of bets, Ruckus, I still need to put up a Jets picture. You going to pick the picture?

Ruckus

Ruckus, just letting you know I used your bet. Here's how I worked it. Like I said before, I started out 4-0. I'm playing the same four teams to end the season. I challenged any of the losers to the bet (first one to accept is the one I did the bet with). But we're going to spray paint them gold, and make this a yearly thing. Like a college football rivalry trophy. But the person who wins the shoes must challenged a team they play at the end of the year with the worst record.  

Speaking of bets, Ruckus, I still need to put up a Jets picture. You going to pick the picture?
Nice golden shoe thing ya got going.  Way to take it up a notch ;D ;D

Here's my pic for your avatar.  Just a friendly reminder that the New York Sack Exchange was superior to the Purple People Eaters in personality, color, name and maybe not so much talent.

Hawkeye

So I'm checking the final scores this week, noticing some BIG numbers put up!  Walt put up 162 on me, and for a second I figure that's GOTTA be the high score for the week.  I scroll through Bbill's matchup, then AMD, then these words went through my head:  "Let's check out Yim's Pickle."  Damn you PL.  Damn you.   >:(   ;)   ;D
We could.

Penny Lane

QuoteSo I'm checking the final scores this week, noticing some BIG numbers put up!  Walt put up 162 on me, and for a second I figure that's GOTTA be the high score for the week.  I scroll through Bbill's matchup, then AMD, then these words went through my head:  "Let's check out Yim's Pickle."  Damn you PL.  Damn you.   >:(   ;)   ;D

doing well, thanks!  ;) ;D :)
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

pawpaw

Things are getting tight here at the end! 3 weeks to go in the regular season, and 2nd through 11th place are separated by only 2 games. There are some big matchups in the top 5 this next weekend too, with Corey vs. Penny and aMD vs. Cap'n.
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

.Walt

Niiice, I'll get my picture switched ASAP! If you some clever saying to put underneath the picture let me know.

Also (about the shoes) the guys in my league think I'm a genius for thinking of the bet. I took 100% of credit, but now, since I'm telling you about it I feel a little less guilty about it. Because part of me wants to say that I didn't think of it, but then again I like my horn tooted. It's just nice to have someone else toot it.

.Walt

QuoteThings are getting tight here at the end! 3 weeks to go in the regular season, and 2nd through 11th place are separated by only 2 games. There are some big matchups in the top 5 this next weekend too, with Corey vs. Penny and aMD vs. Cap'n.

Yeah, big weeks coming up. I thought AMD was going to lose, and that pretty much would've ended my dream of going from worst to first. One Ruckus loss equals one smile on my face. This is real, this is happening.  

ManNamedTruth

Clinched playoffs in both leagues now. Oh, and I forgot to mention I picked up Vick at the beginning of the season when Kolb went down, I had a score of 192 last night.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

Ruckus

QuoteThings are getting tight here at the end! 3 weeks to go in the regular season, and 2nd through 11th place are separated by only 2 games. There are some big matchups in the top 5 this next weekend too, with Corey vs. Penny and aMD vs. Cap'n.

Yeah, big weeks coming up. I thought AMD was going to lose, and that pretty much would've ended my dream of going from worst to first. One Ruckus loss equals one smile on my face. This is real, this is happening.  
;D. U won't have enough points for a tiebreak if you do run the table chump.  You can change ur tagline to insecure prop bet burglar