Fantasy Football 2010

Started by capt._headdy, Aug 08, 2010, 09:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

capt. scotty

Never good to go into Sunday already down 32.5 points...I hope your players slip on hamburger wrappers and are out this week Bossman. My team is only decent when healthy, but Im not liking my chances this weekend with my injuries. I think Kitna has the better matchup, but I might just start Eli even though his top 2 WRs are out. Kind of like ride the horse that got you there. Butch and Sundance cornered but you might as well try and shoot yourself out. Maybe Eli will ball on sunday!

At least Ive got a nice 79.65-0 lead in my other league, where I need to win to secure first place.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

pawpaw

Ouch. That was one fuckin' ugly Sunday for me. Unless my last two guys go off tonight (and Hawkeye's last two guys get the flu), I think it's the end of the road for me this season.

Looks like it'll be Walts and BBM in at the 5th and 6th spots!
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

capt. scotty

BBM schooled me. Figures Wayne has his best game of the year yesterday, and my own damn 3rd round pick Jonathan Stewart has his 1st good game of the year and fucks me one last time.

Next year the still reigning champion Headdies will be back with a vengeance!!  >:(
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

adam w

debating this in my league...best waiver wire pickup this year?

brandon lloyd & peyton hillis = tie for #1, right?

Ruckus

BBM schooled me. Figures Wayne has his best game of the year yesterday, and my own damn 3rd round pick Jonathan Stewart has his 1st good game of the year and fucks me one last time.

Next year the still reigning champion Headdies will be back with a vengeance!!  >:(
Waaahhhhh :'(  Thank god you pointed out who the defending champion is. ;D ;D ;D  What was AMD thinking?  If only he had traded MJD for Gates, you just might have made it. ;D

I think AMD taking the #1 seed may end up serving me well.  We shall see.  Backing in...backing in
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

.Walt

Much Greater Than Science Fiction

adam w

our commish is convinced he wants to leave yahoo after this year because of the lack of flexibility with certain rules.

i had a bad experience with ESPN ftsy a couple years back.

anybody tried them all out? what's the best experience overall?

.Walt

Quoteour commish is convinced he wants to leave yahoo after this year because of the lack of flexibility with certain rules.

i had a bad experience with ESPN ftsy a couple years back.

anybody tried them all out? what's the best experience overall?

I've played a bunch of different sites. I can totally understand why your commish wants to be out of yahoo. Yahoo is horrible as far as letting you set up a league the way you actually want to. My hockey, basketball, and football are through ESPN. I don't really have a problem with ESPN. Their rankings are a little fucked, but overall it's pretty nice. I've used AOL and I'd say that was the best until a few years ago they stopped using Fanball, and went to Flea Flicker, so we moved to ESPN. I use CBS for a baseball league I'm in, and it's pretty nice. But Fanball and CBS were ones that we had to pay to use. Long story short, ESPN is a decent free league. What happened to you with ESPN?

Also, I think Hillis is pickup of the year.

capt. scotty

I think Hillis was drafted in most leagues, he was drafted in ours, no?? Or I guess I should say drafted in leagues where the draft took place after Hardesty's injury.

Id have to go with Michael Vick as the pickup of the year. He wasnt even drafted in a start 2QB league I did. Not only is he the #1 QB in pts/game, but he's been more consistent than Hillis and is arguably the NFL MVP.

adam w

@walts - just wasn't very fond of the ESPN user experience, and i remember our league had issues with the waiver wire

@capt scotty - james harrison was actually the #1 back in cleveland...that's who my squad got as our #4 RB ... i doubt anybody really had hillis (i mean nobody even had his college career to base anything off of with the dirtiest backfield ever of mcfadden, f jones & peyton...sick!!)

you're right on vick though...kolb was ~#9 on the preseason QB board. don't think vick got much love at all...i wonder what % of teams he started on at the beginning of the season.

.Walt

I think Hillis was drafted in most leagues, he was drafted in ours, no?? Or I guess I should say drafted in leagues where the draft took place after Hardesty's injury.

Id have to go with Michael Vick as the pickup of the year. He wasnt even drafted in a start 2QB league I did. Not only is he the #1 QB in pts/game, but he's been more consistent than Hillis and is arguably the NFL MVP.

I don't think Hillis was drafted in most leagues. I know I picked up in our league before the season started, and if I remember correctly the % owned was less 10 when I did pick him up.

At first when I said Hillis, I was just answering Adam's question, but now that Vick is thrown into the mix, I'd still take Hillis. Finding a QB that puts up number is easy to find. But a RB that's on the waiver wire that puts up numbers and played every week is more valuable in my opinion.

Hawkeye

I still kick myself for not picking up Vick.  I thought about it pretty much immediately after the draft.  But then I thought about last year, when he didn't do much of anything.  Thought I had better use of a roster spot, rather than waiting and waiting for him to play.  And I had Peyton anyway, so I wasn't too worried about QB.  But I sure could've used him or Peyton as trade bait!  Dammit.  Definitely could've used another stud RB or WR.
We could.

capt. scotty

I don't think Hillis was drafted in most leagues. I know I picked up in our league before the season started, and if I remember correctly the % owned was less 10 when I did pick him up.

At first when I said Hillis, I was just answering Adam's question, but now that Vick is thrown into the mix, I'd still take Hillis. Finding a QB that puts up number is easy to find. But a RB that's on the waiver wire that puts up numbers and played every week is more valuable in my opinion.

Its close, I dont think you could go wrong with either guy - at this point. The playoffs are starting now, so if one shines and one falls off, especially this week since its one and done, that might make me lean more towards one player.

Yes, Vick missed 3 games (effectively 4 since the other game he played a quarter), but he's half a point from being the #3 QB overall and in pts/game is #1 with a ridiculous 5 point/game lead over #2 Rodgers.

aMillionDreams

I was going to take the time to breakdown the stats on Headdys' Gates for a top 3 RB deal but I think it's pretty obvious to everyone but the cap how ridiculous that offer was from beginning to end.

I'm going to hang my hat on the Regular Season Champion title, because I'm not sure my team can cut it in the playoffs.  But then again, it's anybody's ball game at this point. Let's do this!

Oh, and another vote for Hillis as the pickup of the year.

The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

Ruckus

QuoteI was going to take the time to breakdown the stats on Headdys' Gates for a top 3 RB deal but I think it's pretty obvious to everyone but the cap how ridiculous that offer was from beginning to end.

I'm going to hang my hat on the Regular Season Champion title, because I'm not sure my team can cut it in the playoffs.  But then again, it's anybody's ball game at this point. Let's do this!

Oh, and another vote for Hillis as the pickup of the year.

And I'm gonna hang my hat on the points title.  I'm with you Dylan.  I fear the best is behind me.  Walt, Yim and BBMan look to have really strong teams.  Just resting up.  Maybe Frank Gore's ankle will heal and he'll circumvent IR rules and play next week.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

capt. scotty

QuoteI was going to take the time to breakdown the stats on Headdys' Gates for a top 3 RB deal but I think it's pretty obvious to everyone but the cap how ridiculous that offer was from beginning to end.

Meh...When Gates was killing it, I was in 2nd or 3rd place all season. He got injured, and my team fell off. I wasnt expecting to get ADP or CJ back, but I threw the offer on the table and wanted to see what happened. I backed up pretty good reasoning as far as Gates #s with the offer, why so harsh on on the tailend? Easy to call it ridiculous now since he got hurt, and your #1 pick finally started producing  10 weeks into the season.

Havent looked at rosters, but Im interested enough where I want to look at all the matchups each week - study up for next year n' at. And yeah, I'll probably jinx whichever team I favor.

aMillionDreams

Meh...When Gates was killing it, I was in 2nd or 3rd place all season. He got injured, and my team fell off. I wasnt expecting to get ADP or CJ back, but I threw the offer on the table and wanted to see what happened. I backed up pretty good reasoning as far as Gates #s with the offer, why so harsh on on the tailend? Easy to call it ridiculous now since he got hurt, and your #1 pick finally started producing  10 weeks into the season.

Havent looked at rosters, but Im interested enough where I want to look at all the matchups each week - study up for next year n' at. And yeah, I'll probably jinx whichever team I favor.

Yeah, who could've foreseen MJD having a better second half of the season than Gates...oh, wait...everyone in the league but you!  ;D
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

.Walt

Nice work so far, Corey. Not a good start to the playoffs for me.

And Ruckus, I lost the shoes bet last week. Not happy about it.

capt. scotty

Yeah, who could've foreseen MJD having a better second half of the season than Gates...oh, wait...everyone in the league but you!  ;D

I bet Ruckus wouldve wished he traded Gore for Gates at this point

ManNamedTruth

So after going 10-2-1 this year probably gonna lose in the first round. I'm so pissed that i'm sick right now cause i had Desean Jackson on the bench for some reason (when i've been playing him every week) and he had 40 points. I'm down 139 - 88 with Ahmad Bradsaw and Adrian Peterson tomorrow, and he has Shiancoe.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!