Fantasy Football 2010

Started by capt._headdy, Aug 08, 2010, 09:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

.Walt

QuoteSo after going 10-2-1 this year probably gonna lose in the first round. I'm so pissed that i'm sick right now cause i had Desean Jackson on the bench for some reason (when i've been playing him every week) and he had 40 points. I'm down 139 - 88 with Ahmad Bradsaw and Adrian Peterson tomorrow, and he has Shiancoe.

sounds like you tried getting too sexy with it, and took desean out. that sucks.

I also lost in my money league, and the jacket league. now i can get back to watching football stress free, the way it was meant to be  ;)
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

aMillionDreams

QuoteSo after going 10-2-1 this year probably gonna lose in the first round. I'm so pissed that i'm sick right now cause i had Desean Jackson on the bench for some reason (when i've been playing him every week) and he had 40 points. I'm down 139 - 88 with Ahmad Bradsaw and Adrian Peterson tomorrow, and he has Shiancoe.

sounds like you tried getting too sexy with it, and took desean out. that sucks.

I also lost in my money league, and the jacket league. now i can get back to watching football stress free, the way it was meant to be  ;)

You're still alive in three of our other leagues, Walt.  There's no money in them, but you're looking good in each one.  As for me I'm on bye this week in every league, either cause I have a top seed or I didn't make the playoffs.  I finished one spot out in two of my leagues.  Oh well, if I can bring home a first place trophy in one league I'll be happy.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

ManNamedTruth

Yeah, I honestly forgot I had him out, should've checked my lineup again. I have the first seed and the bye week in my other money league, so hopefully that works out. I have Aaron Rodgers in that one though so now I gotta figure something out, I don't even have another QB on my roster at the moment.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

capt. scotty

Ruckus you starting Joe Webb this week?? I picked him up as well. Im probably going to start him over Rashad Jennings, Javarris James, and Brian Westbrook but not sure yet. Fantasy secret weapon!!!  8-)

Also, my picks for this week are:

Ruckus -3.47pts
aMD -8.47pts
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Ruckus

QuoteRuckus you starting Joe Webb this week?? I picked him up as well. Im probably going to start him over Rashad Jennings, Javarris James, and Brian Westbrook but not sure yet. Fantasy secret weapon!!!  8-)

Ruckus -3.47pts
aMD -8.47pts
Thanks for making me a favorite.  While I'd like to say I was happy with Rivers' performance last night, another TD would have been nice.  BBMan's got a solid squad over there and Flacco is due for a very solid game at home against the Saints.

Webb will be a game time decision on whether to start him over Sidney Rice or not.  If Webb starts, I'll probably go with him.  Besides, isn't that what us fantasy geeks do?  Make plays just to pretend we are clever in the off chance that it works out.  Hey, let's roll the dice in the playoffs on a late round rookie QB getting his 1st start against one of the best D's in the league. ;D
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

capt. scotty

QuoteRuckus you starting Joe Webb this week?? I picked him up as well. Im probably going to start him over Rashad Jennings, Javarris James, and Brian Westbrook but not sure yet. Fantasy secret weapon!!!  8-)

Ruckus -3.47pts
aMD -8.47pts
Thanks for making me a favorite.  While I'd like to say I was happy with Rivers' performance last night, another TD would have been nice.  BBMan's got a solid squad over there and Flacco is due for a very solid game at home against the Saints.

Webb will be a game time decision on whether to start him over Sidney Rice or not.  If Webb starts, I'll probably go with him.  Besides, isn't that what us fantasy geeks do?  Make plays just to pretend we are clever in the off chance that it works out.  Hey, let's roll the dice in the playoffs on a late round rookie QB getting his 1st start against one of the best D's in the league. ;D

I didnt make you a favorite, thats whats yahoo's score prediction favored you by...Both are pretty good matchups Id say, I think Corey/AMDs matchup is going to end up closer but AMD has more studs youd expect to put up numbers.

Everything Ive read is that Webb will start, and I dont believe Ramsey will start after being signed Wednesday no matter what they say. I wouldnt start Sidney with Webb at QB, Im not sure offhand what your other options though. I like Webb in the flex even vs. CHI because you gotta think he gets at least 125yds passing and a TD somehow, and with his wheels im thinking 40-50 rushing yards (hell, he could have 1 rush for 40 yards like he did numerous times in the preseason). Thats a pretty conservative 13-16pts which I'll take over Rashad Jennings, Javarris James, Burleson, Steve Smith, etc bums that are my other options. Sitting Westbrook was a good call at least.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Ruckus

Ruckus -3.47pts
aMD -8.47pts

I didnt make you a favorite, thats whats yahoo's score prediction favored you by...Both are pretty good matchups Id say, I think Corey/AMDs matchup is going to end up closer but AMD has more studs youd expect to put up numbers.

Everything Ive read is that Webb will start, and I dont believe Ramsey will start after being signed Wednesday no matter what they say. I wouldnt start Sidney with Webb at QB, Im not sure offhand what your other options though. I like Webb in the flex even vs. CHI because you gotta think he gets at least 125yds passing and a TD somehow, and with his wheels im thinking 40-50 rushing yards (hell, he could have 1 rush for 40 yards like he did numerous times in the preseason). Thats a pretty conservative 13-16pts which I'll take over Rashad Jennings, Javarris James, Burleson, Steve Smith, etc bums that are my other options. Sitting Westbrook was a good call at least.
Problem is that I have to wait for Monday night.  At that point I'd have to choose between those two.  Of course if Webb starts I'm putting him in.  It would be great if it comes down to Joe Webb on Monday night for the win!

adam w

gotta give it up for vincent jackson putting up ~40pts on my bench last night...

capt. scotty

QuoteProblem is that I have to wait for Monday night.  At that point I'd have to choose between those two.  Of course if Webb starts I'm putting him in.  It would be great if it comes down to Joe Webb on Monday night for the win!

Yeah, the MNF thing does make it a tougher call, but its not like you cant decide on whose the best option by 1pm sunday. I cant quit thinking about what to do with Webb, and even though he's going against a tough D coming off a beatdown, on the road, in most likely bad weather, I cant help but think Webb has a better chance at double digit points than my other options listed above.

And youre right..I have no reason to really be all that into the game this monday, but if I got Webb going I'l be glued to the TV even if I already know Ive won this week just to see what he does and what his prospects might be for next week. If Im in a tight matchup, I'll probably have a stroke during the 2nd half.

aMillionDreams

I know how little you all care about other leagues but I thought I should tell you all that Walt and I are in 4 leagues together.  In the other three leagues Walt is in the Championship game and he's playing me in two of them.  I hate to ruin such a good season for my brother from another mother, but I gotta do what I gotta do.

BigBossMan

It's tough to beat the same team 3 times in one season.  Not to mention one of the top teams in the league. (Ruckus)
It ain't evil baby if it ain't hurtin' anybody

capt. scotty

Argh, tomorrow is looking like such a doozie..On one hand, Im patting myself on the back for picking up Rashad Jennings about a month back and theres no way I bench him this week vs the Skins.

On the other hand, apparently Philly is supposed to be hit with a blizzard tomorrow night. At least 6" of snow before the game, maybe 2-4" during the game, but 20+ MPH winds during the entire game. Not only does this make starting Joe Webb at WR a more questionable decision (yeah, it was cold last week but not windy or snowing), but starting Vick tomorrow night is starting to worry me despite his ability to run. Im gonna sleep on it but I dont think I'll be any more sure which way to go by noon tomorrow. Vick has been so money, and after last week, I feel like he's unbenchable, but in a championship week where yahoo has me favored by 40pts and his biggest threat Mendenhall got a normal 15pt output, it might be best to just roll with Eli playing in normal conditions @ GB  :-\

He's got A-Rodg also which I cant decide if that makes it a better decision to start Eli (shootout) or not (tough D game both ways)

Ruckus

Quote from: capt. scotty on Dec 26, 2010, 12:18 AM
Argh, tomorrow is looking like such a doozie..On one hand, Im patting myself on the back for picking up Rashad Jennings about a month back and theres no way I bench him this week vs the Skins.

On the other hand, apparently Philly is supposed to be hit with a blizzard tomorrow night. At least 6" of snow before the game, maybe 2-4" during the game, but 20+ MPH winds during the entire game. Not only does this make starting Joe Webb at WR a more questionable decision (yeah, it was cold last week but not windy or snowing), but starting Vick tomorrow night is starting to worry me despite his ability to run. Im gonna sleep on it but I dont think I'll be any more sure which way to go by noon tomorrow. Vick has been so money, and after last week, I feel like he's unbenchable, but in a championship week where yahoo has me favored by 40pts and his biggest threat Mendenhall got a normal 15pt output, it might be best to just roll with Eli playing in normal conditions @ GB  :-\

He's got A-Rodg also which I cant decide if that makes it a better decision to start Eli (shootout) or not (tough D game both ways)

This is great news for me!  I hope very much that this weather stays iffy as I face Vick tonight with my life savings on the line.  Haven't checked it as of this morning.  I got Rodgers going.

Good luck today to all you fantasy footballers.  I got three money finals including the Jacket league and a 3rd place game in an IDP only league.  Glad I spent quality family time yesterday. ;D

capt. scotty

Philly-Vikes game postponed until tuesday!!!!  8)

Hopefully this doesnt mean Favre gets healthy enough to start for Webb though. Picked up Devery Henderson just in case

capt. scotty

Damn, Rodgers really boned me today..Luckily, Im only down 11 and I have Roddy, Jimmy Graham, Vick, and Webb still going while he only has Harvin and McCoy. Should be close, I'll feel a lot better if I get a nice game from Roddy tomorrow and like 6 points from Graham.

aMillionDreams

What a great finish! Congrats to Ruckus!  You were pretty tough this season.

Did we agree on $20 again this year?  If so, let me know.  Paypal works best for me.  Or do I get something for being regular season champ?

capt. scotty

Congrats Rob...What a nailbiter. 21 yds by Colston..EEk!!

Im up by 6 in my game...tonight should be fun

BigBossMan

Come on Maclin and Shady McCoy!!  Bail me out again!
It ain't evil baby if it ain't hurtin' anybody

.Walt

Quote from: aMillionDreams on Dec 28, 2010, 12:35 PM

Did we agree on $20 again this year?  If so, let me know.  Paypal works best for me.  Or do I get something for being regular season champ?

I think we agreed that the regular season champ at least got their money back. I'll pay my $20 to Ruckus...I like using paypal.

Good season everyone! I hope everyone's other leagues ended good for you all. I lost first round in my money league. Story of my life. 10th year, and still haven't won. Next year...
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

Ruckus

Quote from: Walts on Dec 28, 2010, 10:46 PM
Quote from: aMillionDreams on Dec 28, 2010, 12:35 PM

I think we agreed that the regular season champ at least got their money back. I'll pay my $20 to Ruckus...I like using paypal.

Good season everyone! I hope everyone's other leagues ended good for you all. I lost first round in my money league. Story of my life. 10th year, and still haven't won. Next year...
Scrolling back, I think the last thing we sort of agree on was 120/60/30/30. 

So we basically need 5 peeps to paypal me, 2 for Corey and 2 for Amd.