Fantasy Football 2010

Started by capt._headdy, Aug 08, 2010, 09:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

capt. scotty

Quote from: aMillionDreams on Jan 20, 2011, 05:09 PM
I'm still waiting on a mixtape from cap headdy...

I still got your address, but Im guessing you have a new one now..PM me your new addy and Ill send you some goods.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Ruckus

Quote from: capt. scotty on Jan 21, 2011, 12:02 PM
Quote from: Hawkeye on Jan 20, 2011, 06:10 PM
It took me a little bit to pay aMD, I'll admit.  The only thing I'll add is that a timeline really wasn't established up front, as far as "when to pay."  To some, payment within a week or two is fine.  To others, they want it yesterday.  And then, like y'all said with E, some people aren't on here as much as others, and it's easy to slip your mind.  I highly doubt anyone on here would intentionally screw someone else over...at the risk of not being welcome here.  Anyway, glad everyone seems to be getting theirs.

This is basically where I was coming from...Ive never been paid within a month of the season ending, and thats in leagues where all the money has already been paid & accounted for. I guess I kind of assumed paying a few weeks after the season was over would be fine because thats how its always been in other leagues Ive played in, and also because Ive personally never been one to shake people down for my winnings unless the super bowl has been played and I still havent been paid.

Im fine with paying before the season next to aMD or whoever we designate as the accountant. I wouldnt mind upping the ante either.
Cool beans.  Sounds good.  Thanks for doing that big D.  @Walts. My thing is, as long as the payer takes initiative and says I'll get u ur money by x, cool.  It's when I haven't heard crap and I have to waste energy tracking it down while simultaneously feeling like an ass for doing it that rubs me the wrong way.
Are we gonna find at least 8 for baseball? ;D
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Crispy

I'm all for the money being handled up front, even locking the team after the first week if the manager hasn't paid. However, I hate to think of all that money sitting somewhere not earning interest... ;)

I'm REALLY glad we didn't have something like this as the penalty for finishing last:

"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

Ruckus

Quote from: Crispy on Jan 21, 2011, 01:25 PM
I'm all for the money being handled up front, even locking the team after the first week if the manager hasn't paid. However, I hate to think of all that money sitting somewhere not earning interest... ;)

I'm REALLY glad we didn't have something like this as the penalty for finishing last:

;D That tat is sweet.  Ink me up!  We're building a loser's trophy in one of our leagues for next year that must be displayed prominently in the loser's place of residence for the year.  Something tells me aMD ain't gonna let that money sit idly. ;)  $240 on black!
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

.Walt

Quote from: Ruckus on Jan 21, 2011, 12:40 PM
Quote from: capt. scotty on Jan 21, 2011, 12:02 PM
Quote from: Hawkeye on Jan 20, 2011, 06:10 PM
It took me a little bit to pay aMD, I'll admit.  The only thing I'll add is that a timeline really wasn't established up front, as far as "when to pay."  To some, payment within a week or two is fine.  To others, they want it yesterday.  And then, like y'all said with E, some people aren't on here as much as others, and it's easy to slip your mind.  I highly doubt anyone on here would intentionally screw someone else over...at the risk of not being welcome here.  Anyway, glad everyone seems to be getting theirs.

This is basically where I was coming from...Ive never been paid within a month of the season ending, and thats in leagues where all the money has already been paid & accounted for. I guess I kind of assumed paying a few weeks after the season was over would be fine because thats how its always been in other leagues Ive played in, and also because Ive personally never been one to shake people down for my winnings unless the super bowl has been played and I still havent been paid.

Im fine with paying before the season next to aMD or whoever we designate as the accountant. I wouldnt mind upping the ante either.
Cool beans.  Sounds good.  Thanks for doing that big D.  @Walts. My thing is, as long as the payer takes initiative and says I'll get u ur money by x, cool.  It's when I haven't heard crap and I have to waste energy tracking it down while simultaneously feeling like an ass for doing it that rubs me the wrong way.
Are we gonna find at least 8 for baseball? ;D

I agree with you Ruckus. I guess I'm Mr. Agreeable. But yeah, as long as you keep the person posted. It's a uncomfortable conversation starter to say the least.
Also it's Leaguesafe, not Paysafe.

Stewie Beats Up Brian Part 1 and 2
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

capt. scotty

Quote from: Crispy on Jan 21, 2011, 01:25 PM

I dont think Ive ever finished dead last, but I dont think I could sign up for that league  ;D
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons