Phish to Reunite at Hampton in March

Started by AndreaJohnston, Oct 01, 2008, 09:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salacious D

Because if there's one thing that goes well with shooting zombies it's a Dolly Parton cover-el chode

getinthevan

The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

easy way

Ahhhh....Hampton. Here we go again!  ;)
"the time is with the month of winter solstice, when the change is due to come..."

capt. scotty

Re-unitings for 3 nights at the Spaceship

You FUCKIN Know IT!!!!!!

Fluffhead opener on March 6th
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Salacious D

Fluffhead opener on March 6th
Mike says, "No."
Because if there's one thing that goes well with shooting zombies it's a Dolly Parton cover-el chode

alexzbik

Stolen as the war begun, this time your soul is my one.

pawpaw

"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

capt. scotty

All the hotels in Hampton and nearby Newport News are already sold out (luckily my boys got 1 in Newport News already)

Also, my buddy tells me he heard/read somewhere that over 50,000 ppl have already made a request for tickets on Phish's site

This is gonna be ridiculously difficult to get tickets to  :(

I think Phish was a little selfish doing this at Hampton which only holds around 13000 when they could have done it at an NFL stadium or college stadium. They make more $$$ because more tickets are sold, and the phans win because if youre relly trying to get tix, youre making into a stadium without having to pay 200$ for a ticket
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

aMillionDreams

QuoteAll the hotels in Hampton and nearby Newport News are already sold out (luckily my boys got 1 in Newport News already)

Also, my buddy tells me he heard/read somewhere that over 50,000 ppl have already made a request for tickets on Phish's site

This is gonna be ridiculously difficult to get tickets to  :(

I think Phish was a little selfish doing this at Hampton which only holds around 13000 when they could have done it at an NFL stadium or college stadium. They make more $$$ because more tickets are sold, and the phans win because if youre relly trying to get tix, youre making into a stadium without having to pay 200$ for a ticket

Seems to me that it would be selfish to do it in a stadium.  I'd mean more if it was in Hampton and in front of a smaller crowd, imo.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

VB #13

I'm a fairly optimistic person... and I've already had a good deal of different friends get the max number of tickets for me in hopes of striking gold. But I just can't be very optimistic about this. By noon today, 50,000 individual requests were already made and it's looking worse and worse.

It sucks cause I really want to see Phish come back... I just won't be able to pay $300+ for one night at the Coliseum.

ManNamedTruth

They posted that more dates will be added. This won't be your only chance to see them so I wouldn't worry too much.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

Salacious D

QuoteThey posted that more dates will be added. This won't be your only chance to see them so I wouldn't worry too much.
But it will be our first chance to see them come back after the break up.

I cannot imagine what it will be like the moment the lights go out the first night of Hampton. . . it's worth my 401k to see and feel that one instant of pure excitement, elation, and anticipation.

capt. scotty

QuoteThey posted that more dates will be added. This won't be your only chance to see them so I wouldn't worry too much.
But it will be our first chance to see them come back after the break up.

I cannot imagine what it will be like the moment the lights go out the first night of Hampton. . . it's worth my 401k to see and feel that one instant of pure excitement, elation, and anticipation.

well, if you dont get tix request tix or ticketmaster, youre probably gonna be paying 350+ for a tix for friday - so it could be likely your 401K takes a bit of a dip.

that said, I really wanna hit up Hampton for this, but if I dont get lucky with ticket request, or even less likely ticketbastard, I doubt ill be in VA in March

the_wizzard

I think Phish was a little selfish doing this at Hampton which only holds around 13000 when they could have done it at an NFL stadium or college stadium.

Hampton is home to many a magical show...they made a good choice.  And 3 nights too!  Wow!

Me....I'm waiting for the Vegas shows  ::) ::) ::) ::)

***(we all know that is where the fun will begin  :D)

capt. scotty

I think Phish was a little selfish doing this at Hampton which only holds around 13000 when they could have done it at an NFL stadium or college stadium.

Hampton is home to many a magical show...they made a good choice.  And 3 nights too!  Wow!

Im not saying Hampton is a bad choice of venue, Im saying A LOT of bigtime phans are going to get shutout of these shows, probably some all 3 nights, and it didnt need to be that way

I love the spaceship, but do you realize how many phans want to catch at least 1 of these shows?!?!

Over 50,000 ticket requests in less that 6 hours after this was announced....If I get tickets to 2 of the 3 days, Id put it on the probablility of Powerball

the_wizzard

Im not saying Hampton is a bad choice of venue, Im saying A LOT of bigtime phans are going to get shutout of these shows, probably some all 3 nights, and it didnt need to be that way

I love the spaceship, but do you realize how many phans want to catch at least 1 of these shows?!?!

Over 50,000 ticket requests in less that 6 hours after this was announced....If I get tickets to 2 of the 3 days, Id put it on the probablility of Powerball
I hear you honey...it will be hard.  However, you got to respect how f*cking cool each show will be.  Breaking it down to intimate moments.  And, if you want to be in those shows, then you will be.  I am a firm believer in that.

but if they announce a Vegas date...that will be the run to attend.  Just my (experienced) opinion.  

don't worry my friend, you will be there...i can tell  8-)

ItStillJaimoe

Let's hope that they avoid playing anything off of Round Room and Undermind. I also hope that they do some new material is support of an upcoming studio album. I'm not into Phish as a nostalgia act just yet.

ManNamedTruth

QuoteLet's hope that they avoid playing anything off of Round Room and Undermind. I also hope that they do some new material is support of an upcoming studio album. I'm not into Phish as a nostalgia act just yet.

Round Room wasn't bad, I never got into undermind though.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

ItStillJaimoe

I'd like to see Phish prove that they can recapture some of the old magic both on stage (which is plausible) and in the studio (which is probably unlikely). However, I'd be pretty excited if they dropped a new album as good as Farmhouse or at least had some interestig new in-the-works material that they showcase live.

pawpaw

I think it's pretty cool that they're doing Hampton for their first step back, as opposed to, say, the Meadowlands or a decommissioned Air Force base. Indoor arenas are Phish at their best anyway, imo. Good luck to all you trying to get tickets.

Next summer is the summer of the newborn, so I MIGHT be able to sneak down for a show at Shoreline, but I'm SURE a trip to Vegas is NOT in the works.  ;) Or maybe they'll bring it back to Cal Expo  ::) That'd make things a WHOLE lot easier for me ;D That was the site of my first Dead ('94) AND Phish ('95) shows.

By the way, how awesome is the wizzard?!?! I, for one, think that she's TOTALLY awesome :) I'm pretty sure she doesn't even live in Portland, but on Wiz(z)ard Island in Crater Lake.
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."