Main Menu

Ocean Colour Scene

Started by thepennylaneNYC, Oct 10, 2008, 10:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penny Lane

maybe Dragonboy and Mjkoehler will respond----i was telling someone the other day how steve craddock played guitar on paul weller albums and it reminded me how much i loved this band---especially Mosely Shoals---i was playing 'riverboat song' and 'day we caught the train' this morning ;-) i forgot to include them in my important 90s brit pop bands!
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

MarkW

I loved Mosely Shoals.  Going to give it a spin this weekend; it reminds me of beer, football and carefree times.  You remember: back in the day when we had banks that didn't go "pffffft" overnight...
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

mjkoehler

I gotta admit, you got me stumped on this one. I of course need to hear them. I have to do some searching tonight in my beer and hopefully "cloudy" coughcough haze since I have a family free weekend.

Penny Lane

OMGGGG---around the same time Be Here Now was topping the charts---they were given a run for their money by Mosely Shoals (sp?)..there was a huge song called 'the riverboat song' and 'the day we caught the train' ---a lot of acoustic stuff too---S Craddock has done some stuff w/Noel too--i have a couple of their other albums but nothing compares to that one. their self titled debut was pretty good, too...MJ let me know i'll send you mosely shoals if you want?

mjkoehler

Penny- That would be fantastic! Yeah, I'm shocked to.

I think that's why we need to have a "Britpop" thread since we have ones several larger individual artists. There is a load of great stuff in our favorite little sub genre that just gets overlooks as well, Britpop wasn't something for the average American musical palatte. The La's are great example. Just a fantastic album that most people have no clue who the hell they were (outside of There She Goes from So I Married An Axe Murder) yet it's an album that everyone SHOULD own.

Penny Lane

just PM me your address---

dragonboy

Used to love Mosely Shoals! I had a fantastic holiday in Jersey (Channel Islands) many moons ago & this was the perfect soundtrack.

Love this song:

[media]http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=JqVQ5zvxYUc[/media]

God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.